Dissapearing rescorces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadBob
    Is there anyway to automate severial units in same square to do the same thing? I know you can move them - but I want all my workers to do the same thing, battleships to shell the same target - that kinda thing.
    The best you can do is use the automate for this town only, but I doubt they will gang on any square, unless it is the only thing left to be done.

Comment

I think he means tell a stack of workers to all do that same thing at once.

Comment

Yes and the answer is no, but the automate for this city may have a similar effect. I have seen it take a bunch of workers to the same tile and start a task.

That is what I intended to convey.

Comment

OK but it is not the original AI taking it back. 3 countries, myself(english) ,zulu and egypt. me and zulu against egypt. zulu took the city in question. Shouldnt the same thing happen to it?(smaller city radius?)
          "Si hoc obstat, dejectum sit - If its in the way let it be knocked down."
          >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

As to the workers, i have a stack of 6 workers and i want them to clean up damage. Is there a way to have them all do it with out hitting the clean damage button for all 6? (some stacks have more than 6 workers) Also if i have a stack of battle ships and the target is the same - do i still have the do it for each ship?
            >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

OK but it is not the original AI taking it back. 3 countries, myself(english) ,zulu and egypt. me and zulu against egypt. zulu took the city in question. Shouldnt the same thing happen to it?(smaller city radius?)
              Savegame?

Not sure... has the city ever belonged to Zulus? Is their territory next to the city in question?

Comment

No zulus never had it before- new cocqured city. Both me and zulu are next to city in question. see pic. I captured New Warrick(city became rubble and i rebult it in next square) and you see city radius. Next turn (after i had bombed new Groningen to a spearman) zulu can in and captured the city - they have a 26 square radius! Why? I have all cities around city in question. I wanted New Warrick to expand to include the Uriniam deposit.
                Attached Files
                >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

As to the workers, i have a stack of 6 workers and i want them to clean up damage. Is there a way to have them all do it with out hitting the clean damage button for all 6? (some stacks have more than 6 workers)
                  Not really, however you can put workers on automatic damage cleanup. They'll run to the clean up any pollution in your territory. When there's no more pollution to clean, they'll wake up.

If you have most tiles completely improved, you can put workers on automate with no altering. Workers will not change irrigation or mining, but will clean pollution, finish roads and rails and add irr/min to unimproved tiles. When there's nothing to do they'll march into a city and sleep.

Also if i have a stack of battle ships and the target is the same - do i still have the do it for each ship?
                  Yup. You can autobombard on a per ship basis but that's probably not what you want.

Comment

How do i put them on auto cleanup of polution? I dont seam to have that button.
                    >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

Back to the disappearing resource business for a moment. My last game I was a warmonger so this game I decided to be a straight good-guy builder, not troubling anyone else, just seeing what kind of civ I could create by settling my own cities and growing them. Eventually I researched Steam Power and started looking around for coal on my fairly good-size territory. Nothing.

Across a small expanse of sea sat the Carthaginians. Perched on the shore was the town of Hippo with a juicy pile of coal not even roaded! I hit F4 and began visiting all the other civs to see who would sell/trade me some coal. No one had any to spare. Well, I have to have my railroads so, although I didn't want to, I invaded Hippo fairly easily and, because they wouldn't talk to me about peace, went on to take the capitol city, Carthage. Now they would speak with me and, call me crazy, as part of making peace I gave them a tech, Magnetism I think.

So, I got my workers laying track and before I knew it I got the word that that source of coal was exhausted! I looked around all of my territory to see if a replacement source had popped up but none had. Now I'm reloading my galleons with cavalry, riflemen, and a couple of workers to take yet another Carthaginian city that has coal.

So much for trying to be a good guy with a good reputation. I'm convinced C3C is designed to force you to war at some point, and I don't just mean defending yourself when someone else attacks. Of course I suppose I could try to limp along without coal .... But how far am I going to get?

Well, let's go ruin my reputation completely.
                      Jack

Comment

I know - now my alumium has dissappered too! (and i too have a large continunt and it has not reappeared any where on it) So far Im the domanit power so cocquering my rivals isnt a problim.
                        >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

Originally posted by MyOlde
                          Across a small expanse of sea sat the Carthaginians. Perched on the shore was the town of Hippo with a juicy pile of coal not even roaded! I hit F4 and began visiting all the other civs to see who would sell/trade me some coal. No one had any to spare.
                          Just so you know, it's much easier to simply go to the trade advisor (F2). This will show you all the extra resources held by civs you are connected to.
                          "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                          -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

No zulus never had it before- new cocqured city. Both me and zulu are next to city in question. see pic. I captured New Warrick(city became rubble and i rebult it in next square) and you see city radius. Next turn (after i had bombed new Groningen to a spearman) zulu can in and captured the city - they have a 26 square radius! Why? I have all cities around city in question. I wanted New Warrick to expand to include the Uriniam deposit.

It looks to me like the have another city that is touching with that city. So they have a combined culture effect.

IOW the city is not isolated as you stated.

Comment

How do i put them on auto cleanup of polution? I dont seam to have that button.
                              Check your preference settings to enable show more advanced buttons.

Then you should see all the worker choices, if you select a worker.
                              The buttons for auto clean are not available for non workers.

Comment

vmax1 - There was one of his citys close by - but they only conected when it expanded 3 rings. I have citys touching citys to conquer and I still only get the inital 1 ring around the city.
                                Ill try and see ifr i can find those adavanced buttons.
                                thanks
                                >>>>------------I>

[]==I=========>

Comment

Working...
                                X