The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent test ratings.
    I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

• Originally posted by Korea (DoC) View Post
      I guess it would get boring to not trade now and wait for next eras.

I think the lower civs should be able to do free trading at all times to try and keep them at least close to the leaders in techs.
      Communism has not worked out in anywhere, I don't expect it to work at this game
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I voted.
        The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• test vote sent.
          wrong e-mail address though (persia@ instead of doc-persia@)
          not much of a problem though.

As humble as I am, I gave everyone a '7' except myself. You guys deserve it!
          Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Thanks all for test-voting.

Russia / India: don't forget to end your turn!
            Now only Rome still has to play his turn, but when he does, the turn won't proceed b/c the both of you forgot to end yours.

Not much of a problem, but just a heads up for the next turns

(not to mention that we should try to finish this game before the 96 year old St Jon is not among us anymore and one of his 3 18 year old playmates has to take over)

Comment

• are confusing st.jon with hugh hefner?
              Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
              The Russian Dynasty:
              Samo the Headbanded
              Catherine the Progenitor
              Dominika Ekatarinova
              (Konya the Lost)
              Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Formerly known as "CyberShy"

Comment

• Yes you can vote for yourself but the results will be zeroed out when tabulated.

The reason for the change is that when I download the results from the individual voting forms all the results are offset by 3 (as your vote is excluded). I have to manually shift the votes over so that Russia's vote for instance doesn't become Rome's. With putting 4's in the results it aligns everything properly. In addition, by having one voting form and one html page its much easier to change and support this.

To ensure you are voting as your CIV please enter your password that you use to enter the voting panel (the same password as before). Votes that do not have your password are invalid.

I fixed the email field so it is now optional again.

Originally posted by India (DoC) View Post
                  voted, a few observations:

1, It seems I can vote on myself

2, email address seemed to be mandatory instead of optional
                  WarningU2 Member of CIvilization Players Multiplayer League
                  ---------------------------
                  "A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

• Are we on a 19 hour turn timer? (according to civstats) most turns there's nothing going on, couldn't we say 10-12?
                    Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                    The Russian Dynasty:
                    Samo the Headbanded
                    Catherine the Progenitor
                    Dominika Ekatarinova
                    (Konya the Lost)
                    Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• We're on an 11h timer (effectively about 11.5 - 12h per turn)

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                        We're on an 11h timer (effectively about 11.5 - 12h per turn)
                        tis all good

i am on 24hr turn clock

unfortuanly i have a life and work to do deal with inbetween turns.
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                          Communism has not worked out in anywhere, I don't expect it to work at this game
                          neither has capitalism.... remember the GFC ?

I think this will be my last civ game ( cheers from everyone i can hear it)

I cant compete and when ever i suggest ways of making it fun for the less skilled the smarter ones just make fun of us.

so i will complete this one, but alas civ is not for me.

Comment

• just out of interst is anyone actually doing anything in game, all the latest posts in storys are not game related at all. all about people going t oheafvne coming back from heaven. going to hell. etc etc.

please let me know what is happening in your posts....

not much to vote for this month.

Comment

• I'm not making fun of you, I'm death serious.
                              Your "let the lower civs get techs for free" suggestion is factually some kind of communism. Why would the better civs nivest in new techs if they'd better invest in other stuff and get the techs for free?
                              Then nobody will advance to new techs and the entire game will not advance. = communism.

And for the record, the GFC shows that everything is imperfect, including capitalism.
                              But as far as I'm aware capitalism brought us a very lot. Even the small drop we're currently experiencing is not going to change that.
                              Last edited by Robert; October 21, 2009, 08:17.

Comment

• I have posted about the barbarian invasion of my northern cities.
                                I have posted in detail how my armies moved from city 1 to city 2 for protection.
                                How then a 2nd barbarian invasion was about to seize my now undefended city 1, and how a scout distracted the barbarians to bring my defense from city 3 to city 1 in time.

This event effected my relations with Russia and Britannia b/c it started the sacrificing of the youngsters which caused mixed reactions from my neighbors, which I had to solve diplomatically.
                                Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                                <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

Working...
                                X