No announcement yet.

ToT Sci-Fi succession game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K, I have downloaded it. Will try to play tomorrow if possible.

I may try to do something against the Vallans on Naumachia as it sounds like they are giving us trouble there. (I will probably just wipe out their units and block their teleporters but not take their cities up there).

Comment

• Forget that idea of not taking their cities on Naumachia as they are there IN FORCE !! (At least 6 cities probably more already). We have to take them now !!

But I will probably leave their orbital and Funestis cities intact (except for the ones they are now founding in our core territories - they built one 4 squares from our capital !!).

The aliens are also narrowing our technology lead and trading it to our arch-nemeses the Engineers grrrr.

Will likely need all of my 72 hours to play unfortunately.
      Last edited by Sharpe; April 28, 2002, 22:16.

Comment

• I have finished 7 turns so far.... should be able to finish them off tomorrow.

The tide has turned on Naumachia - have captured or destroyed a lot of cities so far (including an Engineer one on Naumachia - wow ! I didn't think they had the tech to reach there yet). Haven't captured any Vallan cities there yet, they seem to be defended with Iron Maidens grrrr.

Vallans are becoming a real irritant too everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharpe
          (including an Engineer one on Naumachia - wow ! I didn't think they had the tech to reach there yet)
          When one civ gets the tech to build a teleporter(like spacecraft for SSTO pads), an event is triggered that allows all civs to build it.
          Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

• Gosh, I wasn't aware of Vallans out of Funestis already!
            Hey, those aliens only need some territory in Funestis, not elsewhere!

So listen up, everybody:
            No Civ has permission to be outside Funestis but ourselves! Those civs who fail to compy this [our] rule, will be terminated!
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

• Does someone knows which tech turns Aliens useless?

These alliens are becoming too much of an asset to the AI.
              - Since we cannot destroy them they can do whatever they want.
              - By allying themselves to the Engineers they are trading techs with them, making even more dificult to finish them!!!

I think it's about time to end their misery!

Can anyone confirm if finding the Proteus Sapiens means that we don't need no alien tech advance anymore?

Please?

Comment

• We need unification theory from them. One of the requisites is swarming path I think, which they have. I cant remember the other I'll have a look when I get home.
                KILL THE VALLAN
                Their really close to it now, kicking some alien ass isn't going to slow them down to much.
                Also, hows the war against the Engineers going?

Comment

• No Civ has permission to be outside Funestis but ourselves! Those civs who fail to compy this [our] rule, will be terminated!
                  Hmm exactly what I am thinking.

KILL THE VALLAN
                  That will be a challenge - they have Iron Maidens in their cities and have the tech for Pasticcios - they are also currently researching Chaos Biogenics (Typheous Dinosaur) so they aren't too far behind us in tech. Although they are mostly still using Homicide and Feephi units as their attack units. They have still to get The Force Su'aruk in order to be able to research our vital Unification Theory - so they are very close (if they don't research something else that is).

The Senate keeps making ceasefires with the Engineers grrr - fortunately , that doesn't prevent me from subverting their smaller cities.

Engineers have one large city (size 14 - heavily defended with one Iron Maiden and looks like 5 Bolters) left on Funestis and perhaps one city in orbit (I have taken 2 cities on Funestis, 2 cities in orbit and 1 city on Naumachia from the Engineers).

Comment

• Sharpe reassumes the leadership of the Star Officers.

PE 1862 - Find and capture the Engineer city of Urbs Novum - senate signs cease fire with Engineers. Sharpe's fellow officers narrowly manage to convince Sharpe to not kill all the Senators.

PE 1863 - Attacks on Mercuria, Valerian and Pacor Ng continue for the next 5-10 turns. We repel the attacks easily. Engineers develop Plasmatronics. Van Allentown builds Singing Gardens. Bribed Engineer town Peregrination for 216 Bp on Naumachia. Destroyed Iibihati city of Vachioni east of StarCity.

PE 1864 - Pacor Ng is bribed by the Tivallani (Vallans) who get a Pasticcio unit and steal Syncratic Biology. Founded Phobos and Enceladas cities on Naumachia.

