No announcement yet.

ToT Sci-Fi succession game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, both Sharp and Ecowiz are in. But that closes the "slots" available. No new players will join us unless someone drops-out.

I checked Mercator's profile, and he hasn't posted anything since 23rd. So I propose, just as an exception, that Sharp continues to play in place of Mercator. I believe that we could let them play because Mercator has already played, and Sharp and Ecowiz haven't yet.

So, Sharp [and Eco], welcome aboard! You may take the kingdom! Please play no more than 20 turns!
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

I'm still alive! I didn't visit Apolyton a while and when I wanted to Apolyton was down...

Since the last attachment hasn't been downloaded yet, I'll play right now. Sharpe and EcoWiz can join in after me...

For the record, I guess that would make the playing order look like this:

Zealot
      Hydey
      Marcel I
      Mercator
      Sharpe
      Ecowiz Returns
      Last edited by Mercator; January 28, 2002, 09:34.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Looks fine by me!
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

I agree sire
          Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

750: The poorly defended Meteor City is being attacked by a Jahree Ixion, but survives the attack. Planetville is founded.

(I may have forgotten some things here... My computer crashed, and while I had just saved my game, I hadn't saved my log yet)

650: Expedient Hierarchy discovered, the people revolt and want a Hierarchy, in the meantime a period of Pandemonium ensues. Free Expression is now being researched.

625: The new Hierarchy forms. More attention is paid to science. An Arabber leaves for Iihi.
            600: An Guardian from the Clerisy meets us. We acquire Merchant Marine in the conversation that follows. A peace treaty is signed.

500: "M" signs off from duty. Another uninteresting reigning period ends.
            Attached Files
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Sharp, you're next.

Comment

Can we all post when we download the save game for our turns so that we know that the game is still moving.
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                  Can we all post when we download the save game for our turns so that we know that the game is still moving.
                  You can usually tell from the amount of downloads a savegame has... Although not in the last case, because I downloaded it myself once to test. I had experienced some problems with another attachment so I wanted to make sure this one worked.

But anyway, good point.

Comment

I downloaded the 500 ap game tonight (glad to see apolyton is back up).

How many turns are we playing? I will play 20 this time I guess.

Comment

Very active - some good some bad events in the reign of Sharpe

500 ap - Salvage of 50 Bp, founded Moonburg
                      450 ap - Bribed Barbarian Repeller for 41 Bp, and it destroyed its accompanying diplomat for 100 Bp
                      425 ap - Built colonist in Second Outpost
                      400 ap - Another 50 Bp in salvage
                      350 ap - Orion Station builds colonist, Stellar Village is founded
                      325 ap - 400000 people now
                      300 ap - Starcity builds colonist , survive attack from Jahree coercor at Meteor city, get Nomad settler in north
                      275 ap - Planetville builds colonist - Free expression tech developed
                      250 ap - Get 20 Bp from traders in Iihi
                      225 ap - Comettown builds colonist
                      200 ap - Stellar Village destroyed by Barbarian ophion
                      175 ap - Build Guild Library in Valerian, Outpost One builds colonist
                      150 ap - Ophion Barbarians appear (no pun intended) north of Second Outpost
                      100 ap - Meet Engineers (pink) in south - Made peace after receiving 350 Bp in tribute
                      75 ap - Moonburg builds colonist , Destroyed Jahree Ixion at Meteor city, lost colonist to Barb Ophion at Orion Station
                      25 ap - Survived Ophion attacks at Orion Station and Second Outpost , survived attack by Ixion at Meteor city , Repeller destroyed by Ophion attack near Second Outpost

Discovered Gene Tailoring - went for Flying Machines next , Population reached 500000

Beginning of 1 ap - Sharpe abdicates

(Watch out - there are still a lot of Ophions between Second Outpost and Orion Station)
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'm really having trouble in arranging time to play, this week. It is best that I skip this turn.

Comment

Ok, then I'll download it later, if I have time. But tomorrow night I'm sure I've played my turn.

Comment

Not much to say until:
                            80 PE: Founded Rocket Center SE Outpost One.
                            140 PE: Star City (capital) begins to build the Wizard Scouts Wonder (+1 data/sqr) for 29 turns
                            150 PE: Refused alliance with the Funesti against the Clerisy for 50 Bp. Why aren't the Funesti destroyed by us already?
                            Hydey?
                            180 PE: I just got the news that the Clerisy have almost finished contructing Wizard Scouts!!! What the Heck is going on here?!?! Why weren't we notified???
                            Argh! Mercator! Sharp! Whose fault is it?!?
                            200 PE: Switched to Fleck's Genesis... Starcraft is right around the Corner, and it's an important tech, wich shouldn't be delayed.
                            Arabber from Meteor City to Cittrah for 20 Bp...

These were my first 10 turns. I'll play 10 more tomorrow.
                            I accept advices!

Comment

Wizard's Scouts (Colossus) will expire soon enough at Xenobiology - not too far ahead, so it isn't that big of a deal if we don't get it. Besides Fleck's Genesis (Darwin's Voyage) will be useful.

I think we desperately need to connect our cities with roads, fill in the areas of our "territory" with cities - which I consider to be at least from the Funesti in the west to the east coast and as far south as we can go - don't think we should go much further north - that should also get rid of those nasty barbarian ophion outbreaks which plagued my last 10 turns.

Also build more workshops and guild libraries so that we can pump out colonists for orbit as fast as we can. Also need to build laboratories in our key science cities.

Just my 2 cents of advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpe
                                Wizard's Scouts (Colossus) will expire soon enough at Xenobiology - not too far ahead, so it isn't that big of a deal if we don't get it. Besides Fleck's Genesis (Darwin's Voyage) will be useful.
                                Unfortunatly for us, Xenobiology is that far away, and it would be a really good boost in our research! And Wiz's scouts are cheap, much cheapper than Fleck's Genesis. If I got an alternative wonder I'd rather switch than to build Fleck's Genesis. I prefer a long-term beneficial wonder than just two techs I can probably get by exploring those wreckages scattered around the world.

Thanks for the advice. I've been investing on workshops so far. But I still don't get why is so important to get all our cities connected by road, when we're already a Monarchy and there's plenty of Graminae (grassland) to irrigate in our cities' radius!

Oh, Btw, our tech is almost researched. Is there any specific tech you would like me to head to ASAP, or may I choose myself? I'm pondering about Starcraft...

Comment

Working...
                                X