Teach me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's odd.

I just played my turn, ended my turn, and the new turn started.

More oddly, it showed half the players as already having played their turn, despite it definitely being a new turn, 23.59 time remaining

I'm pretty sure when I ended my turn that not everyone else had... (but how to be sure with evidence that the asterisks aren't accurate? heh)

Maybe it's a one-off hiccup with the change in versions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake
      That's odd.

I just played my turn, ended my turn, and the new turn started.

More oddly, it showed half the players as already having played their turn, despite it definitely being a new turn, 23.59 time remaining

I'm pretty sure when I ended my turn that not everyone else had... (but how to be sure with evidence that the asterisks aren't accurate? heh)

Maybe it's a one-off hiccup with the change in versions.
      Same thing just happened to me. Solver and Wittlich had no asterisks before their names yet, so I assume they have not played their turns (assumption supported by CivStats)... yet when I ended my turn, it looked like a beginning of a new turn - build popups etc. I was able to set new builds, but not move units. Timer reset to 23:59...

Comment

• I can't move units either.

Also, Gyathaar, the procedure for fixing old PBEMs didn't work, and I ensured I followed it to the letter.

Edit: I just played a direct IP game and it worked fine.
        Last edited by Andydog; July 25, 2007, 02:34.

Comment

• I think the game got converted to sequential turns during the patch update. Sorry, I'll fix it today.

Comment

• OK, the game should be all set now, but we will have to replay the 1540 turn

Comment

• Game is not listed now...
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Sorry about that. My wife no longer lets me come to the office on weekends, so I could not reset the server.

Comment

• I understand Alex.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Alex, is there any chance my "mod" listing is due to me having blue marble? I heard blue marble in BtS caused mod listing (or crashed in MP) ... and i have no idea why i'm showing up this way otherwise
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• No. if you have Blue Marble in your CustomAssets folder, if shouldn't affect Warlords MP. (And yes, it crashes BTS).

Comment

• Is there a quick list to check of things that might be causing this, then? My install is give or take a fresh install, so I don't think it's files in the directory... could be registry entries, but I can't figure out where that would be.

Comment

• It's definitely not the registry. You have extra or different files (XML, pyhon, shaders, CvGameCoreDLL.dll) somewhere, or your executable is a different version.

Comment

• Hmm, okay. I'll hunt around.

Comment

• The Game is currently up but CivStats seems to be disconnected...

Comment

• The Drums of war beat relentlessly.

Comment

Working...
                                X