• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the half-naked chicks help
    Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• Half-naked chicks always help

Comment

• For the good of the game and because i like our host too much please load it up.

Britain is ready to accept its new destiny. I only ask that we reduce back the timer to 11hrs. I will sign a ceasefire with the noble Byzantines.

Comment

• That is AWESOME news!! (the part that you like the host too much! )

Also very cool that you want to continue the game!! Thanks a lot!

Game's up.
          Byzantium still has to finish his turn first!
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Oh well what can you do, one day you are on top next you fall, a True Empire Tale

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
              As by the rules: this is being handled with PM's and not in public.
              I'm going to remove all these comments (won't delete them but store them elsewhere) while we try to find a solution behind the scenes.

It's also against the rules to argue when I'm sick and sleeping so that I can't intervene you're all guilty for that
              Can those of us in the dark be enlightened? I have no idea what's going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by England
                For the good of the game and because i like our host too much please load it up.

Britain is ready to accept its new destiny. I only ask that we reduce back the timer to 11hrs. I will sign a ceasefire with the noble Byzantines.

Thank you for, on reflection, accepting this change of fortune. Not easy I know.

And I have logged in now and checked and notihng was lost by the server crash so I have ended turn. (If people notice a jump in score that was because in the meantime i had been offered a ren. tech trade).

Comment

• Sorry but this has gone over the top now a new Greek player comes in and takes over Greece my former ally and they attack and take my cities as well.

I was told by the former Greek player that he was told not to continue playing Greece and move on to Korea (just 1-2 turns ago Robert personally said that Greek player can play the both civs till the end), was this a planned think to free the Greeks so they can be taken by someone just to attack me, i do not know.

I did compromise on the Byzantium and wanted to continue, which was a huge sacrifice on my part, but this act by Ozzy has gone over the top.

Have a good game Guys!!! Sorry Robert but i will not have a gangbang on England just for the fun of it... Greece attack us, England who saved them from the Arabs what story reasons for war??...

Comment

• The reasoning by asking Korea/Greece to be splitted (b/c the alliance between Korea and England) was to keep Greece an independant nation.

I kinda agree that a sub for only 10-15 turns should not, without a story, go rampant on the English just only because it's possible.
                    I suggest that we go back to the autosave I used last night to recover and then we ask Greece to restrain itself.

Anybody has a problem with that?

Comment

• Game has been paused (down) as well

Comment

• I would be fine with that - I was rather surprised by the Greek action too - see my story post trying to ensure that the Greeks didn't come in on England's side. But I think that the whole 2 players playing 3 nations thing hasn't been good for a long time, and I'm not sure I would criticise Greece for taking an opportunity (4th and 14th ranked nations attacking 1st who has an alliance with 7th is hardly over the top) . Nevertheless questions about what is good/appropriate for Greece is really not for me. Robert you asked if Byzantium would be happy with going to that save, and I am content to if that helps.

(I would want to alter the treaty proposal with England back to the original that England agreed since I only dropped Hastings because England was losing cities to the Greeks as well).
                        Last edited by Byzantium (DoC); March 30, 2010, 14:44.

Comment

• Iran prefers a small England AND a small Byzantium, hence we support a bigger Greece!!!!

But for ooc reasons I'll not voice any objections to the question if anybody object to a pre-Greece invasion of England

I'll obviously support England in them keeping just enough cities to stay ahead of Byzantium and just below Iran, but that's just because I'm pretty selfish! (the Hastogianistic spirit is deep in the vains of the Iranians, if they deny it or not )
                          Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Yeah, that is a bit full on, I agree with England, and I don't mind going back to the save. And also guys and especially England, let's not get too worked up about everything that is happening. I mean, it's just a few bad calls, there's nothing wrong with telling each other that it's bad here OOC, and then the 'community' will step in and sort it out, which worked very well and decent so far. I wouldn't take it personal, it's a game, just go "hey yo, isn't that a crap thing to do?" and we'll all go "yo man, that's a crap thing to do, let's undo it" and everything's sorted, without having to resort to threats of quitting and whatnot, right? Or have I gone soft because I've played Egypt for too long

Comment

• Egypt thanks for the light view on things. I am not threatening to quit the game, i did actually quit earlier today, but Robert came in and asked me to comeback to finish it, because it will be good for the game. I did suck it up and asked the game to play on. But come one you need to be made out of iron to not get pissed at this 2nd from nowhere uppercut.

So no threats Egypt, just actual facts. It is hard not to take it personal when you spend like 300 or something days playing this game. And just at the end yes end 10 turns or something you get back stabbed, which you eventually refresh and decide to continue playing and then an ally a nation you personally saved from devastation from the Arabs decides to have some fun on your account.

So the yo man, that's a crap thing to do may work to some, but being rolled over like this has its limits.

And please i have grown tired all day listening to pms well this has happened to me before i know how you feel. Well sorry you do not know, this is a new record.. I do not remember in the past diplo games someone taking such a punch... and many acting as its normal..

It seems many if us have a different understanding of the word integrity, what happened to the fun phrase for Diplo games - Allow all to have fun in the game..
                              Last edited by England (DoC); March 30, 2010, 15:22.

Comment

• Oh, no, I agree that things went too far, and I don't know how you feel, can only guess That's why I voiced my opinion, agreeing that it's gone too far with the last act after you so graciously, despite your hurt feelings, decide to suck it up and play again, I thought that was really cool.

Just wanted to point out that people made stupid moves, that it is good to call them out on it, and that so far I think this whole group has been really reasonable regarding judging such incidents; the game is stopped, we talk about it, we come to a consensus under the expert guidance of mr Plomp, and all's well again. And I think we can count upon that now as well.

Like you say, just trying to bring in some lightness in this issue, but it's totally up to you of course how you feel about everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X