The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeroen Schweitzer View Post
    Is this the time to look for my pike again? Maybe Sitting Bull can get off his ass
    Make him into his own totem pole

(And yes I vote for the rule change)

Comment

I've asked Ozzy to look and poke.
      Let's hope that the player will play soon. After that it's 8h per turn!
      I have installed the turn-notifier, which means that if you fill out your e-mail address in your game profile (game details) you should get a mail notification when the turn proceeds.

Vote:
      Yes: 9 (100% of voters, 60% of players) --> 1 more 'yes' vote needed for the rule change to be accepted.
      Robert
      mzprox
      Jeroen
      Toni
      bamf226
      Black Knight
      Rempedaalops
      Hendriks
      The Priest

No: 0

Abstain: 0
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Robert, I am unsure as to what I am supposed to be voting on here. With Tech Trades, I have always believed that they should just be straight banned, this new system seems like the worst of all worlds. If I can gain or gift a Tech without a Voucher then why have Vouchers at all? If we do have Vouchers then they should be a tradeable commodity like any other. In BtP I inherited a load of Vouchers and a backward Civ so the only way forward was to turn the system around and gift the Voucher to get the Tech. Likewise when I needed a quickie advance I could sell a single very valuable Tech for 3 Vouchers leaving me with the ability to gain 2 Techs from allies otherwise unable to help me. If you wish to ban this then I vote NO.

The second Rule change I just cannot understand at all. Please could someone explain clearly what I am supposed to be voting on?

All these Rules, and Rule changes, are leaving me very confused as to what I can or cannot do. I am too old and easily distracted to keep up with all you youngsters.

PS. How do I get to my IG email a/c?
        “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
        - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by St Jon View Post
          Likewise when I needed a quickie advance I could sell a single very valuable Tech for 3 Vouchers leaving me with the ability to gain 2 Techs from allies otherwise unable to help me. If you wish to ban this then I vote NO.
          Yes, I'd want to ban this, but I dont have to suggest it because it's right away banned in the current rules, so the vote is not abut this.

the vote is about:
          current system:
          You have 8 vouchers so you can give away 8 techs for whatever you want. If you dont have techs to give away then your vouchers are useless.

suggested modification:
          You can receive a tech for a voucher. This would allow advanced civs to gift techs to the less advanced if they pay the cost of trade (ie voucher)

but vouchers cannot be traded like it was in BtP

Comment

St Jon: giving away a tech is giving away a voucher.
            If this rule is in place this is possible tech-wise:

a. x trades a tech to y for a tech (x and y lose a voucher)
            b. x trades a tech to y for a voucher (y loses a voucher)
            (and of course trading techs from old ages)

This rule change enables b. Currently only a. is possible.
            It's not allowed to trade 3 vouchers for 1 tech or to trade 1 voucher for 1000 gold, or to receive just a voucher from someone, etc.

There is no 2nd rule change.
            There is no IG e-mail account. Just use your apolyon account PM.

Comment

Come on Natives dont make me get my head smashing stick.

Comment

OK. I understand now thank you.

I vote for no Tech Trades at all, gift or not, which I guess makes me a No?
                “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                - Anon

Comment

I Absdtain from vote as their is no benifit to me in this form of tech trading

If i give a voucher for every tech i recieve i dont see it as a gift i see it as buying a tech
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

How do I change my leader name?
                    The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

Vote:
                      Yes: 9 (89% of voters, 60% of players) --> 1 more 'yes' vote needed for the rule change to be accepted.
                      Robert
                      mzprox
                      Jeroen
                      Toni
                      bamf226
                      Black Knight
                      Rempedaalops
                      Hendriks
                      The Priest

No: 1 (9% of votes, 6% of players)

Abstain: 1 (9% of votes, 6% of players)

Comment

@Rasputin: there is a benefit, you can get a tech without researching it. Your 8 vouchers are a way to receive 8 techs. It's an advantage for you. What you want is a double advantage, you want to gain something where the other player loses something.

@Holy Britannia: I don't know, sometimes it keeps resetting your leadername on civstats. Just continue to put your desired leadername in. It should eventually accept it.
                        Last edited by Robert; August 21, 2009, 00:55.

Comment

The 2nd turn has started! The next 99 turns will last 8 hours! 3 turns per day!
                          If you're not sure if you can play every turn, que some orders for your units/cities!

Comment

Aww man and I wanted to use mt stick.

Comment

Nice 8hr turns, this will speed up things nicely!

Comment

yes i want totaly free things... not make it easier for an advanced civ to get further ahead of me..
                                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                                X