No announcement yet.

Dirty Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted in this thread, but it seems to have disappeared. Damn!

Now, what did I say?

If I post here tomorrow that I couldn't play the turns tonight (last night tomorrow ), then would debeest be able to play and get the save back here by Friday afternoon GMT? I hope to be able to play this evening, but have to cook my girlfriend a birthday cake for tomorrow, wrap her presents and write her a card. RL... If I can't play tonight, and noone else can play in between, then it'll mean a wait until Monday before you get the save back.

Comment

At the rate these games have been moving, that's no big deal, duke.

Debeest seems rarin' to go, and I recommend he go for it.

Oh, and enjoy the RL Q-time with your GF, duke. It's not Civ, but it too can be fun!

(Edited for proper smilies)
      Last edited by -Jrabbit; January 28, 2004, 12:23.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

-Jrabbit,

I hope you meant instead of

Enjoy duke!!

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

I should be able to fit in some time Wednesday or Thursday night. Maybe not enough to complete my turn before Friday, but I'll try -- and I should be able to finish by Saturday at any rate. I guess I should still play 20 turns even though Zedd didn't play a full 20?

Comment

Yeah, feel free, sneak in a few turns, play a few more -- what the hey play the whole 20!

What's the fastest way to ruin reputation?
            Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

debeest, the only reason I did not play the full 20 turns was I had an emergency come up and didn't finish, and didn't want to delay the game even longer by not posting.

Take your twenty and have fun, just watch out for the
              Wizards sixth rule:
              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by Old n Slow
                What's the fastest way to ruin reputation?
                1. Travel the world.
                2. Meet interesting civs.
                3. Soak them for techs, maps, etc.
                4. Agree to peace treaty.
                5. Attack.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Don't forget...

2a Deliver a camel

Monk (thinking about the money)

Comment

Do you have to officially "meet" a civ before attacking will lower your rep?

I had wanted to attack the mongol boat with my sleek new Trireme to to accomplish our first dirty deed, however I think I found a thread that said killing boats before meeting a civ has no effect.
                    Wizards sixth rule:
                    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Well, it wouldn't help our reputation, so what's the harm?

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                        Well, it wouldn't help our reputation, so what's the harm?
                        Losing a trireme, I suppose

(if our trireme is new without LH, it is non vet and has more than 50% chance to lose when attacking)
                        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette

Losing a trireme, I suppose

(if our trireme is new without LH, it is non vet and has more than 50% chance to lose when attacking)
                          Long ago, having examined all the ways to trash the reputation, La Fayette wisely settled on dips and spies. In this light, it becomes very reasonable.

Monk

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
                            debeest, the only reason I did not play the full 20 turns was I had an emergency come up and didn't finish, and didn't want to delay the game even longer by not posting.
                            Completely understood. Hope you didn't think I was criticizing.

Comment

Quite right, if you don't have a treaty, attacking won't harm your reputation. Attacking with a trireme will, as Lafayette noted, probably sink your trireme. 71% of the time, I'm told.

Comment

Apologies if debeest is already playing the turns, but here's what I came up with. We're down to questionable, but more work is needed here. I only founded one city, as that's all I thought I could get away with before happiness problems.

225 BC (0) - A boat has left WhalePoo, but without a crew! How am I supposed to give us a despicable reputation with just a trireme? There is no money in the coffers, and our trade routes are woeful. Press return.

200 BC (1) - Boat returns to Whalepoo to be crewed. Dip and hoss continue exploration, and the settlers dig in on the road-building programme.

175 BC (2) - Chariot wipes out the last barb archer, and is promoted to vet. After much juggling with support of units, I manage to put Dung City's horseman onto Whalepoo's boat, and send them off to explore.

150 BC (3) - Nobath camel delivered wool (d) to Deceit (both working wine squares) for 12g. Diaper Disaster founded on the 4 special spot, sharing the wheat with Lost Soap. Road building continues apace.

125 BC (4) - Diplomat finds legion (Scum City support) in hut to the south east.

100 BC (5) - Trireme finds irrigation on the north pole. That'll be the AI! Kashgar discovered. Genghis swaps us for Warrior Code, HBR and Polytheism, and can expect to receive a visit from some elephants before too long. We sign peace, but they declare war when asked for tribute. I forget that this doesn't affect your rep, and should have just attacked the city while at peace. I tried for an alliance, but nothing doing.

75 BC (6) - Aztecs begin Marco's. I give Genghis trade and he signs peace. I then whack his elephant with my horseman and watch our reputation plummet to honourable. Horse gets vet status though.

50 BC (7) - Chinese begin Great Wall. Horseman gets out of the way of the Mongols, and Bokhara discovered.

25 BC (8) - Mongol trireme turns up outside Slimeball, just in time to meet a newly-produced trireme of ours. They lose, we get a vet trireme heavily in the red. Time for a little rest, methinks. Exploration continues elsewhere. Nishapur discovered.

1 AD (9) - Mongols still refuse to patch things up. But I want to make them worse! We're the most advanced civ around. Mongolia is the worst. I'm sending a dip over next turn to see what havoc I can wreak. Maybe I should look for another civ to terrorise?

40 AD (11) - Literacy discovered. I go for Philosophy next - no-one else seems to have it yet, maybe we can get the free tech.

60 AD (12) _ I give Genghis Literacy, and get a cease-fire. It doesn't last long, our hoss killing a legion in Nishapur, and reducing us to Questionable. My girlfriend intervenes, and that's game over for one night.

Before we get any comments about it, my girlfriend intervened - she didn't "intervene" ! Just wanted to clear that up before everything went downhill fast. Not that I'm suggesting anything about your good selves. Just that we might have lurkers with dirty minds. That means you Dr Spike!

Anyway - we're at war with the Mongols but need to find another bunch of suckers to get our reputation even worse. If (highly unlikely) we can get peace with the Mongols agian, and then bribe another civ to declare war on them, then that ought to make our rep even more dirty than it is now, but we need more civs. This game would be so much easier with Marco's, but there we go.
                                Good luck to debeest for the next turns, and apologies if you'd already started playing. I got very lucky with my trireme as you can see.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by duke o' york; January 30, 2004, 05:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X