No announcement yet.

Dirty Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately we'll have to build cathedrals in all of these towns to keep 'em happy, but that's the way this game goes. So we're going to need loads of cash!

Caravans?

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I've been out of the office most of this week, Will DL the save and post this weekend.
      Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Sounds great!
        I was a bit worried that you might have already played and were posting the save. I'm up next, and already have the Sailing save, the MGE no CD patch, the Civ 2.42 patch and WinZip (for good measure) to take home this weekend.

Good luck with the dirty business of taking over the world Zedd!

Comment

My apologies everyone, i was very Ill this weekend and did not play my rounds. I am still under the weather but returning to work and Will play tonight and post bright and early in the morning.
          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

As your doctor, I prescribe a heavy dose of Civ.
            Nothing like world domination to make you feel better...
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
              Will play tonight and post bright and early in the morning.
              'tis a little dull here, but sadly no longer early
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

This side of the Pennines is very sunny, but we're expecting snow this afternoon. I can't play tonight if Zedd does post, but hopefully can fit it in tomorrow night.

Comment

Not so bright and not so early but here is the save.
                  RL emergency caused me to interupt my play after 13 turns so it is now 225BC, and we need some growth.

Log to follow
                  Attached Files
                  Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

I've dowloaded the save, and ought to be able to play tomorrow evening. If anyone fancies having a quick peek at the game, then please tell me if the file doesn't load. I won't be playing this evening, but once I go home tomorrow, won't be able to come back to the site if it doesn't work.

Comment

Plus three dirtholes and plus three techs, if I read the save right. Our Zedd was busy!!

The log should be interesting....

Monk
                      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

525bc
                        Zedd looks down from his Keep and takes stock of the dirty situation. We have a reasonable number of cities, small amount of cash, and mainly just warriors to defend ourselves. At least we only have the occasional wild buffalo to defend against. He decides to grow city sizes as well as add a couple cities to this empire, then spots something green on the horizon and begins to imagine he can walk across water.

500bc
                        French build Colosus
                        Disorder in Dung City and Dust Bunny,

475bc
                        Beads Van to Dirthole 12G
                        We discover Mysticism ,Research options are Horseback Riding, Masonry, Pottery, Warrrior Code. All seem a little useless but harbors could come in handy >>POTTERY

450bc and 425bc move units

400bc
                        Chinese Build Hanging Gardens
                        Scum City founded, I had to decide between getting a coal special or having ocean access, I chose the ocean view.

375bc
                        Disorder in Slime Ball and No Shower, rush temple for Slimeball.

350bc
                        Aztechs build lighthouse No shower remains in disorder

325bc
                        Hut gives Map Making, and Zedd’s eyes turn toward the Sea.
                        Adjusted taxes to 2.2.6 to allow support for new temple in slimeball, $5, $4 support, 9 Turns.

300bc
                        Two Barb Archers land near Lost Soap.
                        Mongol Trireme Sails by Dust bunny
                        Whale Poo and Slime Ball changed to Trireme
                        Chariot from No Bath departs to assist the warrior in Lost Soap
                        The cities of Sleeze Bag and Deceit are founded.

275bc
                        Sleeze Bag and Deceit both go into disorder.
                        Its been a while since I’ve played Diety.

Pottery Discovered, Choices are Warrior Code, Horseback Riding, or literacy
                        I choose Literacy so we can try Philosophy next go ‘round.
                        Muddville and lost soap build Settlers, Whale poo builds trireme.
                        Chariot kills Barb archer outside Lost soap, second archer flees for his life.

Zedd, overly eager to ride in the new Trireme slips on the stairs and looses conciousness. It will be some time before he is able to assume leadership again, at least until medicine is discovered.

I was unsuccessfull in growing our treasury or cities but I did get a few settlers built and a few terrain improvements started. Once those have finnished we have to worry about the disorder. Most cities now have 2 warriors to keep workers in the fields and there is not much room in the treasury for adding temples. I was really gunning for Philosophy to give us a tech jump then maybe we can switch to a more colective state to fund our temples.
                        Last edited by Zedd; January 27, 2004, 12:14.
                        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Boats!! Let the expansion flow forth into all the world.

There may be a better way, but the only cure that I have found to constant disorder problems is checking the attitude screen before the end of every turn. Once I get past 5-6 cities, I can't remember otherwise.

Monk
                          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Thank you Zedd - doesn't sound too bad
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Unusually high incidence of disorder. I guess filth = chaos...

Can it be that the Great Age of Philosophy has not yet occured in some miserable backwater AI civ????

Great to have boats -- opens the doors to dishonorable relations and overseas trade.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Oboy. Dishonorable relations. I can hardly wait. [rubs hands together gleefully]

Comment

Working...
                                X