This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least it was only three.
    I've had lessons cost considerably more.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin

Speaking of stacked combat, i jsut stuffed up big time in latest game of civ2 HOTW4 Diplo. Having not played civ2 for nearly 2 years and solely palying civ3, I damn forgot civ2 doesnt do the same stack rules. I forgot that if one unit dies they all die.

Damn bad way to lose 3 crusaders that were on there way to crush your enemy
      Ah, so thats what you were talking about. That sucks!

And so the Tartars defend Jerusalem from the Egyptians. Tis a shame. Maybe the English will have to take it....
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

Ah, so thats what you were talking about. That sucks!

And so the Tartars defend Jerusalem from the Egyptians. Tis a shame. Maybe the English will have to take it....
        pity theres no RAh rules for please lets restart i jsut stuffed up !!!!

The civ 3 stackign rule is the best part of the modifications to the combat system in civ3 from civ2.

would still like to see a loyal group from civ2 mp start a game iof civ3 mp and see how it goes.
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

We did, and we didn't enjoy it at all. After about 90 minutes, we just quit in disgust.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
            We did, and we didn't enjoy it at all. After about 90 minutes, we just quit in disgust.

hi ,

even with PTW and the latest patch

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

It was PTW, but it's been awhile so I doubt it was the latest patch. But no patch was going to save that dog.

It just seemed like "not another turn" instead of "just one more turn"
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The civ 3 stackign rule is the best part of the modifications to the combat system in civ3 from civ2.

would still like to see a loyal group from civ2 mp start a game iof civ3 mp and see how it goes.
                I agree! Stacking rules!
                Now that Civ 3 Gold is out, we might assemble a crew for civ3 diplo in a couple of months.

Tell me rah, what is the difference between Conquests and Gold? Is Gold supposed to be bug free and enhanced, sort of Civ 2.5? Should I buy it now or wait a couple of months (not to mention the incredibly busy schedule I have at work )?

Comment

I could be up for it Raz. Although I haven't played or even seen Civ3, it does sound like there are some interesting options for a diplogame. I could deffinately see everything else about the game sucking, but diplogaming is its own genre of play, and I bet we could make any game not suck.

Of course as I've never played civ3, I guess I'm not the best person to comment on it.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I would highly highly suggest playing a few SP civ3 games before attempting any type of MP game.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

absolutly , got to get to know the rules beofre jumping in ,especially for ex civ2 mpers, apparently you need different strategies. i still use my civ2 strategy in civ 3 and find it works really well. although havent progressed t odeity level yet, just playing at monarch level

Comment

Yes, rushing to monarchy isn't a very good idea unless you're ready for it. And even then, it's marginal.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I would like to propose an addition to Rah's Rules.

Making it against the rules for any player to decline to accept a cancelation of a treaty. While this may not come up often, as in your games you don't form official alliances much, I consider it an exploit that should be written in.

This came up in HOTW4, I'll explain the situation again. The Serbs and Tartars were allied formally. Using this, Atawa, as Tartar leader, was able to move a settler right through Serb territory (no ZOC of course) and build a city right in the middle of lots of Serb cities. This angered Ljube, the Serb leader, and he wanted to cancel the alliance, to prevent this from happening again, and so he could declare war. But to cancel an alliance, the other player has to accept your request to talk, and Atawa never accepted.

So in theory, Atawa could have retained that alliance by refusing to accept the diplomacy screen and built 10 cities 1 square away from the Serbs cities, or moved his units all through Serb territory to block roads and otherwise hamper movement. The Serbs would be unable to do anything to stop him.

This is a clear exploit.

Comment

Yes you are correct that it is unnecessary in our rules since formal alliances are not allowed.

But if you can get your group to agree to this, I'm sure we can talk CW into adding it as an addendum for DIPLO games.

(and for the record, I agree that you shouldn't be able to refuse a negotiation request from an ally, but my opinion will carry very little weight with your group)
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I thought alliances were just not usually done, I didn't realize they were banned.

Comment

i think it is a stupid part in the programming that allows that situation to occur, if they refuse to meet with you, you should still be able to break nay treaty. another good thing with civ3 is that those type of deals only last 20 turns not all game. so if they do refuse to speak you only have to wait that max turns, but i guess even that may be too long.

The solution of course is no alliances, which is how i usually play may hinder movement in civ2 but as you say at least protects your territory.

Comment

Working...
                                X