No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bring back civ 2 where it was all turn based.. couldnt move till it your turn but could do al lyour city stuff while others moving..

Comment

• Guys - may need to pause this turn. I've been blocked the last 40 minutes from getting in by the Inca (not getting at you - its just true) and I have to go now. I will try to get in tomorrow morning just before the turn elapses about 9 hours from now, but may well not be able to.
      Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• sleeping for 9 hours
        I'll keep an eye on the game tomorrow and pause if needed. there's still much time on the counter.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• For the record: I object to city gifting to gain game mechanical advantages that have no story line behind it at all during war times.
          It's not for no reason that the rules make it extremely difficult to pull this of. I doubt that Inca/Rome knew this when they agreed to it.

I love it to make war against India but not at all costs.
          Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
            For the record: I object to city gifting to gain game mechanical advantages that have no story line behind it at all during war times.
            It's not for no reason that the rules make it extremely difficult to pull this of. I doubt that Inca/Rome knew this when they agreed to it.

I love it to make war against India but not at all costs.
            There are very solid behind the scenes stories (PM's) to back this up.

RULE: You can gift cities but you have to hang on to them for 50 turns = correct?

If Peru didn't help there would be no game and no reason to bother with having fun. As it is the odds are way in favour of the Indian bloc = India, Natives, Mali (make no mistake about this).

Plus the Civ game mechanics in a game like this favour the defender. Its just the sneaky surprise attacks that work well.

India (hugely tech advanced) is defending a continent with 3 of the top 6 civs against 4 from the Top 7.
            Last edited by Greece (DoC); March 26, 2010, 05:51.

Comment

• I have no problem with that (actually happy to see that more civs are involved somehow in the background )

Comment

• If India is fine, then so am I.

I understand the reasons, Greece, it just doesn't feel good to me. (Roman city more then Incan city)

Anyway, like I said, if India is ok, then so am I.
                For next game I'll propose additional rules though.
                (I doubt that right now Rome and Inca are aware that they can't get the city back for 50 turns)
                <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Greece (DoC) View Post
                  India (hugely tech advanced) is defending a continent with 3 of the top 6 civs against 4 from the Top 7.
                  We can talk about this and the "thruth behind everything" after the game (and i'd like to), now it would just led to an ic/ooc mix propaganda

Comment

• Originally posted by India (DoC) View Post
                    We can talk about this and the "thruth behind everything" after the game (and i'd like to), now it would just led to an ic/ooc mix propaganda
                    agreed

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
                      If India is fine, then so am I.

I understand the reasons, Greece, it just doesn't feel good to me. (Roman city more then Incan city)

Anyway, like I said, if India is ok, then so am I.
                      For next game I'll propose additional rules though.
                      (I doubt that right now Rome and Inca are aware that they can't get the city back for 50 turns)
                      We maybe should have pointed that out, I can't remember if we did.

Don't forget Persia was a factor in all of this...

Comment

• No, I earlier rejected the idea of getting the Roman oil city myself. (in PM).
                        But yes, I knew all about the Incan city. Maybe I did not object to it in my pm's indeed.

I'm also a bit selfish, it definitely served my goal. I'm sorry for that.
                        This is not to blame anybody.

Comment

• Yea, this war seems to be drifting well beyond an explainable, in character war.

Or, it seems Raz has forgotten about DIPLO.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Is this still about Italy giving up a city? Jumping to conclusions, guys... There was a bunch of PM's - completely in character I might add - leading up to this discussion. This is a deal brokered between Italy, Greece, England and Korea, which took considerable discussion and weighing of alternatives and Italy is obviously compensated to satisfaction for the completely legal sacrifice of it's city. Diplo is not and cannot ever be the same as all-out-in-the-open

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                            Yea, this war seems to be drifting well beyond an explainable, in character war.

Or, it seems Raz has forgotten about DIPLO.
                            Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

• Well said Italy

Comment

• It's about the bigger picture, not about well explainable details.

Comment

Working...
                                X