Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes! Felicitous salutations!

One word of advice: earplugs.

I never was a devotee of the Louder Is Better school of music appreciation. I find my ears less tolerant as I hit the Big 4-0 mark. I can only imagine it moreso at 5-0.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• -Jrabbit,

Happy Birthday to our Lagomorphic friend!!

I hope your 50th is the best year of your young life and that all your dreams come true. ENJOY!!

Monk
      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• 50! I'm surprised you play Civ at all seeing as you need to use those new-fangled computers.

Nah, seriously, have a good one, and enjoy the concert.

Comment

• Tell your daughter that she has to have you back home in one piece by eleven o'clock at the latest!

I'll send over a hides caravan for your birthday. You can enjoy it as it is, or put it towards something you really want.

Comment

• Happy birthday Jrabbit

Rather than recapturing a misspent youth at the concert, I suggest you instead start a misspent middle age...
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
              Rather than recapturing a misspent youth at the concert, I suggest you instead start a misspent middle age...
              "...start..."???

Too late...!!!!
              Last edited by -Jrabbit; October 28, 2003, 14:31.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Many Happy Returns, Lagomorph

Stu

[Monty Python - Holy Grail mode]
                p.s. 50 hardly hurts at all
                [\MP mode]
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Ditto the above

Amazing what one finds when perusing the threads.

Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• Happy birthday JRabbit.

Aren't you going to celebrate with Ming & Rah?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Returning to the topic of this thread ...

Just how long have we known where the French live?
                      Why are our forces so far from Rheims?
                      What's a Cease Fire?
                      Why is half the universe asleep?

Succession Game Rule Ammendment Proposal - fit units should not be set to 'Sentry' - it makes them damn hard to locate when needed -- example - India is melting under (nuclear) pollution and we have Engineers asleep in cities
                      Where is my "Smite the French" cap?

Stu
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits

Succession Game Rule Ammendment Proposal - fit units should not be set to 'Sentry' - it makes them damn hard to locate when needed -- example - India is melting under (nuclear) pollution and we have Engineers asleep in cities
                        Where is my "Smite the French" cap?

Stu
                        1) You have my support (BTW what use is 'sentry' ?)

2) If you grab that cap, please send it to me .
                        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• La Fayette -- I'm pretty sure that when Stu says "sentry" he means "sleep."

Ben Kenobi -- I tried to celebrate with Ming and rah last weekend (planned an overpriced golf outing) but blew out my right calf and am on crutches. So cancelled that and will see them Friday for the usual FNSGS meeting.

All Sxn Players -- Thanks for the birthday wishes. Pleased to see most of you got your +1. FYI, I got a nice digi camera, the new Terry Pratchett, and misc other from SWMBO. Plus I got to spend the evening with my 15 y-o daughter, clearly the best gift of the lot.

All in all, a really nice 50th. If not for the crutches, I wouldn't feel old at all...
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I didn't get my +1, I edited my original post to include the greeting!

Comment

• And what is +1??

Monk
                              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Given the length of this thread I'd say most people here know the answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X