X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small civs unite!!!!!!!!!
    The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Game is running, only civstats is down guys. So load the game and take your turns. Robert will fix civstats when he gets a chance.

Comment

• Its working now we can keep playing.

Comment

• Hey all,

I wouldn't mind postponing the vote until a little more happens. Personally, I will be keeping my storytelling to encounters with other civs, which there have not been a lot of yet (for me).

I would be fine with a test though, I'll let democracy dictate that!

To those who think they have smaller civs:

I would really wait until the strategic importance of your geographic location is revealed to you through time. As this is a Diplo game, I don't think the point is to become the biggest power and dominate the globe. There will be civs like that, but they can't all be. In the real world, for example, it would not be fun if your country was Afghanistan for reasons of tech and prod, but due it's geographic location, it becomes an important region.

Better example: Somalia. Crappy devolopment wise, location strategically...MASSIVE. World trade through the Suez has to pass by Somalia and look at what some fishirmen with dinghies can do.

And that's without the potential scenarios should you ally and work with others.

Just saying...

Comment

• The vote is only to test if the system works.
            I'm on vacation now, I'll get back to you about it monday.

Regarding land, in BtP we had extremely much land. If we have only half of the BtP land here, that's enough. Not to mention that it's not that bad to have fewer land to expand into. Bigger is not always better.

Please don't post stuff with your normal account that may reveal your identity in-game! 'civ-civ-civ-desert-sea' may be a hint to all of us.
            Just post that kinda stuff with your game-account.
            Or even better just play, maybe it's not that bad at all.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Yea, everyone requested less land. So you got it.

Things are generally balanced too. Last game while there was a huge amount of land overall, some civs had waay more than others. While this map isn't strictly equal, it is a lot closer to it than the last game. Stick with it, I think you'll enjoy it.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• i agree that BtP was pure idiocy as to map design. so unbalanced it was a farce. Just plain WRONG. but that's just my opinion.
                Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• The game is still in its early stages Just play play and see where it takes you. If you find you want more space then b-line the new world.

Comment

• I was only a very late game sub in BtP but I am in a position, even worse than Russia's was there, where I can actually see my nearest neighbour's capital as well as knowing where another's is. The 3rd I only know the rough geography about but I know that they are far too close for comfort. I am stuck on the end of a peninsula which means that I have no choice but early war which is very wasteful.

In a 'free for all' I would simply slave axemen and wipe out my close neighbour but I cannot do that in Diplo. My only other alternative is to ring his capital and kill each Settler as it emerges to prevent him expanding. My build queue will therefore run X - Axeman - X - Axeman Ad Inf! He will probably understand the risks and try the same tactic against me - especially if he is cramped from the other side as well.

I know the identity of one of my neighbours for certain, sorry but the style of writing is too familiar, and have a pretty good idea of another. One will defeat me if I give him the chance to grow and the other will be a 50-50 but the 3rd I have no idea of. It is fine to say 'build a fleet to discover the promised land' but when you have no chance to build more than 3 cities without massive overlap things become a little more tricky.

Civ obliteration may be illegal but Civ emasculation is not and on a map like this I have no alternative but to pursue that tactic. I am just glad I picked the Civ I did as at least I stand a chance of pulling it off.
                    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                    - Anon

Comment

• 3 cities sounds bad, can it be a starting city placement bug maybe? ( I dont know if they were placed manualy) Maybe you can use galleys to get somewhere.. I have a crapy starting position but as far as I can see i will have plenty of space for cities.. unless my neighbours start expanding like crazy*. By plenty I dont mean similar to BtP, that was way off... I'm happy if i can have at least 6 normal cities

edit
                      *: or they just come with a bunch of axemen.. I havent explore their cities.. one of them might be on a peninsula who just preparing an assault on me
                      Last edited by mzprox; August 29, 2009, 14:53.

Comment

• 3 cities seems standard for this game maybe 4-5 if they overlapping

Comment

• So what was the score raising trade between Chief Chetan and the Order of Britannia?
                          Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• I got a tech from a hut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Byzantium (DoC) View Post
                              So what was the score raising trade between Chief Chetan and the Order of Britannia?
                              we hate huts, huts hate us..

(hmm, 3-5 cities as standard? Most of my future land is jungle and mountains but eventually I may be able to found 6-8 cities (depending on neighbours). I think Ozzy made this map to be tricky. For example why had He raised an unpassable mountain which cuts almost the whole continent half )
                              Last edited by India (DoC); August 30, 2009, 01:14.

Comment

• you obviously got one of the larger areas...
                                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                                X