Dirty Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Succession Game

Sometimes the good guys lose -- and since we don’t want to be losers, we’ll be BAD.

This is the Dirty Succession Game.

Rule #1 is to get the worst reputation we can AND STAY THERE.

#2: We will have no Aqueducts or Sewers, ever (if we take cities with these improvements, the public works must sold off ASAP, and the cities shrunk to no more than size 8). We don’t care about pollution -- if you clean it up, we don’t want to hear about it (sissy).

#3: Our first Wonder must be the Eiffel Tower. By creating this, we will be forced to continually perform despicable acts to maintain our reputation. Once we have this wonder we can make more…BUT we must destroy all wonders so that they never get into enemy hands. (So yes, we can build Darwin’s, but plan on building it in a small city, and then disbanding the city ASAP -- same with Apollo & Manhattan. In fact, this might be a good strategy with other wonders as well; but remember, Eiffel must be the first one built.) If we come across a city with a Wonder, we can either take the city and then sell off the improvements and shrink the city to nothing, or simply raze it -- the goal is to end up with one Wonder (the Shining Silver Spire) and the remaining ones either Lost or never built.

#4: Winning condition (you have to ask?) -- building spaceship parts is for losers.

20 turns each for the first round, 10 turns each thereafter.

Playlist:

1) Old n Slow
    2) Six Thousand Year Old Man
    3) JRabbit
    4) LaFayette
    5) SG[1]
    6) Zedd
    7) debeest
    8) Duke of York

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dishonest John of the Russians -- no starting Techs

3750 -- Found Muddville

3500 -- Found Slimeball
    3450 -- Discover Alphabet (opt for Code of laws)

3200 -- Hut = Legion (supported by the Slimes)

3050 -- Game saved.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Old n Slow; February 2, 2004, 13:18.
    Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Oh yeah, FYI -- MGE, giga, if there are any special Poly rules, feel free to abide by them, otherwise, don't ask & we won't tell...

(Yes, I know -- with the small sized population centers, we could call ourselves the Villiage People, but that comes with its own set of jokes.)

Comment

With the Eiffel Tower as only wonder, I MUST be a member of the team (and I hope to be able to build bunches of very dirty vet spies)
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

This should be very entertaining. Thanks, OnS.

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Ready when called...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm in - but I shall wash thoroughly afterwards
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

My new years resolution is to take part in more succession games, this looks like a good place to start

Sign me up slow one, and reserve my spot at the institute.
              Wizards sixth rule:
              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

I'll play, but I only just had a shower this morning. I've nearly run out of deodorant though, so maybe I shouldn't buy a replacement. Not sure how the demands of this game will go down with 'er indoors, but we'll see how things go.

Comment

If STYOM doesn't post today, I'd like to play this evening. I have a business trip Wed-Sun this week and want to see this game get moving.

Whattya think, OnS?
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

If we're not allowed to build aqueducts then I think the city pop-up telling you about growth will get very annoying very quickly.

Comment

Without happy WOWs, we will want to consider granaries to speed growth to size 8, then sell them off.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                        If we're not allowed to build aqueducts then I think the city pop-up telling you about growth will get very annoying very quickly.
                        You can turn that off in the City Options screen...

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                          If STYOM doesn't post today, I'd like to play this evening. I have a business trip Wed-Sun this week and want to see this game get moving.

Whattya think, OnS?
                          If we don't see him by sunset, no one will notice what happens during the dark of night.

Feel free & I'll update the play list tomorrow.

Comment

I've never played a succession game, but this one sounds particularly fun. I think seven people have signed up now, but if anyone drops out, I'd like to reserve a spot.

Comment

Eight ought to be enough though! Sign up anyway.

I know about using the Options menu to turn off the pop-ups but haven't used it in ages. Will it turn off all pop-ups, or just those you want it to? I'd prefer to know when one of my cities has gone into disorder - which is why I leave them on regardless.

Good luck with the filthy turns -Jrabbit. Just don't muck up!

Comment

Working...
                              X