No announcement yet.

Dirty Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's about right. Not to worry, we're in a bit of a lull period at present, and SG[1] is out until Lenten vows can be broken.

Take your time.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Festivities carried over late into the night so Civ had to take a back seat, Will play tonight and post tommorrow. (hope i get it right or LaFayett will come after me with a PIKE! )
      Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Dirt Log, 1800-1816

-A look thru all of our cities reveals a vast Fundamentalist society with ….Libraries in size 2&3 cities?? Book sale takes place in cities across the nation

-Chinese destroy 2 cannons with Tsingtao crux.

-Chinese crux defects for 154G and takes position outside Nanking
        -Dip on a ship finds Tlateloco and convinces the people there to revolt, for the slightly over priced mark of 2844G, we get conscription, 128G and the Aztechs revolt when we sell the stinky aqueduct and set the people to all tax collectors waiting for the city to drop to size 8.
        -Panormus asks for 280G to revolt and we agree, getting 63G in return and an archer.
        Villages at 130,14 114,4 & 136,16 give 200G,100G, and None rifle respectively

-Chinese destroy a diplomat.
        -Caralis becomes the newest addition to our empire for 1224G netting 187G, Theology, 2 archers, 1 legion and a size 8 city with the barracks, granary, & market, (aqueduct sold for an additional 80G)
        -Trireme destroyed by the Aztecs

-Texcoco revolts for 1134G we get +65 and a rifle w/ temple & granary. (Aqueduct sold for 80G) City changes to all taxmen to starve down to size 8.
        -Aztec switch to a republic.

-Babylonians request 1000G and we refuse. (But not politely, Babylonian crux destroyed)
        -Cease fire with Aztecs
        -Iron clad attacks Aztec rifleman.

-Salzburg founded
        -Tours revolts for 576G and we net 52G, 1 archer, 2 legion, 1 cannon, 1 crux, 1 settler, and sell aqueduct for 80G
        -Nanking captured, 4 brave crux lost. Build queue to engineers and change all to tax men.
        Book sale nets 80G and Leonardo goes to work and our military benefits mightily.
        - The city of Grit is built
        - Tlaxcala bribed for 1152G and Aztecs offer peace for magnetism, I agree.
        -Carth knight kills our wounded crux
        -Barbarians and near lost soap
        Bananza attacked by barbarian musketeer, newly upgraded rifleman becomes vet.

-Corporation discovered, Leo goes to work, and we research communism.
        -Population reaches 11 Million
        -Freight deliveries to Shanghi:
        Oil 192 g
        Muddville silk 636g
        Smarmy salt 148g
        Slow stinker silk 28g
        No shower gold 156g
        Lost soap spice 164g
        Slimeball silk 152g

-Teotihucans revolt for 2100g, net 98g, 4 rifle, and sell sewer system.
        -French ask for Railroad in exchange for peace, I agree
        -Crux attacks the French knight who brought the peace treaty
        Reputation still at atrocious
        -Malanca revolts for 620g we net 125g+2legion
        -Carths ask for peace, agreed
        -Crux destroys Carth emissary, still Atrocious
        Smarkan oil > shanghi = 102g

-Kill Barbarians outside lost soap
        -Ironclad sinks Babylonian Ironclad
        -Cities of Fish Pot, Sinew, Half Truth, and Urine are founded.

-Magot bread founded
        -Peace with Aztecs
        -Tenochtitlan captured, +57g Oracle Lighthouse, and KRC Aqueduct sold and Aztecs renew peace. Rep still Atrocious

I stopped here because I felt like I was doing something wrong, RCC is expected

Tsingtao and Shanghi could be taken at any time, but I suggest waiting for the China express railway to be finished.
        There is a Dip on a ship for bribing Marseilles or Lyons(Lyons has Sun Tzu)
        Communism next turn and there are vans parked outside Shanghi for delivery.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Zedd; April 15, 2004, 14:10.
        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Looks like a very successful set of turns. Many WOWs taken, so, for that. What I don't understand is how Nanking will disappear with so many food workers. I know you said you just stopped, so maybe this was an oversight. Similarly, the AI cannons left threatening the former Aztec cities.

What exactly does "make the former AI Wonder cities disappear ASAP" mean??

Monk
          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• double post
            Last edited by Zedd; April 15, 2004, 14:07.
            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloody Monk
              What I don't understand is how Nanking will disappear with so many food workers. I know you said you just stopped, so maybe this was an oversight. Similarly, the AI cannons left threatening the former Aztec cities.

What exactly does "make the former AI Wonder cities disappear ASAP" mean??

Monk
              Nanking was set to tax men and before the last save I was tinkering with city's and clicked on the city causing the Auto worker function. Then I forgot to change it once I finnished with the cities.

The AI cannon wasn't discovered untill after Tenochtitlan was taken and I didn't have any more crux to deal with it. There are some riflemen that can take a few shots at them.

IMHO ASAP would be starve the cities and build engineers, I had the cities starving but admittedly didn't rush any engineers as I thought buing up AI cities was dirtier. Problem is my instinct is to make the city grow which causes foul ups like Nanking not starving now
              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• I figure that the fastest way to shrink a city is to rush a settler/engineer with all the citizens not producing food. Thus the settler/engineer creation shrinks the city by 1 per turn, and the negative food box activity also helps the disappearing act.

Great work getting the wonders out of enemy hands -- now lets make them go away entirely.
                Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• would a "citizen transfer" be acceptable? for example build a settler then move him to nearmy size 1 or 2 city and have him join it.

Just seems a waste to loose those extra faces (and points)

a size 11 city could quickly become a couple size 5's and a None settler
                  Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• I believe I've seen from other logs that folk have used those "reduction" settlers to found new cities, especially where there was extensive irrigation, etc. No need to waste them.

Monk
                    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Is it possible in SP to 'gift' a city?

If so, one might give an empty city back to the AI then stamp on it again ...

Sounds dirty to me

Stu
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• "City" is not on the offer list to gift the AI.
                        I know of no other way in SP (except leaving an tempting empty town).
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• How many time I have wanted that option

The only way for an AI to get one of your cities is if they attack it, and I have found that a completely undefended city will be overlooked by the AI for the city with 6 vet riflemen every single time
                          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Ah well - so much for my 'moment of inspiration'

Stu
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Havn't been keeping tabs on things, just answering emails that poly sends me, and look what happened.

debeest was next but maybe the duke should step in to get things going again.
                              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Eeps! Am I up? Sorry, I didn't realize. I guess that's another thing we should be sure to include in our game logs -- a play order update.

DoY, please feel free to jump in if you want (I think I got ahead of you in the play order by doing just that). I can't play immediately, but can certainly play this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X