The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread Pt1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pitboss server is down indeed.
    We have a small difficulty here indeed, b/c both Russia and Byzantium still have to (re)play their turn in 5 minutes, if the server starts again.

We can go back one more save, but then both India and Ottomania also have to (re)play their turn.

Maybe it's best indeed to just let both Russia and Byzantium not play their last turn, then it's an even playing field, and then continue from there on.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• here's a nice big question of: what!?

I do not think it alright to stop the game completely because byzantine has lost a single turn. we're not even at war yet. a single turn, compared to russia losing a voucher on a tech we had all but researched ourselves. we took that loss, which is a big loss, and byzantium can't take losing one turn? has he not queued his builds for 1 turn? has he not ordered his troops to move for more than one turn? I have, I should not have to lose a turn because he is ill-organized. I accidentally moved my army in the wrong direction a few turns ago (laptop-pad mistake), I didn't even mention it cause it was such a minor thing. if I were to do as the byzantine I would demand a reload. but this is a fractionally small thing, not worth our attention. the whole point of the pitboss server is so we could lose a turn now and then, by queuing up and preparing ahead of time.

I think it is quite selfish for byzantium to demand a full stop of the game (on the weekend) just because he can't play a single turn.

and regardless of other things I am NOT agreeing to lose my turn because he has lost his, because it has nothing to do with me.
      Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
      The Russian Dynasty:
      Samo the Headbanded
      Catherine the Progenitor
      Dominika Ekatarinova
      (Konya the Lost)
      Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• I am getting a page not found on the voting as well. Is it working for everyone else?
        Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

• Works for me

Comment

• Robert can you explain why there is only 5 minutes left? I got an e-mail from civstats at 1:30 Central time yesterday. I checked the forums yesterday approximately 8 hours after the e-mail when I was unable to log in to play my turn. Upon checking the forums, apparently 12 hours had passed in the space of at least 8. Can you shed some light on this mystery?

Also, I'm out for the next 24 hours. I'm not asking for anyone to hold the game for me. Although I do understand the problem here. If someone is having internet problems in a crucial time, I would expect we would hold the game until that person gets connectivity back.

Comment

• Hi Guys.

I am glad to report that in under the 24 hours, I am now back.

I appreciate very much the inconvenience of the pause. First time I have ever asked.

I understand some unhappiness on here. Its not for me to respond - I merely asked RP for a pause - I had no ability to make it happen, and certainly didn't demand it. I didn't ask for a reload - I indicated a problem in advance, and posted and texted RP about it as in our instructions. I think to be fair though this is one of the effects of still running with an 11 hour rather than originally agreed 24 hour timer. I am all in favour of the 11 hours, but in a 'war-like' situation its pretty punishing, and leaves no room for problems. But I am happy for RP/others to decide what happens.

Russia shouldn't lose anything from this though - he has certainly not to blame for anything. I am not sure I understand the issue since Russia finished turn 9 hours before the last turn was due to finish. But whatever the detail, if anyone should lose out, certainly shoudl be me, but by alerting to the problem in advance I hoped nobody would need to.

RP - I am around now.
              Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• I just meant that I shouldn't lose a turn...
                The Russian Dynasty:
                Samo the Headbanded
                Catherine the Progenitor
                Dominika Ekatarinova
                (Konya the Lost)
                Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• could we please put the game back up? pause it and let byzants do their turn so we can go on. We've been on hold the whole weekend...
                  The Russian Dynasty:
                  Samo the Headbanded
                  Catherine the Progenitor
                  Dominika Ekatarinova
                  (Konya the Lost)
                  Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• I guess RP isn't around; I'm sure he will be soon.

Comment

• ok, I"m here, if both Russia and Byzantium are here we can do the thing.

Comment

• Yes - ready to log in and play fast

Comment

• Now we need to hear from Russia

Comment

• I think that the implication of Russia's (1103) is that he is happy if you restart it from when Russia entered the game five minutes before last turn was to end. I think you said you had a save from then. Presumbly in those five minutes he wasn't doing anything but just waiting for the turn to flip.

Comment

• Now I see, it was Russia's 2nd login.
                              I'm starting the game now. Start trying from now on to avoid missing valuable seconds

edit: Game is back on
                              edit2: Wrong save. Now the right one is up.

Comment

• Many thanks Robert for sorting that - and again to everyone for putting up with the pause.

Comment

Working...
                                X