Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think diplos are named wrong. They are more like terrorists or intelligence/specials ops in thier actual function. Looking at it that way - they would lead the invasion.

Comment

• Gratutious bump.
      Maybe ming should just top it.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Topped!
        "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Bump for the new people to the forum.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Extraneous bump of general updated-ishness. Added in the ancient modification of redoing moves to the best of one's ability to section 2c and updated the link to the current setting up IP games thread.
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Ming, maybe you should just top it
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Maybe I should remember that I could top it myself.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                    Maybe I should remember that I could top it myself.
                    I was wondering when you were going to remember that...
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I was talking with DD about the hut finder program and I guess I was unaware of the unbalancing effect this has on games. I was not aware you could see specials with this program. It is no wonder you guys are always finding the good spots. I really feel this should be banned in future games. Lets discuss.....
                      Bring Star Trek back to T.V.!!!!

Comment

• The specials pattern isn't too hard to figure anyway, even I used to be able to do it. (Not that I actually care if y'all use the hutfinder or not).
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

Comment

• I am totally against hut-finder. I consider it the steriods of civ mp. But these are RAH's rules afterall. So when in Rome.... I personally dont use it even in RAH games though and I don't know of any other group of players that allow it use. Anyways there's my 2 cents.

Comment

• I laugh whenever this one comes up.

Before hut finder, many of us had graph paper charts that did the same thing... and also know many of the patterns by heart. Hut finder has just speeded up the game (faster than looking at a chart or running through the combinations in your head) ... and helps even the scales for those that don't know the patterns by heart
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I disagree...you may as well reveal the map. This program allows the user a huge advantage because you know preciasely where to look and go. Oh well, I am not wanting to start a war or anything over this. I just cannot stand programs that do pretty much the same thing the cheat mode does.
                              Bring Star Trek back to T.V.!!!!

Comment

• And the classic argument... you might as well reveal the map HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHA

One, hut finder doesn't tell you "which" speciial... two, sometimes the special is a dot, and three, huts need to be on land to be there... and again, most of the old time players KNOW the patterns anyway.

I guess if you haven't studied the game, you might consider it cheat mode...

It speeds up the game, and gives the newbee a chance to have a clue... Frankly, you can outlaw hut finder if you wish, and you will just be at an even bigger disadvantage against those that understand the patterns... So that's why we don't mind if people want to use it.

You can try to throw out arguments like you might as well reveal the map or cheat mode for high emotion value, but the patterns are common knowledge for anybody who knows the game... that's why a program such as hut finder was possible in the first place.

If you have no interest in learning that much depth about the game, hut finder can make things easier for you... but any good opponent already knows the patterns
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X