X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pitboss Persia
    @ Russia :
    Russia has neglected to show their newest settlement that unfortunately makes the northern city in the plan unworkable.

Comment

• Also again would someone please tell me why my spot is overpowered?

BTW Other players being agressive towards me for out of character motives seems a bit contrary to diplo. Especially since I have two very good players with strong civs as neighbors (Persia is my equal and Portugal is among the top three civs). Only Russia is relatively weak and I'm willing to be friendly towards them and help them, even with tech if need be.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

The reason Fin or Ind were selected, and the thing that started this whole thing was I did a study of all the civs and all the traits chosen in diplogames. And Fin & Ind were far and away the most popular traits. Org was actually one of the least popular traits.

In the various diplogames we've played in Civ4 so far Fin was chosen 29 times and Org was chosen 7 times. Quite clearly the players seem to be unanimous which trait is more powerful. The only trait picked less is protective, which is generally understood to be a lame trait and one that wasn't even around since the beginning like Org was.

I've never used Org much at all and wanted to give it a spin. I think it is ridiculous to call it over powered when clearly no one wants to use it.

Financial---------29
        Industrial--------21
        Spiritual----------15
        Expansive--------12
        Philosophical-----12
        Charismatic-------9
        Aggressive--------8
        Imperialistic-------8
        Creative-----------7
        Organized---------7
        Protective----------6
        Organised is very underused, we can't blame people for choosing it.

Comment

• Allow me to clarify my position a bit here.

1. My start is not good. It is not horrible. It's just below average.

2. Rome's start on the other hand is far beyond average. I would say borderline ideal.

Here is why:
          1. Rome has Copper, Iron, and within the same distance as myself, Horses. I lack Copper, and have to go far for both Iron and Horses.

2. This is made worse by the fact that I have very little commerce, only 1 river, while Rome is overabunded with it. Which means Rome is teching past me now and forever because I can never add that extra gold on every square in my lands, that he has on practically EVERY square of his lands. This also means he is first to Bronze Working which means earlier slaving, which means more cities and workers early. An advantage that grows as more cities produce more workers and cities. The fact that he is Imperialistic only makes it worse still, but that is not Pinchaks fault.

As for Rome landwhoring, I've done the counting and in fact, none of their cities is further from their capital than they are close to mine. Meaning, while Rome is "landwhoring" great city sites, in what is in fact merely his natural area of expansion, I'm stuck with crappy city sites within the same range of expansion.

So in conclusion, in order to offset my start I would have to outexpand and then likely fight to defend my holdings against a competitor that has far greater cash/tech, more food, better production, and strategic resources.

Do I have a genuine complaint?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Russia

1. Rome has Copper, Iron, and within the same distance as myself, Horses. I lack Copper, and have to go far for both Iron and Horses.

2. This is made worse by the fact that I have very little commerce, only 1 river, while Rome is overabunded with it.

Do I have a genuine complaint?
            1. Me too.

2. Got jungle ON my ressources (even food ressources). One single river. On a peninusula with another civ on it's base.

Am i complaining ? No

Comment

• @Russia: I've PM'ed you. Please PM or mail me a response once you are able to.

Comment

• What is the time limit on the timer? I need it to be much slower, since I am missing too many turns with it being as fast as it is right now.

Comment

• Who made this map?
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Pinchak.

Comment

• Originally posted by classical_hero
                      What is the time limit on the timer? I need it to be much slower, since I am missing too many turns with it being as fast as it is right now.
                      Heh, we just had lots of debate over that. You should have spoken up then!

But yea, more voices in favor of slowing down the timer now.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I did not have the time to enter the discussion , plus I thought it was agreed to that after 100 turns that we were going to slow down the timer.

Comment

• CS has said that he will slow down the game in about 30 turns. C Hero i hope you can manage till then

So in about 2 weeks we will increase the timer!

Comment

• And PINCHAK did a great work with this map

Comment

• I do not like the way some players have been whinning about their land situations.

This is a big map and there is always good land to be found. As Pinchak said explore the coast offshore lands await the brave ones who dare to take the journey.

Great job distributing the resources like that Pinchak, and all those Mts and desert borders.

Comment

• And if you envy someones land than take it by force and hold it !

Comment

Working...
                                X