X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now who is playing double turns???

Ozzy...

of course he signed the peace I offered, so all is well
    Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
    The Russian Dynasty:
    Samo the Headbanded
    Catherine the Progenitor
    Dominika Ekatarinova
    (Konya the Lost)
    Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• (lol! double turns double posts! )
      Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
      The Russian Dynasty:
      Samo the Headbanded
      Catherine the Progenitor
      Dominika Ekatarinova
      (Konya the Lost)
      Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Originally posted by India (DoC) View Post
        He was.. for 3 whole turns... explains a lot?
        I seem to remember you being in the middle of the pack in score when I took over. Now look at you.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• So....

I'm only a sub, I'm not terribly invested in this game, I don't know everyone's situation or everyone's plans for the future, so I don't want to muck things up too much, but....

I'm gonna suggest we muck things up.

From my semi-outsider's eyes, Greece is a virtual non-entity in this game. They have had zero posts in the January and December story threads. And only three in the November thread. In fact, out of the 22000+ posts here in the multi-month organizational thread, they've only posted 7 times.

They continue to miss far more turns than they play. They are not only last in game score, but about 100 points behind the next lowest civ (Arabs).

This has happened before. I suggest we do as we've done before and simply put this civ out of its misery for the good of the game.

It is fortunate also that two of the bottom civs in the game are neighbors of Greece - Rome & Arabia, who could each benefit from carving them up. More importantly, Greece, for some reason or another, has a cache of 4 great people just sitting around in its capitol.

So... I propose a bold and daring plan:

- Rome gets Greece's one African colony and one city bordering them, and one great person of their choice.
          - Arabs get the rest of Greece's cities.
          - Egypt gets 3 great people.

I think it is in everyone's interests to have these small, behind civs become more competitive. Since Greece doesn't seem to have their heart in this game anyhow, this seems like an optimal situation. I'd prefer the cities be gifted rather than captured since culture is going to be a huge problem for border cities. Greece has several culture buildings that could help offset Byzantine & English neighbors.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I do not mind the above said Ozzy at all, however that African colony was given by England to Greece to help them expand. So I would like to see it back in England's hands, so we can decide its faith again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
              [action=Persia (DoC)]considers declaring war on Arabia to end this Ozzy myth for once and for all.[/action]
              If you are who I think you are, I beat your ass once or twice in past games.

Comment

• You can't carve up a nation just because he isnt playing. Give the civ to someone who would contribute more but dont split up Greece for no real reason. I say if anything we boot out the current greek player and let Pinchak take over.
                The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• There is nothing in the rules about minimum contribution and we kinda expect that players stick to their civs no matter how well they are doing, however
                  if someone is no longer interested playing it's better to ask or a sub, or in a case like this splitting up a civ _may_ be an option.
                  I don't think that in this game it's our job or our right to decide what should happen with someone's civ, for future games we may agree on something.
                  If we would have the option then I'd say that Greece is no longer playing so replacement is needed.

Comment

• pinchakl to play greece is my vote...

Comment

• Greece is indeed not very active. He reads the story threads though, and does play his turns, thoug he misses a lot of them as well indeed. Last time I was in contact with him he said he was enjoying it a lot but also sorry for not be able to contribute too much.

I'm not sure if his low activity is a reason to remove him.
                      In former games we had like 50% of the civs that were as active as Greece.
                      It's mostly because everybody else is that active that it shows that he isn't.

I'll contact him again and let him know that this discussion is going on.
                      I disagree with any splitting up of civs. Just because it's not fair.
                      And b/c we agreed on before hand that we would not eliminate inactive civs. We did that in BtP and it created a mess.

Regarding Pinchak.
                      I am sorry, but I will not let him in this game. Yes, that's a very solistic decision of me.
                      Pinchak is a very creative and entertaining player, but he also has an issue with exploiting rules to show how wrong the rules are. He has caused huge problems in the past. Not one, but many.

I'm the first one to give players a 2nd chance, and I will give Pinchak a 4th chance definitely, but not for this game. Next one is fine with me.

Remember that I did not want Pinchak to be in this game, to start with. But then I changed my mind after many people talking to me. And he then quitted the game during the first turn immediately.
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• i think lots of people are exploitng the rules not only of the DoC rules but the CIV4 rules.

People hav ebeen doinghtat for years they call it studying and reasearch i call it exploitation becasuse those that play for fun hacent studied the loopholes that are avaialble.

But that aside.

This game whilst lovely hosted by you Robert. is still a game tht we all make the decisins, we dont al lagree with the decisions, but we do all vote.

I call for an out or character vote on is pinchak if needed allowed to sub in this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                          If you are who I think you are, I beat your ass once or twice in past games.
                          I can't remember playing you.
                          You were in ladder tournaments, or just on the gamespy server?

This is interesting...
                          Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Go ozzy stir him up to fight you,,, saves my butt

Comment

• Give me your army and I'll gladly fight him.

Comment

• dont tempt me ....

need tanks first i like tanks...

Comment

Working...
                                X