• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow that's a bump and a half.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
      Wow that's a bump and a half.
      ~ 7 months between turnsets...and still counting. Makes the Lazy Gamers seem positively speedy!!

Monk
      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Even Slowthinker plays faster than us!

Comment

• Oh **** - I had hoped that this had been forgotten ...

Stu
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits
            Oh **** - I had hoped that this had been forgotten ...

Stu

I imagined, when I noticed it, that it got lost in the holiday shuffle...the Christmas holiday that is.

Looks like the wrapup is just a formality, but, isn't it upon such things that our Civilization rests??

Monk

Comment

• I thought this game was finished. No??
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Apparently, everyone else did too; but, there is no final save or confirming log.

It is from so far back, I'd have to read the first few posts again to find out what is Tricky or Sticky about this game. Do you remember without looking??

Monk

Comment

• Mickey Mouse, Despotism -> Democracy only govts

/me thinks waaaaay back

I think we had everyone except the French, and they were located so far away it will take a dozen turns just to sail there
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• The French have a single city on an outpost and an enclave of about 6 cities on an island - try as I might I could not find a way to defeat them in a single turn - the logistics of the outpost defeated me - so I lost interest .....
                    OK - another trip to the Institute - I will get it finished in the next few weeks ....

Stu
                    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Yeah I knew it'd be a pain to finish. When I realised I wouldn't finish on my turns I was quite happy.

Comment

• For want of anything better to do, I have downloaded the .sav to this game and plan to finish it over the weekend.
                        Report and save on Monday, when our balance sheet won't look quite so bad with another old game taken off.

Comment

• The report isn't good.

I couldn't get Spikey's save to load, so I'll download it again today, and hopefully get another go at it this evening. If not, then I won't be able to play until next weekend I'm afraid.

Comment

• What version are you using? It's a gigamap and needs MGE IIRC.

Comment

• I originally got the save last October and just d/l'ed it again. Both work fine, duke, so if there is a problem, it is not with the save.

Maybe the Civ Godz want Stu to finish this one per the regular order?? He has been working on this for 10 months, after all.

No biggy. This one has always had a Mickey Mouse wiff about it.

Monk

Comment

• I was fiddling about with the USB stick anyway so that might have caused the problem. I'm afraid that I didn't get a chance to play last night because the duchess wanted to buy rail tickets on the net, and that means it'll probably have to wait until the weekend. Mind you, if the weather here stays as it is then the softball match for tomorrow night will be cancelled and I'll have a bonus night of Civ.

Oh, and thanks for posting. I didn't want three posts in a row. Ming might not be too pleased, even if they were on different days.

Comment

Working...
                                X