No announcement yet.

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please people, don't comment on each other's style and don't comment on each other's comments either. Use the monthly vote to express your opinion. For the rest people are free to tell their stories the way they want.
    No need as well to question the role play abilities of others.

We don't need a negative atmosphere here.
    Let's have fun.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I have a question. I have found a way for me to resize pics I get on line to better fit the thread but not I am lost on how to get it from my computer to the thread. So my question is, how can I get the pic from my computer to apoly?
      The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• beneath the post box where youtype this reply. is a ADDITIOAL OPTIONS area.

in there is the attach file sub area with a manage attachments button
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Please note all. I dont regularly check my PM box here for this account so dont assume i ignoring you if i dont respond i will get to it.

Comment

• Inca I like your posts as well. Keep it up!

Comment

• Hi All,

to prevent issues with urls of images pointing to a domain that might be recognizable, I have created an attachment gallery especially for the DoC diplo gaming. All (DoC) accounts have post rights to this gallery. This means you can upload all your artwork to apolyton and then use the deeplink (after posting, click on the image and it will open in a new window. use the url of this new window as path to your imahe) to the attachment by clicking the insert image button and pasting in the url, like so:

you can find the gallery through the Civ 4 Multiplayer forum (at the top there is a new sub forum with the name Diplo Gaming Attachments, or follow this link:

Only the (DoC) player accounts should be able to post in this sub-forum.
              Insanity within Reason

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeroen Schweitzer View Post
                An attachment gallery especially for the DoC diplo gaming.
                it works:

thanks!
                Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

• Thanks Jeroen!
                  I've included the link in the 'links' section of the thread-headers.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I have a question (unrelated to this game)
                    Does anyone know why i get x+1 research towards my tech when my research is x? For higher cost tech I can get x+3 and I dont know where these extras coming from. I made test games and receiving this bonus there too, I just wana know where does it come from.

Comment

• I'm glad to see that the English are now also using the Persian term "Hut People"!
                      The Persian culture and language is already spreading across the earth!
                      Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                      <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoC) View Post
                        I'm glad to see that the English are now also using the Persian term "Hut People"!
                        The Persian culture and language is already spreading across the earth!

Comment

• Just a quickie question as I cannot be bothered to trawl the Setup Thread. Obviously Domination/Conquest out as IG Victory but are we still allowed to go for Religious, Diplomatic and Cultural as well as Spaceship?

I know people regard Cultural as a wimpy type of Victory but if that's your target you need to plan for it at the very start. In SP, at high difficulty levels, it actually is a very hard ask but I haven't played enough MP to know how it pans out.

OK, I've given out my strategy but not my Civ so I hope I don't incur a fine!
                          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                          - Anon

Comment

• I do think cultural victory is wimpy (tho dont really know what the word means ), but religious victory should be wimpy as well and it's too hard to gain true IG victory in diplogames so it's fine. I will personally nuke to ground every civ which has cultural victory in mind anyway (For god sake.. please dont ban nukes this time.. it's too boring without them )

Comment

• Cultural vicotryt is the coolest way of winning a diplo

space race i hate as it usualy means people never go to war as they are simply maddly rusing along the tech path and commerce path.

I never play a SP game with space race as an option to win by.

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                                I do think cultural victory is wimpy (tho dont really know what the word means ), but religious victory should be wimpy as well and it's too hard to gain true IG victory in diplogames so it's fine. I will personally nuke to ground every civ which has cultural victory in mind anyway (For god sake.. please dont ban nukes this time.. it's too boring without them )
                                nukes should never be banned ... especialy rogue nations using terrorism nukes..

Comment

Working...
                                X