No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely a breakaway club forming at the top and Greece looks in serious danger of being tailed off completely. Huge margins already and we haven't even looked for the new lands across the sea yet!
    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
    - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
      Definitely a breakaway club forming at the top and Greece looks in serious danger of being tailed off completely. Huge margins already and we haven't even looked for the new lands across the sea yet!
      same everygame...

the leaders will get to astronomy well before anyone else and so will gain the other continent too.

But is all good the better players will always do that.
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• on the topic of greece, he doesnt post a lot and i notice he doenst always communicate in game

Comment

• Why am I always a different color? I want to be red.
          The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• The color relates to the position in the chart. I can't alter that, I'm sorry.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by The Holy Empire of Britannia (DoC) View Post
              Why am I always a different color? I want to be red.
              quit moving position o nchart and u remain same colour

Comment

• **** **** ****!!
                I hit the wrong button in a tech trade offer....
                Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                The Russian Dynasty:
                Samo the Headbanded
                Catherine the Progenitor
                Dominika Ekatarinova
                (Konya the Lost)
                Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• could we reload the save? please? I accepted a tech offer that I had researched myself to almost 1 turn away
                  Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                  The Russian Dynasty:
                  Samo the Headbanded
                  Catherine the Progenitor
                  Dominika Ekatarinova
                  (Konya the Lost)
                  Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• Thant not a really good reason to reload.
                    The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Originally posted by Russia (DoC) View Post
                      **** **** ****!!
                      I hit the wrong button in a tech trade offer....
                      Originally posted by Russia (DoC) View Post
                      could we reload the save? please? I accepted a tech offer that I had researched myself to almost 1 turn away

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• When did you do it? (so what save do I have to reload?)
                        Ok, I took the liberty to reload Russia's autosave without consulting the rest of you.
                        I can undo this reload if that's what everybody wants. But since we lost only a very little time I thought it would be good to reload.

Russia (and others), please next time send me a pm immediately to ask for reload!

Comment

• An Issue With Tech Trades

Rather than polute the tech trade thread now that its been confirmed I traded a tech to Britannia in my mind for absolutely nothing other than the pleasure of getting it up the xxx and ripping myself off.

The rules in this case are not clear regarding tech trading.

I was led to believe I was trading a tech to Britannia in exchange for a voucher but even though I didn't receive a tech I lose a voucher for transaction and receive the voucher back - nso in effect my vouchers stay the same. WTF! This makes no sense. Why would I trade a tech for nothing?

This is a game ender for me unless I receive some sort of compensation from Britannia or a voucher as I thought I was the transaction. Otherwise I gave away Monarchy.

I expect something in return - a voucher or a promise of a comparable tech in the future with a similar exchange of vouchers - or I just played my last turn and you really need to improve these nutsoid tech trading rules.

Comment

• I'm sorry, Russia. I have undone the reload.
                            You have logged in to the game after the tech exchange, so the auto save I had from you was not the right one.

I have to reload the entire turn to undo the tech exchange.
                            I don't think that's a good idea. (But others may convince me).

I'd rather say that you do not lose a voucher but next time you're going to trade a tech you do 1 turn research of that tech as well to compensate. (without lowering your research of course)

Comment

• @Arabia: please don't pull the "game ender" card. That's not helping us to solve this.
                              I think that it's fair to ask Britannia for a tech in return in the future.

This is what the rules say:
                              Tech Trade Rule:
                              4a. Trading away a tech costs 1 voucher. All players get 8 vouchers. Vouchers cannot be traded away for anything but techs. (this means that civs can give away 8 techs, receive 8 techs for their vouchers, trade 8 techs for 8 techs or a combination of these options.)
                              4b. When 4 civs have advanced to the next age (ancient, classical, medieval, renaissance, industrial, modern, future) all techs of the age before the past age can be traded freely in a 1 tech for 1 tech trade without the need to spend vouchers. (If 4 players are in the medieval age, all techs of the ancient age can be traded freely, etc.)
                              4c. All tech trades must be reported in the Tech/Units trade thread. For '4a trades', only the 'giver(s)' must be reported. For '4b trades' the explicit deal must be reported. For '4b trades' the 4 civs that are supposed to have advanced into the next age must be listed along with the trade report.

The bold-red part applies here.
                              I'm sorry that you did not understand it.
                              What I usually do in these turns is indeed ask the other party for a tech I like in the future. That's a fair request towards Britannia.

Comment

• I'm leaving for 2 hours right now. Please don't destroy the game over these 2 issues while I'm away Or I have to check poly on my phone during church, people are not going to like that

Comment

Working...
                                X