No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's not that hard to pause the game if you have found it paused, if it still happens you can reload the atosave and that player has to play again (a good reason not to forget it)

Next time if you think we should pause he game just ask here and one of us (or your unknown civ ) can do it.

Comment

• Russian armies await more glory
      Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
      The Russian Dynasty:
      Samo the Headbanded
      Catherine the Progenitor
      Dominika Ekatarinova
      (Konya the Lost)
      Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• I could have sworn I played my turn yesterday. I'm guessing the game is still down as I can't connect. Will be a few hours before I can try again

Comment

• Any chance that we will have the game up soon???

Comment

• Everybody;

If the game has been paused for you, not only say "I'm online" or something like that.
            If your window of opportunity fades, also post a msg (either PM or here) in which you say when your NEXT window of opportunity will be. (in the "x hours from now" format, to avoid timezone calculations)

Always think: "How can I help Robert best to know when he has to put the server online again"
            and in case of issues, always wonder if you answered all questions if you go offline again. Otherwise everybody has to wait 24h for nothing.

I've seen this happening many times.
            If you know that you can't be online for quite some time, always wonder if you did everything possible to get the game continueing asap again.
            And never worry, I will not let the game ever continue if it'll hurt anybody in war.

Trust me to get an eye on your interests, and keep an eye on the other player's interests yourself.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoC) View Post
              Any chance that we will have the game up soon???
              Well, I can only start it when the Ottomans have the chance to play their turn. Most probably around 2.50am my time. (like yesterday)
              (about 10 hours from now)

I'm thinking about launching the game at 23.00 my time (7h from now) anyway. If the Ottomans then miss their turn, we just switch turn order and they are first from next turn on.

In fact nobody will lose anything by that, and it'll create a better turn order.

Russia
              Ottoman
              Russia
              Ottoman
              Russia
              Ottoman
              Russia
              Ottoman
              Russia
              etc.

You see, no double moves.

Comment

• play? soon? please?
                The Russian Dynasty:
                Samo the Headbanded
                Catherine the Progenitor
                Dominika Ekatarinova
                (Konya the Lost)
                Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• RP I pmed you but it basically said I can occasionally play a turn at this time but regularly the window is 5 - 10 hrs from now.

Comment

• Ottoman, please be specific.
                    From this message I can't understand if you are now available or not.
                    And it's a general answer for everyday, but how is it today?
                    Please don't expect me to learn the play window of all players by heart.

Put yourself into my shoes and think if you would understand what to do now if you were me. I still don't.
                    I'll just put the game up and I'll see if you can play. Otherwise I'll pause it again.

Comment

• Game's up. 2 hours on the clock.

Comment

• Thanks for putting the game up again Robert.

Comment

• I would prefer it if we did not change the turn order for the war...

Cause it does give Ottoman a free move. Or rather, a free heal for his troops... By skipping a turn his soldiers automatically heal up and are then ready to be used, fresh on the next turn when he is suddenly first.
                          Last edited by Russia (DoC); February 2, 2010, 16:06.
                          The Russian Dynasty:
                          Samo the Headbanded
                          Catherine the Progenitor
                          Dominika Ekatarinova
                          (Konya the Lost)
                          Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Since the Ottomans didn't play for an hour, I assume they're not ready. Game down again.

And b/c Russia prefers no turn order switch, we're back to waiting for his feedback.
                            I'll just start the game at 00:00am my time and ask one of you guys to pause it.

Somewhere between 00:00am and 05:00am my time ( 3:40 - 8:40 from now) Ottoman said he would be available, but since there's only 2h left on the timer, the game must be paused then.

Comment

• We were at the very same point yesterday... no progress in 24 h...
                              The game should not be disconnected, do a normal pause. If someone cannot unpause then he should ask someone to do it for him.
                              (I can pause it now, if you don't want to blow your identity )

ah.. btw nvm.. just saw you write something similar.. but still next time we should avoid disconnecting the game

Comment

• can't we just pause it!
                                The Russian Dynasty:
                                Samo the Headbanded
                                Catherine the Progenitor
                                Dominika Ekatarinova
                                (Konya the Lost)
                                Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Working...
                                X