The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Priest View Post
    In fact the rules would handle an early war, since the rules are that in war we observe a turn order (within some constraints) so you can't be invaded and have multiple turns played against you without you noticing.
    The rule doesnt say that we should switch for longer turns but it cant work other way so we should.

Comment

• It guarantees everybody 24h to execute his turn. (which doesn't equal to 24h turn indeed) but to warrant that I think that we should move to 22h turns at least. (or accept a lot of pauses during the 8h turns).

If a war starts I'll pause the game to see how we handle it.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• BTW, all this war talk....
        I think that this OOC talking about war influences the game too much.
        This game should only be influenced by IG posts, not by OOC posts, so let's quit the OOC war talk now. (and any other OOC talk that may influence the game or decisions of players)

Comment

• I agree 100% with Robert. This is not the right thread to play your war tactics and share your plans. All war talk, propaganda should be moved to the IC Story thread.

Again this is diplo style game, so you should make it work for you. Talk to the near civs, negotiate borders, threaten them to attack if they take your land etc. Play good cop, bad cop if you must........... Your options are endlesssssssss...

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post

And about queue: I have just recently learned that you can give multiple orders to units by using the shift. So it is possible for example to tell a worker who is already working on something that after he finished go to a hill build a mine then a road then go somewhere else build a farm whatever.
            Oh! Very helpful also. What if this worker wasn't built yet, can you start loading him with orders before he's built even?

And about my war question, there is no intention to affect the game at all. If so, I would have posted under my DoC profile. It's simply my first diplo game ever and this is a big question for me as I simply cannot log-in every 8 hrs so I'm forced to queue. If I were to end up in a war at some point in this game and there was no 24hr timer or at least something to that effect I think it's quite clear I would be done for!

Thanks to everyone with the helpful advice so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by BranksDilly View Post
              What if this worker wasn't built yet, can you start loading him with orders before he's built even?
              I dont think that's possible, but at least you can set up rally points. (select city, right click on tile: the new unit will go there) cancel it by right click on the city

There are lots of comands/short cut for civ btw.. I never use them

Comment

• So who do we give the first break of anonymity award to?

Only 2 entrants so far.
                “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                - Anon

Comment

• Interesting point re 'anonymity' and percentage penalty. If I just reveal who I am now I just lose 25% of FA but if I lapse later I could be hurt.

@Raz Who do you reckon are the old crew climbing up score chart? Interesting for me as I reckon I recognise at least a couple of others who ain't doing much at the moment.
                  - Anon

Comment

• Did someone break his anonymity? I apparently missed it. (good for me)

Comment

• I think the penalty goes only if you are intentionaly doing it especialy with others' covers.

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                        I think the penalty goes only if you are intentionaly doing it especialy with others' covers.
                        i guess it lucky for me that i wouldnt be in the running to win this game seeing as there is some stupid penalty for breaking a stupid Anominity rule.

But seeing it already broken i guess i may as well break other rules....

St Jon... beware the people who start slow but move up as time goes by.

This game slightly askew as the huts give civs some pts in techs etc. but despite that Toni is doing ok.

GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post

St Jon... beware the people who start slow but move up as time goes by.

This game slightly askew as the huts give civs some pts in techs etc. but despite that Toni is doing ok.

I already know who Toni is and he doesn't look too hot at the moment. Nobody else in this game can really be classed as 'the old crew'. The 'Defrocked One' may have won BtP but he is just very good at the game not an Oldie. Robbo is our only other 'Oldie' apart from you and Hera.

Just tell when you know who our Hungarian friend is as he is very very good! I want to avoid him at all costs.
                          - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
                            I already know who Toni is and he doesn't look too hot at the moment. Nobody else in this game can really be classed as 'the old crew'. The 'Defrocked One' may have won BtP but he is just very good at the game not an Oldie. Robbo is our only other 'Oldie' apart from you and Hera.

Just tell when you know who our Hungarian friend is as he is very very good! I want to avoid him at all costs.
                            well apart from when i got a free tech from hut and led the pack for a turn or two, i am now in my usual place..

to be honest, i dont even know who is playing in this game :LOL:
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• Come on guys, drop this talk! . The score show absolutely nothing yet about how good someone is. (and it wont show even later)

Comment

• I hope people don't mind me asking. Do we have anon mail accouts like they did in Beyond the Pit and HOTW?
                                Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                                The Russian Dynasty:
                                Samo the Headbanded
                                Catherine the Progenitor
                                Dominika Ekatarinova
                                (Konya the Lost)
                                Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Working...
                                X