No announcement yet.

Teach me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, Alex, it seems CivStats has had a problem recently (I've been unable to load the page), losing the connection to our uploader - restart the uploader to fix that, please.

Comment

• My feeling is that peace would be mutually beneficial, else I would not offer it. Invasions are a bad idea in the era of short-range Airpower and slow anti-air. So while teching up to more lethal war machines, why stare daggers across the borders? There would be less tension if at peace.

edit:
      And Alexman should know why he's allowed to keep Birka.

edit2:
      I'm not stating my intention to redeclare war either, while it may happen, I doubt that everyone would let me blissfully tech off into space either...

Comment

• The purpose of Peace, is to prepare for the next War.

So to be accurate.
        The Celts do not grow weary of fighting. They were born to fight and will fight indefatigably.
        They grow weary of tension and hostility.

The peace referred to, is peace of mind for a time, peace of mind for all. No need to wonder if this turn, is the turn when the armies roll forward and the bombs rain from the sky.

If you want even more peace of mind, the Celts will willingly offer unilateral formal war declarations. Where war is declared the turn before the armies roll forward. No sneak attacks.

If you think the Celts are bluffing, then send your armies in. Send them in to die. If you don't think the Celts are bluffing, accept Peace for a time. Peace of mind.

Comment

• A piece of mind. I would prefer a piece of pie. Rhubarb - strawberry if anyone is baking.

(although I now understand those hypenated everyday words are gone ..... )
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Longest. Strategy. Session. Ever.

Thank you.
            There will be much dying.

Comment

• And there's no more tension .

Comment

• Sorry - I was logged into the game while afk for a good part of the day. Hope it did not cause anyone issues.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Re: Longest. Strategy. Session. Ever.

Originally posted by Blake
                  Thank you.
                  Your are welcome.
                  Thanks for taking the bait.

The Egyptian flag is now flying over the city of Tolosa.

It must be great to have bombers and know for sure there's no nasty stack within 1 turn of your territory.

We'll see how many reserves you still have available.

Comment

• Re: Re: Longest. Strategy. Session. Ever.

Originally posted by vondrack
                    Thanks for taking the bait.
                    I couldn't help but be reminded of this.

Comment

• Celtia must be destroyed! Celtia WILL fall!

RAWRRR!!
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Announcement from the Celtia Information Department

Now lets get some things straight.

Celtia is noble and Glorious. They are also the good guys, this is because of the rule that "The Good Guys always Win" and Celtia has so far won every war. You can't argue with that logic.

The bad guys are Vonolan. That is what Vondrack and Nolan have been officially renamed to (disagree? Talk to the spokesman for the Pentagon). Vonolan just sounds so villainous, how could you mistake them for anything but the bad guys?

This is also evidenced by the fact that they tend to do evil things for no good reason. Like killing poor hapless farmers who are just trying to make an honest living. And second to last, was filling a rice patty field with the corpses of their henchmen and pieces of wrecked copters. There's engine oil in the motherf*cking rice! That's just what Vonolan does! And they blew up a Banana Plantation! Those sickos!
                        "No Bananas for Celtia! Hehehehwahahahamwahahahaha!"

However it does seem that Vonolan is getting a little more ambitious with their evil masterplans (you should be like saying Vonolan with like a German accent or something). These masterplans are typically so brilliant, that even a 5 year old could see the gaping flaws in them. But they are still brilliant plans in their own special way!

Comment

• Sounds like the Celtic Information Minister ate a few of those aforementioned bananas too many
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• The Celtic Information Minister speaks only the truth.

"There are no narcotics in Celtic Bananas. Never!"

Comment

• Those who invested in bodybag futures are making a killing.

Can I respectfully request to have the first move of the new turns? I'll try not to actually kill anything other than in the first move (so if I log in later, I might do some slight reallocations, but I wont kill anything).

Makes things easier to keep track of with regards to double moves and stuff.

Comment

• Certainly fine with me - me and Nols have been following this pattern for a number of turns now. We tend to be the last players to play every turn (both for ingame and real-world reasons), logging out right after the new turn rolls over. Either of us may sometimes log back in to check something , but we generally move no warzone units - and certainly do no attacks - until you finish your turn (doing otherwise would effectively result in double-moves anyway).

Makes the game as close to turn-based as possible, I believe (true simul-turn is a nightmare, at least for me).

Is the time of the day ok with you? We're usually playing turns when it's around 4pm my time and 10am Nolan's time, finishing them within 2-3 hours (it's much faster now that we've switched from type chat over to voice...). Means new turns should generally arrive around the same time of the day, ~6pm GMT.

I myself would prefer if we keep it at 24hr turns - the game is already eating up too much of my time anyway. Having no 5yr old around to help me, it's unfortunately up to me to ponder about gaping flaws in my plans, which is rather time consuming...

Comment

Working...
                                X