No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we should try to collect the xp from the wolf, but we should avoid the fight with the lion. Sure we would get a promotion if we win, but tere is a good chance to lose the warrior or making him sit in place for 4-5 turns. I'd move him SW and then sending back him west exploring south a bit.
    Right now thereis only one defender near our cities, I placed him to be able to reach both cities in two steps, still risky if we can't spot an approaching rival warrior in time.

some info from demographic: our production is quite good, gnp average, one civ is still at 6000 pop, that is a single pop2 city. no idea what would they be doing.. we have a pop 4 city and built 2 workers, 2 warriors and a settler so far

Comment

• I too would like to see more defense of our homeland.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• What do we have, 20% culture in those cities plus 25% for a hill? Even if we see them in time, we're flipping one hell of a coin on those combat results. What if it's an archer or even a chariot? We're likely to run into a chariot before long, as not everyone's going to put off grabbing their horse (I assume we all have it fairly nearby) for the third or fourth city, and not everyone's going to put off scouting so long either. Either way we're in trouble, but being fully fortified gives us about a 10% increase in survival (about 73% to 62% loss rate). Having a second warrior AND being fortified gives us a realistic chance of survival and deterrence.

Speaking about demographics, what are the numbers for soldiers? That's going to be the most important, imo, for deciding our course in the near future. A full snapshot would be nice.

Comment

• I want to build two more warriors and garrison them in our cities. If it puts us over the limit so what. We must defend our cities.

I see we have one warrior under construction and I would like to see a second one built after it in the same city. We can then have garrison one in each city and plant our third city next to the horses after which we will build at least one chariot. BTW BW needs to happen too because if we keep ****ing around too long acting like the military doesn't matter then we're going to get ****ed and knocked out of the game. City 4 will be our bronze city unless we get lucky and the bronze is next to the horses or already in our cultural boundaries.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0063.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	9093791

soldier rating comes from many different things: units, technologies, buildings and population. the difference between 16k and 19k could be a barrack, a warrior, or the mining tech, bigger pop or the combination of these, but no one has significantly more defense than us, so there is no reason to cripple our economy in fear.

Comment

• soldier rating comes from many different things: units, technologies, buildings and population. the difference between 16k and 19k could be a barrack, a warrior, or the mining tech, bigger pop or the combination of these, but no one has significantly more defense than us, so there is no reason to cripple our economy in fear.
              Agreed. And we can still make adjustments the moment we meet other civs. No one sends an invasion force in the blind.

Comment

• That sounds all well and good until one chariot destroys our civilization.

Comment

• That looks fine for now then. It seems most of the difference comes just from a difference in population, perhaps an extra warrior.

Comment

• Actually the warrior has pretty good combat odds against the lion:

so Bellerophon could go E, SE as Hercules suggests. Another option is S.

The wolf should be no problem at all..

Comment

• I was online just looking around when turn flipped:

* Apollo has slain the wolf with no health losses at all. He is at 3/5. (Two more won battles and then he can move two through woods)
                      * The lion near Bellerophon has moved out of sight.
                      * Still no religion has been founded.
                      * One more turn until mining.
                      * @MZ: No moves have been made.

Comment

• I was considering the warriors' moves long, finally decided to move apollo 1E and ask for directions for Belle, unfortunatelly though when i wanted to move Apollo it turned out I had belle selected so it moved east (NE) instead..
                        Found an other lion, if it comes close I suggest we move into the forest and wait for it so we could get a promotion.
                        I think apollo should move on that forested hill then turn back and secure city4's site. Espcially since there is an other bear near our cities..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0067.JPG
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	9093803Click image for larger version

Name:	Civ4ScreenShot0066.JPG
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	9093801

Comment

• Question: why is the worker not finishing the road to Aurora, or am I missing something?
                          Building a trade connection will help commercially. Or is the worker going to build a cottage first?
                          What's our order going to be? First farms on the plains, to let the city grow quickly, and then replace these farms with cottages?
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• As secretary of Foreign Affairs I'd also like to start discussing our attitude to our enemies, so that we at least have some basic departure points to approach them once we meet them.

Do any of you have prefered, strategic or required approaches towards any of the teams?
                            What teams are expected to be reliable, hostile, aggressive, friendly, trustworthy, etc.
                            Which teams are the ones we fear the most? Are there teams why should befriend and betray? What teams could be good friends?

Of course everything we say may depend on circumstatial situations, but a bit pre-work may be good.
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Reliable, trade oriented. Going for mutual benefit. Always reasonable.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far".

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                                Question: why is the worker not finishing the road to Aurora, or am I missing something?
                                Building a trade connection will help commercially. Or is the worker going to build a cottage first?
                                What's our order going to be? First farms on the plains, to let the city grow quickly, and then replace these farms with cottages?
                                We want aurora start using the goldmine as soon as possible as it will give much more gold than the trade routes, but we also want Aurora to grow so it ca work other tiles than the mine so we start with the farm, and we want it to be ready the fastest. The third worker already in production will build the road there and once we have pottey all 3 workers will start working on cottages (we will not farm the plains, only the wheat).

build order in my latest testgame:
                                Aurora: warrior-barrack warrior library-settler(oasis city5)
                                capital: worker-settler(cottage city3)-warrior-settler(horse city4)-library

The capital should grow to pop5 between the two settlers, that will only delay it by two tuns, yet we get more science
                                I suggest that the raod connecting our cities should be at 3E and 3E/1NE from our cap. this way it takes on turn longer to finish (-2 gold), but it saves us worker turns when we start cottaging and move our workers back and forth.

Comment

Working...
                                X