The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
    I do think cultural victory is wimpy (tho dont really know what the word means ), but religious victory should be wimpy as well and it's too hard to gain true IG victory in diplogames so it's fine. I will personally nuke to ground every civ which has cultural victory in mind anyway (For god sake.. please dont ban nukes this time.. it's too boring without them )

Wimpy = Pathetic or Cowardly

BtP was the first time I have ever seen a Religious Victory attempted.

Diplomatic is no walk in the park but I'm not sure it would be possible in Diplo as you'd need a lot of Vassels or very bored people.

I like Cultural as in SP I was even defeated by my own Vassel! It's not hard to see it coming so you are going to face a lot of opposition.

Nukes should be allowed, I didn't realise they were banned, as if I faced defeat in a late game war I'd make damn sure that my enemy faced a lot of fall-out when he got home.
    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
    - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
      nukes should never be banned ... especialy rogue nations using terrorism nukes..
      What about making an agreement that we wont use the IG option to ban nukes? We could still make treaties about banning them but we could still build our nuclear weapons in secret if we wish. It would be good for diplo.

Back to cultural victory, I've never done in civ4 yet. I see it a bit problematic because it's really "all or nothing" strategy. For cultural victory you have to turn off research and use the commerce for culture(from the middle ages). It means that you will fall behind in research. Now should others come to stop you ( and I think they should) with their more advanced tech the civ which goes for cultural victory will be at their mercy. Probably they will let the civ live but keeping them from ever getting enough culture. And then this civ would be really crippled.
      Making a spaceship is always easier and it keeps you top on military (tech-wise)-but it's not that hard to sabotage the ss parts.

but lets try.. the game is not about winning (IG) anyway. I just really hope ppl wont lose intrest at end game as it happened BtP.

Comment

• All religious victory types are allowed. Personally I'm trying to go for the domination or conquest victory
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• What about making an agreement that we wont use the IG option to ban nukes?

One can always choose to defy the resolution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
            What about making an agreement that we wont use the IG option to ban nukes?

One can always choose to defy the resolution.
            that 5 extra unhappyness could be problematic.

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post

Back to cultural victory, I've never done in civ4 yet. I see it a bit problematic because it's really "all or nothing" strategy. For cultural victory you have to turn off research and use the commerce for culture(from the middle ages). It means that you will fall behind in research. Now should others come to stop you ( and I think they should) with their more advanced tech the civ which goes for cultural victory will be at their mercy. Probably they will let the civ live but keeping them from ever getting enough culture. And then this civ would be really crippled.
              I can see a way to make it work in a Diplo!
              “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
              - Anon

Comment

• Why are the Dutch such big on conquest I wonder....
                The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

Personally I'm trying to go for the domination or conquest victory
                  I would love to see you try this. Personally I don't think it is possible but maybe you can prove me wrong.

Comment

• Nevermind
                    Last edited by Orb (DoC); August 26, 2009, 01:43.
                    The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• Originally posted by The Holy Empire of Britannia (DoC) View Post
                      Why are the Dutch such big on conquest I wonder....
                      It's the Napoleon complex

Comment

• Everything ok, Rome?
                        You are trying to get in about 10 times already (and you're blocking me.)
                        Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                        <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• I was getting firewall not configured messages from Greece and once from Korea. I think it was something on my end, but I only had 5 minutes to do my turn so I pushed through; ended up taking me 15 minutes :-(

sorry for blocking you! I'll look at my network before next turn.
                          Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

• hey fellas. looks like I'm too late again...
                            Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• Well keep an eye on this, I'm sure someone else will drop out and will need a sub.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It's the Napoleon complex
                                What's that? I have no urges to become nor emulate a short corsican megalomaniac...
                                Insanity within Reason

Comment

Working...
                                X