PE 1865 - Ponn Jahr finish researching Economy of Scale. We discover Proteus Sapiens and our cities' graphics changes - we also now have a path to more advanced units available to us. Bribe Engineer city of Mantissa (in orbit).

PE 1866 - Reach 25 million citizens. Bribe Engineer city of Faraday (in orbit).

PE 1867 - Iihibati discover Frictionless Surfaces. We destroy Jahree city of Cat Frau (Naumachia).

PE 1868 - Reach 26 million citizens. Destroyed Jahree city of Saegee (Naumachia).

PE 1869 - True Colony civilization (never heard of them) develop Euthenics (hehe primitive savages). Vallan develop Adaptive Automata. Our city of Phobos is bribed away from us by the Vallan. They steal Plasma Engines, but I bribe Phobos back in the same turn. We develop Total Immunity (Ur Titan units 15-6-1). Reach 27 million in popluation. Captured Khitow, Sitponn from Jahree on Naumachia and capture Simplicity from Engineers on Funestis. Senate again signs cease fire with Engineers. Sharpe shoots one of the Senators in response.

PE 1870 - Ponn Jahr develop Plasma Chamber. Reach 28 million in population. Capture Nopala from Jahree on Naumachia. Senate signs ceasefire with Jahree. Sharpe agrees this time as the Jahree have more units in the area than we do.

PE 1871 - Engineers break ceasefire with us. Fortunately I have been sending over Kineticores and 1-2 Griffes so we should have a powerful air attack soon to destroy their Iron Maiden(s). Van Allentown builds Julian Bureaucracy (Statue of Liberty). Capture Vallan city of Din Echo on Naumachia. Senate signs ceasefire with Vallans. Sharpe again agrees as they have several Raptors in the area and 2 more cities nearby to the north.

Sharpe retires after 10 eventful years.

Status Report: Have expanded by colonization and conquest from 1 to 7 cities on Naumachia. Some alien Raptors are left nearby the conquered cities. Should send up more attack and defensive units ASAP. I may have stretched our forces there a little too far. I have pillaged a lot of their transport pads to Naumachia too. I would advise building another city on Naumachia southwest of Luna city where the Engineer currently is (48,79) as it has 3 specials.

We should build a lot more defensive units in Van Allentown as we now have 5 wonders there. I suspect that the Iihibati have another city west of Welata as I see a road around there. I have begun to try to block the Jahree invasions near Meteor City and Mercuria. Suggest we build force fields with 2 units each to let them waste their units against them.

I think the Engineers might be down to just that one city - Ioaia, but I am not too sure about that. There might be another city east of Peregrination on Namuchia as there is a transport pad to Naumachia that has just appeared east of Mantissa (orbit).

Vallans are by far our biggest threat, we should try to contain them on Funestis before we trigger the Guardians.

Guess it is your turn, Zealot. Good luck, guess you will likely have the satisfaction of destroying the hated Engineers!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• I'm sure I've forgotten this but we have conquered the Marconi Tower in my turn, so you can check how many cities the Engineers have.

Silly mind! Keeps forgetting important things.

Comment

• Oops , true , we do have an embassy with everybody. I must have had a braincramp

Engineers: 1 city (Ioaia on Funestis)
                        Ponn Jahr: 19 cities
                        Vallan: 19 cities
                        Iihibati: 5 cities
                        True Colony: 3 cities
                        Us: 56 cities

Comment

• It's not you! I was the one that conquered the city with the Marconi Tower, but didn't report it. You could only know that by chance.

About the True Colony: my bet is that they were "born" due to the destruction of some Civ in the beggining of the game. Can't figure out were they are, though.

Comment

• Nice going Sharpe.
                            Ur titans should take out Iron Maidens with out to much hassle. If not put everything in to making cash and bribe them.
                            Its the advance we get from Unification Theory that allows access to nona isn't it? Might be worth researching future techs for while while we beat up the vallan a bit.
                            What style of victory are we going for?

Comment

• Re: ToT Sci-Fi succession game

Here, Prof:

Originally posted by Zealot
                              Victory condition: Guys, I would like to win by events but, in case we are totally lost and just don't figure out how to win the game, I think we could win by spaceship. So that we can all see a pretty ending.

Comment

• Thanks, but I'm still non-the-wiser. Is that Conquering everyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X