ToT Sci-Fi succession game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT Sci-Fi succession game

Hi guys! I just started a new ToT science-fiction game, and I would like to make it a succession game with you! So feel free to volunteer!

This game's specs are:

- Normal size (multiply the amount of terrain available by 4 )
    - King dificulty level (I don't remember the specific name right now)
    - Our civ: Starship Officers (white)
    - Civs: 7; us (humans), plus 3 humans and 3 aliens
    - Starting tech: Craftmanship
    - Player turns: 20 (subject to discussion, since I got carried away and played up to 3500 BC That's 25 turns, I think)
    - yaddayaddayadda

Victory condition: Guys, I would like to win by events but, in case we are totally lost and just don't figure out how to win the game, I think we could win by spaceship. So that we can all see a pretty ending.

For this game, I think the only relevan things are:
    3980- Found Guardian in ship wreckage
    3940- Found our first city (don't remember the name )
    38??- Found Automative something, which was what I was researching

Well, what do you want? I got a Blue Screen of Death from our truly (Windows)! This is the second time I'm typing this!
    I'm sorry that I'm forgetting details, but I think that at this stage I don't think it's all that bad.
    Don't forget to put it in the Sci-Fi folder!

Oh, don't forget: It's ok to kill humans! We don't need their tech!
    But let the aliens live and be prosperous! We need their unique techs for a big piece of the game! I'm not saying that you should be woosies, but just don't attack their long established and prosperous cities. Let them research! And whatch out with spies!

Oh, just one more thing. I have the patch (v. 1.1) and I don't know if we can still steal the aliens' unique techs. I know that in version 1.0 we could. Now I don't know anymore. Nevertheless, if we can't steal them, they will have an even bigger roll in our objectives. They can neither perish, nor be crippled. Otherwise we will have a really boring game, because we will have to wait for them to reach some techs in order to get them, and continue our tech tree research.

So, are you up to the challenge?
    Last edited by Zealot; January 14, 2002, 19:40.
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

I haven't been able to post the game save. Let's see if this time I can make it!
    Attached Files
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

I would like to join zealot. Should I play second or is somebody else busy?
      Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel I
        I would like to join zealot. Should I play second or is somebody else busy?
        Go ahead Marcel!
        I don't know why, but seems no one is visiting the ToT section anymore! So you're the first to volunteer.

Comment

Or maybe I should join... After all, I'm the only one who has downloaded the savegame yet... I've never played the sci-fi game yet though...

But Marcel, go right ahead!
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
            Or maybe I should join... After all, I'm the only one who has downloaded the savegame yet... I've never played the sci-fi game yet though...

But Marcel, go right ahead!
            Why don't you go ahed first Mercator? Unless you want to play a little & fast SP Sci-fi game yourself...

Comment

OK then, here it goes. It's kinda fun actually, although most of the action is in uncovering wreckages, as we still only have one city in 2500AP.
              (I hope you weren't playing the same game too, Marcel )

3500AP: A native Ophion has been caught lingering in an abandoned wreckage and is trained to help our cause.
              3400AP: We discover Primitive Machinery and procede our research by focussing on Woodworking. A Repeller joins our cause and we gain knowledge about the Code of Trust.
              3150AP: We acquire Trade Guilds (wreckages have been fruitful so far).
              3100AP: Colonists join us.
              2900AP: Another Repeller joins us at the Northern edges of our now known world. Most interesting to know is that it's not supported by Star City, so enemies must be around.
              2800AP: Aha! Indeed, the Jahree capital has been located.
              2750AP: We gain knowledge about Lab Instruments.
              2700AP: Another Repeller joins our cause. The empire doesn't exactly expand very fast though, a Colonist is still in production. But as far as I can tell, none of the other civs have any other cities either, so I guess it's normal.
              2500AP: Our Repeller near Jahree has just repelled an Ixion of unidentified nationality.

To be continued...
              Attached Files
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I'm starting to worry about Marcel, since he isn't giving any news lately!

Anyway, since we are here to play, I'll play next!
                I hope nobody minds...

Here is the news bulletin:

2450AP: Made contact with the Funesti. Made peace, and demanded a tribute for my patience. So they gave us Aerology!
                Colonist made; I'm going to build the workshop, since it gives a nice boost in the city production.
                2300AP: Oh my God, I just found a new city south of Funestia, in a wreckage! It's called Outpost one.
                2250AP: I found Second Outpost with our colonist east of Star City, in the river. I'm going to use one of the reppelers supported by Star City in order to allow SO to build a workshop ASAP, to build new colonists faster. I hope I'm proceeding right...
                Gosh, I found the Market Economy tech, in a wreckage near Cittrah with our ophion! This is being a nice turn!
                2150AP: What a great turn! Just found in two wreckages these two techs: Flood Prediction (wich later will allow us to build Repellers) and Electronic Brains (wich later will allow us to have Confederation, i.e., The Republic government)
                2050AP: Another interesting turn. I found in a wreckage Woodworking, the tech we were currently researching, and an ophion, without support, very near Funestia! I'm really tempted to attack them with the ophion, but I'm going to leave that decision to the following person. Although I do suggest an immediate attack!
                2000AP: I selected the tech to be researched E-M Repulsion, to get those nice Repellers. I could choose Monarchy, but just in case a war starts, the following player can have a tech lead in military tech, since the beaker is already yellow.

Alright, who's next? Who volunteers? Mercator, if no one volunteers, you're free to go on!

Comment

Like my new sig, Mercator?

Comment

I would like to play in this as well, no experienc in sci fi games but would be fun to play anyway. I will check back tonight about 8-9 hours from now to see what you think.
                    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Holy ***t! I completely forgot to post the save game!
                      And I'm now at work, and I will only be available in about 12 hours!

Hydey, you're free to play next, but you will have to wait for me to post the last saved game. But why don't you play another sci-fi game in order to gain experience?

Don't forget, we're humans, and we only kick humans' butts. Leave the aliens alone, because we will need their tech, and that tech still takes them a long time to reach, because it's quite advanced in their research tree.

Comment

Ok I will have a play on similar settings for practice and play when you post the save. I will post when I download so you know I have it.
                        thanks
                        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
                          Like my new sig, Mercator?
                          I´m flattered.
                          Now I can die peacefully, my life´s purpose has been fulfilled.

Comment

OK I'll play third.
                            I hadn't time to read the bulletins the last 2 days. That's why u didn't hear from me .
                            Anyway I think I'll have something for u by tomorrow
                            Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

4th I mean Just waiting for the save zealot
                              Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

Working...
                              X