No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great poetry Korea, and awesome writing Russia Korea, I noticed you briefly included a link to a midi file, what was the name of the original song?

@Orb No need to say sorry, just wanted you to know it popped up, wasn't sure if you were aware of it, thought perhaps something needed fixing, never actually considered you were cheating, that was just a joke

Comment

Last edited by BranksDilly; March 21, 2010, 19:18. Reason: ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Egypt (DoC) View Post
        great poetry Korea, and awesome writing Russia Korea, I noticed you briefly included a link to a midi file, what was the name of the original song?

@Orb No need to say sorry, just wanted you to know it popped up, wasn't sure if you were aware of it, thought perhaps something needed fixing, never actually considered you were cheating, that was just a joke
        Sink the Bismark

I tryed putting links in but not my forte any tips ?

There is a youtube video of the song i wanted to put in too. pity ozzy cant make a new vdieo for me with the new words he is so clever with that sort of stuff

Comment

• damn this game moving so slowly now....

i need posts to react to and accusations to accuse people with....

Comment

• Guys, in 8 days we have a new round of rating/voting.
            WarningU2 has managed to get the voting forms online again at another place! Thanks WarningU2, great job!

The new location is:

usernames/passwords remained the same.

Please all test if you can login and submit a test rating before the end of the month.
            That way we can ensure that it works as intended when we have to rate/vote for real!
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Worked for me

Comment

• Hey guys, just did some stuff about which I hope that it'll keep a lot of you awake coming night! Love you all nonetheless Not sure if you love me still though
                Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Persia - Byzantium is always pleased to see a convert. But I would like to see you convince anyone to trust you ever again.
                  Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• Guys.. now really.. what do you want to accomplish with this war? I haven't say anything when 4 of you (or more) were working on stopping me.. I actually worked hard to be on this way, but why is it necessary in case you win to completely ruin me by the way.. razing mature cities is a no-no even for my evil civ.. especially against the "smaller" party.. bad attitude in my book, but do it as you wish, I will remember.
                    Last edited by India (DoC); March 23, 2010, 20:22.

Comment

• Didn't work for me
                      I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

• @India

Russia razed my 2nd largest city and no one made a peep about it...

Comment

• Originally posted by India (DoC) View Post
                          Guys.. now really.. what do you want to accomplish with this war? I haven't say anything when 4 of you (or more) were working on stopping me.. I actually worked hard to be on this way, but why is it necessary in case you win to completely ruin me by the way.. razing mature cities is a no-no even for my evil civ.. especially against the "smaller" party.. bad attitude in my book, but do it as you wish, I will remember.
                          Greece's policy on this war is to not kill fishing boats or improvements; and to only target India's cultural win

Korea, with similar views, only attacked an Indian naval stack - soldiers against soldiers. But India responded by bombing Korea's wine groves and mines. So I believe Korea is now sabotaging Indian improvements in response...

But seriously, we've all made calls like England's. I know you, who I think I know who you are, has done it!

I think razing cities is bad news but sometimes it is strategically imperative as a battle tactic. England had good reason I believe in this case.

Do not think that razing is the norm here.

Just remember, India, you get great accolades for creating the most exciting diplo game ever from my perspective. Culturally win or lose it doesn't matter really... just hang in there and keep doing what you love - brilliant mathematical strategy!

Comment

• Well people dropping out of the allaicne is the biggest OOC problem , for me i still want to know why this war occured.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greece (DoC) View Post
                              I think razing cities is bad news but sometimes it is strategically imperative as a battle tactic. England had good reason I believe in this case.
                              Razing that city just shows me that there is no alternative now: either I win or I will be destroyed.. I would had surrendered if you managed to take out one of my key cities-destroying my other cities will make no diffrence in my chances.
                              Strategically imperative.. sure, weakening the other is always that.. why do you think India hasnt razed Adrianople, the big Byzantine city when we captured it? Anyway this is just an ooc opinion..actually this will increase my chances of winning as now I will do everything to just finish, and abandon those things which are not on that path.

Comment

• Im only a watcher and reader of all this but didnt the Indian forces raze a Byzantine city ?

Surely for much the same strategical reasons as the english just now ?

I read above you say you didnt raze the Byzantine city so maybe im mistaken I just seemto remember you had razed one.
                                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Working...
                                X