Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, next time, make it Blake and Alexman vs. 6 Blake's AIs
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Unfortunately, Nolan has had to go to hospital (for an undetermined amount of time), so we are in need of a sub again. I've emailed pretty much everybody I could think of - no luck this time.

Solver, how about trying to log in? You could experience the foot/ass thing first hand! (well, mostly the ass thing - but it's still memorable...)

What works for me (I almost never connect immediately) is to wait for about three full progress bar lengths to go through, then click Go Back and immediately try again - it sometimes takes as many as four or five attempts, but it always works in the end.

If an attempt to connect is going to succeed, it usually succeeds within three progress bar lengths for me (more likely in the first half of the second length)...

Comment

• My problem wasn't with the connection per se - it connected just fine, network-wise. My problem was that it started giving me asset mismatch errors at one point that I never managed to work around. I'll try logging in later today, though probably with no result...

So which one betrayed whom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver So which one betrayed whom?
          Doesn't matter anymore... you are with the yellow guys now.

Comment

• I want to know which one is more evil

Comment

• Still not obvious... (as it will be the defeated party, of course).

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake

It's not so much that Alexman isn't kicking ass - it's that he's doing a lot more damage to his foot than the ass. Ask about Battle for Birka, Round One. It was hilarious.

Oh yah. And I just completed the Pentagon.
                A couple of turns ahead of me, sadly. And here I thought I could make a wonder while you all were fighting...

Yay money at least
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by vondrack
                  Unfortunately, Nolan has had to go to hospital (for an undetermined amount of time), so we are in need of a sub again. I've emailed pretty much everybody I could think of - no luck this time.

Solver, how about trying to log in? You could experience the foot/ass thing first hand! (well, mostly the ass thing - but it's still memorable...)
                  Do we still need a sub for Nolan???
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Solver is going to try to connect once Sir Alex connects the game up again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake

Ask about Battle for Birka, Round One. It was hilarious.
                      OK, I'll ask.

Please tell us about the Battle for Birka, Round One?
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I'm back home again, but not running at full speed just yet.

btw, hospitals tend to kick more ass than 18 Blakes AI civs at war with ya. They will make you sicker before they get you feeling better.

Japan lost a city the first turn war was declared. I never saw Blake's stack untill it was one tile from my city. Then everything was gone before I could get reinforcements to the two south eastern cities..

It worked out ok for me with the game not being up for a few days.

Not giving the AI Japan a choice to build didn't make Japan a very powerful civ.

Anyway, am not running at full cognitative force after a heart attack. Blake please stay home or visit someone else.

Over and Out.. will take my turns now thx.

Comment

• Glad to hear you're improved, Nolan!!! I wish you well! I made a visit to the hospital myself this week for dizziness spells, though it fortunately turned out there wasn't anything wrong with me (as far as they can tell...)

Comment

• Glad to hear you're back home, Gloria!

Comment

• Good to hear from you Nols! Welcome back!

Comment

• Nolan, welcome back from me too.

I'm back too, so the game is back up with 12 hours left for the turn. Let me know if you want me to delay it so you can play your turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X