No announcement yet.

ToT Sci-Fi succession game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloaded - will play sometime this weekend.

So we are at war with both Engineers and Cherisy? Good

So I guess we are playing 10 turns each now?

Comment

I did, because I didn't want tot keep you waiting to long
      Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

Oh, you didn't need to only play 10 if you wanted to play 20 turns - Marcel !

Well here are my 10 turns:

1760 - I switched wonders at Meteor city from Milquetoast (SunTzu) to Central Service (Adam Smith) - Attacked and destroyed 4-5 Pedipalpis and Xenocides of the Engineers near Tsiolosky
        1762 - Meteor City builds Central Service Wonder
        1764 - Hybrid Design research completed - going for Syncretic Biology next for Hela turbine (Hoover Dam)
        1766 - The Engineers are starting SITW Project
        1770 - Tivallani boast about getting Principles of Vanok
        1772 - Ixion and Ophion barbarians arise south of Star City - all killed soon after (got 2 diplomat leaders for 200) - Also reach 8 million citizens
        1774 - Tivallani Plasma traders reach Peenemunde
        1776 - Sharpe abdicates. Hail to our next glorious leader!

Also had constant Tivallani attacks from Homicide units but they were easily defeated. Also the Cherisy tried to invade our northwestern cities , but I destroyed them.

Situation: continued building railroads on Funestis , continued replacing the Raptors with Iron Maidens and then Pasticcios. We should get try to get more cities in Orbit soon , as the Engineers seem to up there now too and the others are sure to follow soon.

Still at war with Cherisy and Engineers - didn't make much progress there.

Comment

I'm probably only going to play 10 turns, since I usually only have time for more on the weekends. And since I'm next, I believe I'm going to have to play in the middle of the week.
          "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
          Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
          Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
          Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Sorry posted my reply before I attached the file. Here it is.
            Attached Files

Comment

Back again!!!

Finally free to play CIV!!!
              I also fixed the bug I had. Seem's I forgot to install the patch last time I installed ToT.

Soo...
              ...when is it my turn?

Comment

Ecowiz - Zealot was scheduled to be next, but you should talk to him to see if you are going before or after him I guess.

If we are now going 10 turns (probably a good idea as the turns are just going to get longer), I think these would be the next 10 start/finish dates. Thought this might be useful to have in front of us.

1 1778 1796
                2 1798 1816
                3 1818 1836
                4 1838 1853
                5 1854 1863
                6 1864 1873
                7 1874 1883
                8 1884 1893
                9 1894 1903
                10 1904 1913

Comment

Re: Back again!!!

Originally posted by Ecowiz Returns
                  Finally free to play CIV!!!
                  I also fixed the bug I had. Seem's I forgot to install the patch last time I installed ToT.
                  I knew it!
                  I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!!!
                  And I told ya so! But you insisted that you already had it installed...

Originally posted by Ecowiz Returns
                  Soo...
                  ...when is it my turn?
                  Huh, now I was going to play. So, we better switch turns. You'll play after me, ok?
                  "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                  Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                  Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                  Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Ahem... I will be resigning from any further duties in this succession game, unfortunately.
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Mercator ... has something come up ?

Comment

• Well, life, basically. Nothing serious, but I just need to get some things straightened out and I'm giving this up as an excuse to make myself think I accomplished something to improve those things.
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

• 1778: Researched Syncretic Biology. Going for Xenolinguistics.
                          1780: Conquered Thuviana to the Engineers and got Euthenics through conquest!
                          Ha! They get an Intelliraptor as a partisan and demand 50 bp to have peace! Nice try...
                          1782: Rush buy SITW Project, since the Engineers have it almost built. Rush buy Dopplegarage at Tsiolkofsky, because it might enter into revolte, because I used its Iron Maidens to attack the Engineers.
                          1784: Star City builds SITW Project. Starts building Combine (+50% science in the city). ETB: 16 turns.
                          Stole "Piracy" at the Cleresy's city The Temple. The Salmagundy managed to survive and has now veteran status. In the mean time, they tried to meet with me, and I was forced to sign a cease-fire. Wich is gone, since I spyed on them!
                          1786: Just conquered Oppenheimer to the Engineers. But despite I did not give them an audience, the senate signed a cease-fire!!! Oh well, let's hope I can break it.
                          1788: Reseached Xenolinguistics. We can now talk with the aliens! Going for Omniform Bacteria.
                          1790: Stole Pressure Vessel to the Tivallani in the T'ofer Cor city. But I wanted Astronomy... Salmagundy at Leyland resting. Will try to get it next time!
                          1792: Imperial population: 10 million!
                          1794: Make peace with the Ponn Jahr (green). The Tivallani demanded 800 bp... We shall get our turn, guys... We shall get our turn...
                          1796: We got Orreries!!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! And the spy survived again ! What a spy! We (I) have been lucky so far. Let's ope you guys have it too. Oh, and the victim city was Tivallani's city Pacor Nog.

So, once again, the Mighty Zealot succeeds his empire to his fellow portuguese Apolytoner, Ecowiz (wich, by the way, is returning from somewhere that I don't know, since I never asked! ).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mercator
                            Ahem... I will be resigning from any further duties in this succession game, unfortunately.
                            Ah dude, that sucks! You were one of the best of us four! (I don't count, I'm not one of the best )

Mercator, if you think that you might want to join us at any time, the slot will always be open for you (until we finish it, of course ).

And my game file:
                            Attached Files

Comment

• For some odd reason I wasn't able to connect from home.

I'll try to download today.

Looks like the gods are against my participation in this sucession game.

Comment

• I just checked my file, and I must warn you that after you download it you need to add the ".zip" extension to the file!
                                Don't forget about that detail Eco, otherwise you won't be able to decompress the file!

Comment

Working...
                                X