Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every game is different. It depends on what tech advantage you have. The games usually are build games till all the land is gone and then the warfare picks up. On small worlds, the land does fill up quick. In that game, I was preparing the attack forces and was forced to start not quite prepared due to the game ending. That one city I attacked at the end would have fallen with one more turn to prepare. I would have then had a great entry point into part of your empire.

Us meeting early and having a few exposed cities to you did alter that part of the world. I was spending a lot more on defense there then I normally would have.

And yes, border cities are usually built on defensive terrain, but if you had taken all the resourses that you used to attack the border cities and had gotten them into my core, you could have gutted me.

The games do go in cycles. All fighting to little fighting. I had areas to expand so it's cheaper to build then to fight. 10 more turns in that game and you wouldn't have considered it a peaceful game.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Shameless bump to get it back on the 10 day list.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Another shameless bump to get it back on the 10 day list.
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Why don't you top it?

After all it is the ultimate civ2 MP resource.

Did you think about the food caravan trick (ah yes, it's not that much useful with double production, but still)?

Comment

Early in the game it has limited value. A settler is cheaper and in a way fills the whole box, not half. The +1 food doesn't really help enough if the intent is to just get it to three, then let celebrating take it from there. But there may be a few rare instances where it would make sense.
            And Later in the game, you're already dead.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by ljcvetko
              Why don't you top it?
              I suggested that before, but it stops +1's. Now that the thread has stayed spam free I'd suggest topping it is a good idea.

Comment

Naw don't top it. This is just one way of playing Civ2-MP. If you top this, you would need to top the DiploFAQ, or maybe some other diplogame threads. And maybe some Eye's rant thread, and the Aussie thread and...
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yeah, but we have a little extra influence around here.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

first time i read this thread title i thought it was just referring to rah's god like status as in Rah Rules, but you actually meant Rah's Rules.

makes a good read to see how you worked out rules that work for you and others and especially all the loopholes experimenting that xin did way back in the good old days.

its also good to see there are so many ways of playing this great game, ( i personally prefer diplo, but that may be because i suck at the game usually) i have yet to find the same sort of crowds avaialble to play such game s with civ 3 and to me that is very sad that a game designed by sid meir actually lost a whole community of followers. The mulit players
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Yeah, war4 and I tried it a few times and came away quite dissapointied.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There are some threads missing. Maybe the forum is not working right.

Comment

It's working fine... but your log on won't be working right for a while
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                                Yeah, war4 and I tried it a few times and came away quite dissapointied.
                                would civ 3 work with a type of modded RAH rules. perhaps that is what is missing..
                                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                                X