No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, game's up now. please somebody game-pause it. (India?)
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Damn time zone differences

Comment

• ok I'll do it

game's been paused
        Last edited by India (DoC); February 2, 2010, 16:57.

Comment

• Looks like Mali now has a login problem.
          Most probably can't unpause the game.

Comment

• very likely as I've sent a diplo msg to them

we should try what I wrote b4:
            try pressing the pause/break button during initalization or map setup phase, only once. someone suggested that it is possible to unpause the game before the diplo msg pops up.

Comment

• You realize this is karma for not letting me in the game.

Comment

• anyway.. i can unpause it now for Mali

Comment

• I tried all of those and it didn't make a difference. Thanks India for logging in and unpausing while I was on
                  Last edited by Mali (DoC); February 2, 2010, 17:49.

Comment

• np. btw when I logged in I've noticed that my last moves which I did before the last disconnect were set back.
                    Last edited by India (DoC); February 2, 2010, 17:48.

Comment

• can I log in? or would I break something if I did?
                      Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

• You can login.
                        Please pause the game again when you leave.

If you have a diplo pop-up, please login again and press pause once just before the game starts. Apparently that should work.

Comment

• I can't get that trick to work. Is there anyone who can pull an India for me and log in and unpause?
                          Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

• I'm sorry guys, I'm not able to unpause the game.
                            I get a diplo screen, Rome gets a diploscreen, I got a diploscreen when I tried to login as Greece. (I figured that was ok since I recently resetted the password for them anyway.) and Rome tried to login using the password of an ally he had recently subbed for.

All diploscreens.
                            India doesn't respond to my pm to unpause, so I see no other option but reloading from before the game pause and just let the game run for 2 hours.

I'll set my alarm in 2 hours to check if Ottomans played already.
                            If not, then I'll restart it again.

This means that Mali's turn is gone and India's last changes are gone as well.
                            I'm sorry. Mali and India are both of course still free to login again and do what they want to do.

I just want the game to proceed now.
                            Next turn will last 24h (26h) to make sure that the Ottomans play opportunity will fall within the turn-length.

We'll get over this eventually
                            Anyway, game restarted. I'll check in two hours. Sleeping is for losers.

Comment

• I've played.

I don't know how to make it clear on when I can play. Right now it's 8h38 p.m. my time. I can always play between 6-11 p.m. my time. If I don't know your time zone I can't convert!

But, would it not be better to go with the original plan, the 24 hr clock? I can always play within a 24hr time period and that way there's no need to pause.

It probably won't even take the full 24hrs most of the time as the turn will advance once everyone's played.

I'm not sure why we're not running like that?

Comment

• I believe it is a 24 hour clock. But you and Russia have to both play in the same order. You can't login and play at any point in that 24 hours or there could be a double move. Plus if you were able to play in 24 hours then CS wouldn't have paused the game for you in the first place.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X