Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys mix up the organization with the story thread.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• afaik rome and japan have not met yet, in fact I suspect them to be on opposite sides of the continent. this is probably just posturing from japan player. as he has been doing since before game start. I suspect he has some unresolved anger management issues

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
        You guys mix up the organization with the story thread.
        No we aren't, we haven't met IG yet.

Comment

• if the civs close to rome are really the piercians, and wyandots then we are on the same side of the world and eventually we will meet IG. and if you think Japan is all talk please let me know so i can show you first had the devestating power of Japan.

Comment

You guys mix up the organization with the story thread.
            These guys mix up the organization thread with a chatroom.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Russia
              I have not met the piercians, nor the wyandots. I've explored quite a lot and they are quite far away. my point was, and still is, Rome's start is unbalanced, by the fact that he has much good land and resources, while at least myself, has neither. portugal has at least easy access to bronze (within capital fat x) giving them a military option. in my situation I had only one option and that was diplomacy. of course, I've taken it, but the fact remains, the starts are very unbalanced. if rome had been more aggressive, I would have been toast and there would have been little to nothing I could have done about it. that is unbalanced.

the starting regions were in my experience very poorly balanced. I just don't see how Pinchak could look at those two starts and conclude that they were even remotely balanced. THAT is my point.
              you could have built a lot of warriors and defende dyou city agaisnt his swarms of axemen . warriers in city will protect well agaisnt axemen so he would spend far more trying to wipe you out than you would in replacing your warriers. especialyl if you built a barracks. lots of ways to protect yourself, sometimes you have to stop trying to build and defend to get a chance to grow later.

Comment

• sure defending works but diplomacy will get you farther then any arms can ever take you.

Comment

• vikings... what are you smoking? there is NO way warriors can defend against axemen, except the pure fluke. archers, yes, warriors no. the fact that having archers hiding in your cities leaves your improvements to pillaging resulting in eventual defeat as you fall behind in production and can't outproduce your enemy. regardless, the matter is closed.

Comment

• well not sure what you been playing, but every time i attacked an AI city in SP with Axes i get annilahated.

So unless it different in =MP games iwouldnt know.

PErsonally i never found a reason to build axemen except for killing the barbarians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                      well not sure what you been playing, but every time i attacked an AI city in SP with Axes i get annilahated.
                      thats cuz u r weak.

Comment

• yep probably true.

But the game mechanics dictate the result.

must be the difficultl level never palyed at this level before.

Comment

• A general suggestion for weak players: be humble to the strong civs, let them protect you. They may share their knowledge with you.

Most big civs love it to have 1 or 2 'vassals'. Smaller civs that are loyal towards them. Especially if that gives them a secure border, some bonusses, etc.

Such a vassalage doesn't have to endure forever.
                          Use the protection of your 'big brother' to build up strenght. Find new resources (off shore?).
                          There's nothing wrong with being a smaller civ.
                          You'd better be a small/weak civ with the protection of a strong civ then being an avg strength civ who has to battle with the strong civs.

Comment

A general suggestion for weak players: be humble to the strong civs, let them protect you. They may share their knowledge with you.

Most big civs love it to have 1 or 2 'vassals'. Smaller civs that are loyal towards them. Especially if that gives them a secure border, some bonusses, etc.

Such a vassalage doesn't have to endure forever.
                            Use the protection of your 'big brother' to build up strenght. Find new resources (off shore?).
                            There's nothing wrong with being a smaller civ.
                            You'd better be a small/weak civ with the protection of a strong civ then being an avg strength civ who has to battle with the strong civs.
                            Yeah, just wait for me to get the vassal-civ tech

These guys mix up the organization thread with a chatroom.
                            Absolutely true... WE NEED A CHAT ROOM !

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Persia

Yeah, just wait for me to get the vassal-civ tech
                              You can use 'unofficial' vassals already of course.

Absolutely true... WE NEED A CHAT ROOM !
                              Anybody knows some easy to use chatroom where we can have private chats? (just webbrowser based chat)

Comment

• REceiving message at sign in that Player 5 has different versions of the game files ... ?

Comment

Working...
                                X