No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree. Make a mistake then you live with it or where do we stop?
    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
    - Anon

Comment

• Ok I'm going to make this as simple as I can:

1) I received a trade notice from Britannia asking for Monarchy with nothing in exchange

2) I declined the offer - and sent him within the game "what do you have to offer?"

3) I received back in the game "a voucher".

4) I came back with ok and gave him monarchy for what I would think would be a voucher. "Thats a deal"

Why would I trade Monarchy for nothing?

But to answer your questions:

a. Do you agree that we are following the rules?
      b. If (a) is a 'yes', then the next question is: do you agree with this rule or not?

I do agree to the rules now that I understand them however nonsenisical they appear.

c. if (a) is a 'no', then please explain how the rule has been broken
      d. If (a) is 'yes' and (b) is 'no', then please explain why you disagree and how we could improve it to fit your needs.

A voucher should be traded the same as a tech.

Comment

• If a Tech is traded then either the 'Granter' or 'Receiver' must pay for it via a Voucher. Absolutely straightforward as far as I can see.

If an error has been made then tough luck and be more careful in future!

Can we please unpause the game now and let things keep flowing?
        “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
        - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by Arabia (DoC) View Post

A voucher should be traded the same as a tech.
          Let's see this example. You expected that in the end of the trade you gain a voucher. In that case Britannia should had payed two vouchers for a single tech and for you it wouldnt had cost anything but a plain gain of a voucher. There were trades like this in BtP and some of us didnt liked them because they didn't help the weaker civs too much but creates an opportunity to make the stronger even more advanced.

For me it seems as if you were decived with this trade because you didnt know the rules, I wonder if Britannia knew it and if yes why they asked a tech for "nothing", maybe they thought you are so close friends . But whatever happened you can just make an agreement to get something in return or write an ingame story how they "steal" the tech.. One thing for sure: this 'trade' didnt really make Brittania relatively stronger since they lost a voucher for this tech. They could have got it from someone else for the same voucher and the limited number of vouchers means that each civ can get 8 techs in the whole game.

Comment

• I have to agree with korea on this. Allowing a reload would bo setting a dangerous president for the rest of the game.
            The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Why would I trade Monarchy for nothing?

Well, maybe you wouldn't, and that's what you would have answered if you had understood the deal.

I, for example, are very willing to trade techs to Britannia for free. (= Brit giving 1 voucher in return)
              We have already done 2 such trades and I would certainly have traded Monarchy to them as well. (I get it next turn).

For me giving techs to Britannia is a form of diplomacy.
              So it seems like it is a confusion over the rules.
              I don't think this would have happened if you would have worshipped Hastog instead of the unknown god of Islam!
              Convert to Hastogianism now before it's too late! I'm willing to send you some doomionaries in exchange for 1 voucher!
              Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
              <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
                If a Tech is traded then either the 'Granter' or 'Receiver' must pay for it via a Voucher. Absolutely straightforward as far as I can see.
                Is this right. I understood that the receiver of a tech (aside from the age/era rules, free tech exchange) always pays a voucher.

So if I contact you and offer tech AAA as a gift, it would cost you one voucher and cost me no voucher.

But say, late game, I have 5 vouchers left and you have just 1 or 2 vouchers left and I would like you to change to another tech path so as to speed tech advance between us, would I be able to send you the pre-req tech and pay a voucher (on your behalf) that would result in reducing my vouchers to 4?

That option like the current tech exchange procedure requires honest reporting of tech trading.
                I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

• i'll suck up the loss, but it would really make it easier for me if I can make an arrangement with my trade partner to get the tech that I originally wanted... if not I've just lost an irreplaceble voucher and not gotten an important tech...
                  Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                  The Russian Dynasty:
                  Samo the Headbanded
                  Catherine the Progenitor
                  Dominika Ekatarinova
                  (Konya the Lost)
                  Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• You're forgetting I was offered a voucher in exchange for a tech. I didn't receive the voucher. I don't understand why this is difficult for people to comprehend. Somehow this is my fault for not understanding the rules. That I don't agree and I think this rule is unfair.

Brittannia has taken advantage of this situation. If Britannia offers me a future comparable tech in exchange then the matter is over. If there is no agreement for that I'll play on and for one purpose only. You can guess what that will be.

Comment

• How long ago was that trade? With two tech trade issues, perhaps y'all should just reload to fix them both?
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Arabia (DoC) View Post
                        You're forgetting I was offered a voucher in exchange for a tech. I didn't receive the voucher. I don't understand why this is difficult for people to comprehend. Somehow this is my fault for not understanding the rules. That I don't agree and I think this rule is unfair.

Brittannia has taken advantage of this situation. If Britannia offers me a future comparable tech in exchange then the matter is over. If there is no agreement for that I'll play on and for one purpose only. You can guess what that will be.
                        whether people knwo the rules or not does not make them null and void.

The trade is done, unfortunatley you thoguht you were getting something you didnt., now it is upto you to demand something from Britania in game, take whatever action you deem necessary to get that from them. But just rember you canot remvoe them game at this point in time.
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                          How long ago was that trade? With two tech trade issues, perhaps y'all should just reload to fix them both?
                          no i think we should play by the rules and make ingame adjsutments .

Comment

• I have not taken advantage of anything. I simply followed the rules as written and will not use one of my remaining vouchers just to give arab a tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Holy Empire of Britannia (DoC) View Post
                              I have not taken advantage of anything. I simply followed the rules as written and will not use one of my remaining vouchers just to give arab a tech.
                              You dont have to do anything.

Hoever IN GAME the Arabs should be peeved with you and want some payment. If you dont give it then they can take whateve action they deem necessary but IG not here in organisation.

Comment

• They could sure try. I could use the story points.

Comment

Working...
                                X