Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody accused me of spamming before. I am offended.

And related to the rule, I think one should be allowed not to repeat the moves exactly. Even "duplicate to the best of your abilities" is somewhat questionable.

I think it should be duplicated if important and seen by others. Otherwise, play as you wish.

Comment

Well that's the point. My fortified warrior not being moved had no impact. All my other moves I duplicated. If you forget a move and an opponent reminds you, because it has some impact to him, then you must reload and make the move. But as pointed out, everyone is not perfect, and as long as the spirit of the rule is to duplicate, I have no problem with it.

And thanks for your opinion.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Actually it came up during our game, not because I was worried about RAH or others. In the game, I was considering changing one of my moves but wanted to know if it was legal. I figured I knew what the answer would be before I asked it. I just wanted it agreed on by all the players before we proceeded.

Comment

Of course that leaves the more tricky question of, if there was an attack that occured, would you keep reloading until the same resolution occured?
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Seems to me that reloading for specific resolutions for combat would be a major pain in the ass, especially if it was an unlikely outcome.

But I thought y'all stopped and waited without advancing when somebody dropped, lengthy drop this time or did no one notice?
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              Of course that leaves the more tricky question of, if there was an attack that occured, would you keep reloading until the same resolution occured?
              Under the "best of ability" clause, I would say repest the attack as it happened to the best of your ability. If it turns out different, it was still attempted to be the same to the best of your ability. same goes with huts.

Comment

Re: RAH rules VI: No Spamming!

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                2b. Allowed:

...diploguiding...

Why do you allow diploguiding?

Comment

Re: Re: RAH rules VI: No Spamming!

Originally posted by ljcvetko

Because...
                  "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Re: Re: RAH rules VI: No Spamming!

Originally posted by ljcvetko
                    I think it's because most of the original players in the group had no problem with it. It was always considered part of the game... and nobody raised hell when it was originally discussed.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, diploguiding renders forts useless for defensive purpose.
                      And diploguiding negates zone of control.

Isn't this enough to at least start a discussion about it?

Comment

My 2 cents --

What's the big deal? I think the ZOC abilities of dips/spies is in total alignment with their intended use.

The real question should be:
                        Should walls and fortresses make a city impenetrable by diplomats and spies?
                        The answer should be obvious.

With 1x movement, if you can't foresee and forestall violation of your ZOC from a fortress, I can't muster much sympathy.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yes, diploguiding has been around so long that people take it for granted. It makes diplos be even more useful as part of your attack force. Since it adds to strategic thinking, I thinks it's good for the game. Very few people have ever voiced an opinion against it.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I always considered diploguiding as an intentional feature of diplomats and not an unintended exploit.

Comment

Yeah, that's kinda how we saw it too.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Me too
                                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X