No announcement yet.

Teach me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems I have put myself into a situation where I prolly wont be able to play any turns in the game untill the turn of the month. (away from home, and didnt bring my discs. and the only machine with network access doesnt have a working install of warlords on it... and the machine that does have warlords installed on it, refuses to let me log in until I can first plug it into my work network.. so cant even install the cell phone drivers on it, much less play on it :P )

Comment

• That's... uhm... quite unfortunate, given the situation (you have just been attacked by Blake).

Comment

• I'd have no problem waiting until you return, given your rather critical situation in the game.

Comment

• Or... perhaps... Alex, would you know how to run Warlords without the disk...?

Comment

• I am away until the end of August as well, and although I do have a replacement player, I would be just as happy waiting as well.

If we do decide to wait, can someone please let conmcb25 know. Thanks!

(posted from the Air Canada lounge in Montreal, en-route to LA, Bangkok, and Kathmandu)
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Yes, maybe I can upload an unprotected version on a torrent site, or something.

Let's wait then. I'm bringing the game down.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexman
                Yes, maybe I can upload an unprotected version on a torrent site, or something.
                Don't forget to rename the file to something unappealing, though...

I am ok with waiting - although it'll be kind of a torture for me to wait that long.

Comment

• I dont know.. perhaps it is better if you simply turn my civ into an AI civ

To be honest, this game mostly has just reminded me why I dont enjoy playing competitive multiplayer games.. I dont like fighting players... what I enjoy is beating the computer in any way possible...

But doing the thing I enjoy in competitive multiplayer games means other players get hurt if I do the thing I enjoy doing most (because that means hacking the game and do things the computer game dont normally allow you to do )

like hearing that Blake has declared war on me has not even made me ponder what to do about it.. actually fighting the war or not is not something I care about at all.. all it has made me ponder is what hack would be most fun to create to make me immune to the attack... (totally destroying Blake's civ would be too easy ) and I really dont think you want me to pull that off.. so I think it is better if you let the AI play my civ and die the quick way

Comment

• hahaha, programmatically beating the AI... a new kind of Civ game within the game
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• The only annoying bit is that I started warring in the interest of wrapping this game up sooner rather than later

Not that I'm impatient.

Comment

• Any idea of when we resume?

I have a plan to be away Saturday 25th.

Having just joined the game, I'm not quite sure of the relationships that already exist in the game.

Best to all,
                        Nolan/Japan

Sorry for the email, Alex, I just found this thread again. LOL, its a favorite now.

::edit:: exact date of firmed up plans.
                        Last edited by condor223; August 22, 2007, 14:22.

Comment

• (Checking in from Bangkok airport. Next stop Kathmandu.))

I am easy either way - but if it does continue, please let conmcb25 know. Thanks.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• If this game does start back up before beta is back (on the 27th) please let me know.

I am sick and tired of looking for it on Gamespy, since none of you contacted me to let me know it was down per Beta's request

I had to have Snoopdog point out the thread since I couldn't find it.
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Sorry about that con. I was hoping someone would let you know. Thanks for checking in on the game.

I am back and set to go, whenever we start up.

Comment

• Please let me know when we start up again.

Comment

Working...
                                X