• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks mzprox!
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
      I was considering the warriors' moves long, finally decided to move apollo 1E and ask for directions for Belle, unfortunatelly though when i wanted to move Apollo it turned out I had belle selected so it moved east (NE) instead..
      Found an other lion, if it comes close I suggest we move into the forest and wait for it so we could get a promotion.
      I think apollo should move on that forested hill then turn back and secure city4's site. Espcially since there is an other bear near our cities..

Don't you mean Belle moved NW.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
        Do any of you have prefered, strategic or required approaches towards any of the teams?
        What teams are expected to be reliable, hostile, aggressive, friendly, trustworthy, etc.
        Which teams are the ones we fear the most? Are there teams why should befriend and betray? What teams could be good friends?
        Seems from what I've read from AARs that RB should be a solid ally we seek soon. How to handle CF is going to be determined heavily by situation, but I think it's going to be a big decision.

No opinion or experience with the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules View Post
          Don't you mean Belle moved NW.
          yes, I mixxed east-west in my post

Comment

• Is everything Ok. It's not like Mz or Cal not to post an update?

Comment

• Fine by me if they skip posting a turn every so often. Let them enjoy their weekend

Comment

• Hell, I've skipped commenting on a few turns so why shouldn't they?

Anyway, I assume no news is good news and if anything important had happened they would have let us know.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• sorry about not giving an update, but this turn was quite uneventfull and since only 3 players were missing their turns at that time i hoped for a fast tun over (there was 40+ hours on the time). We are still missing one so it did not happen..
                  Next turn we can discus our warrior's movement, but it will depend how the barbarians move in this turn.

Comment

• here are the shots from this turn:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0071.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	9093830Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0072.JPG
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	9093832Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0073.JPG
Size:	345.2 KB
ID:	9093834

We are no 1 in score, doesn't mean too much, we picked up cheap techs so far. Everythin else is average. We were the third foundinga second city, by now 5 teams have two cities. (the civ which still has a single pop2 city is doind some thing "strange")

we can decide what to do with warrios: Apollo could move in he foerest to try to kill that lion, we would have great chance but then we could also lose and that's bad.
                    Belle from the east I think should come back closer to cap by exploring south.
                    A 4th warrior is about to get ready in urora, my suggestion there though is to wait with the completition: instead of warrior barrack warrior for example we could switch to barrack-warrior warrior and have both warriors get the +3 xp, and if needd we can finish that warrio in one turn anyway.

as for the worker tuns: till now I followed Cal's suggestion, the first two workers will start on the goldmine next turn.

the third worker will build the road to Aurora. From my test gams the ideal road is through 2W and 2W 1NW from capital. (this allows us to build the most cottages)

City 3 should be whre we planned it (between Aurora and the cap) not that great site but will help us imporving the cottages), later it will be a great city with that fish resource.
                    we still ahve no contact which is kinda strange, but good for us.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• we can decide what to do with warrios: Apollo could move in he foerest to try to kill that lion, we would have great chance but then we could also lose and that's bad.
                      Apollo could also fortify on the forested hill, behind the river. If the lion moves towards us, it's virtually impossible to loose.. and in most cases it won't take many turns to heal..

Belle from the east I think should come back closer to cap by exploring south.
                      I would do E, SE (as suggested by Hercules), and then circle back south

A 4th warrior is about to get ready in urora, my suggestion there though is to wait with the completition: instead of warrior barrack warrior for example we could switch to barrack-warrior warrior and have both warriors get the +3 xp, and if needd we can finish that warrio in one turn anyway0
                      Fine.

the third worker will build the road to Aurora. From my test gams the ideal road is through 2W and 2W 1NW from capital. (this allows us to build the most cottages)
                      Fine.

City 3 should be whre we planned it (between Aurora and the cap) not that great site but will help us imporving the cottages), later it will be a great city with that fish resource. we still ahve no contact which is kinda strange, but good for us.
                      Agreed. If we build a library in city 3, this city can work the fish fast (and developing the mine Cerberus is at, helps to build that library fast).

Comment

• I agree with most of what Cal proposes, except perhaps to move Apollo into forest as Mz suggests. This would also knock back some remaining fog there.

Interesting that Mz mentions about contact with other civs. Looking at the pattern of log ins last turn on Civstats, Civ.de (Inca) and RB (Egypt) seem to have popped in more than usual. Then again RB players drop in frequently anyway so maybe nothing.

Like Mz I am puzzled by the team with the low pop score. Do you just optimise warrior build or what, for a rush.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules View Post

Like Mz I am puzzled by the team with the low pop score. Do you just optimise warrior build or what, for a rush.
                          The minimum food is 10 and it is for some time, that means that the pop2 city has 6 food surplus, yet it is not growing. the only tactic I can think of is building workers/settlers and sacrificing them to barbarians.... anyway I don't understand.

If we move apollo to the forest we would have 97% chance to win, if we wait where we are it would be 99,5%.
                          Last edited by mzprox; September 17, 2012, 17:41.

Comment

• Can't be warrior rush since no one has a high power score. Plus, who rushes with warriors with such distances between caps and such a map setup (agreed that it's looking more like a net with narrow connections)?

Comment

• Apollo fortified on the forested hill hoping that the lion comes closer and that way we have better chance and probably less damage. I can still move it if he majority wants. Belle moved SE, will post picture next turn.

Comment

• Looks good guys. We have a strong start.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X