Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I apologize for our Emperor. he is going through a hard time right now.

Comment

• Glad to have the true Zanza back

Comment

• I really have no chance at reading all that stuff posted in the story thread. none. try to keep stuff to a sensible amount? 12 generations of political infighting does not interest me.

Comment

• I don't understand the complaints about the posts, this is what a diplogame is.

Comment

• writing and reading post makes diplogames fun. especially if the post are good.

Comment

• Yes, but there are too many of them! Can't we be sensible and split it up into two threads?

Comment

• FOR THE LAST TIME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I don't understand what is so difficult about simply skipping over posts you don't want to read, its not that hard to find the ones you need/want to read.

I understand it isn't as perfectly neat as you'd like it to be, but there really is no good reason to split it into an extra thread, we already have three (Story, Organization, Tech Trade).

Comment

• Well time for good news,

Praises to HRE and Funglsih for some great posts.

Keep up the good work guys. Glad to see you finally joined the world.

And I too agree, only one stroy thread necessary.

Comment

• I say only one story thread, but lets lock it once it reaches 20 pages or something. Then everyone moves to a new thread. That should appease those who want less clutter, but also keep everything together in one thread at a time.
                      Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                      "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• What's the advantage of having two threads?

I know some disadvantages:
                        - some people will never visit the other thread and be totally unaware of what happens at the other side of the world (even after astronomy)

- people will post accidentally in the wrong thread

- some people will vote based on what they read in their own thread, others based on what they read in both threads. Which will give unfair results.

- I'd feel as two games instead of 1 game

That's all not that bad if there are some good advantages. But I really don't see any advantage that can't be achieved by just skipping the post that don't attract you.
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                          What's the advantage of having two threads?

I know some disadvantages:
                          - some people will never visit the other thread and be totally unaware of what happens at the other side of the world (even after astronomy)

- people will post accidentally in the wrong thread

- some people will vote based on what they read in their own thread, others based on what they read in both threads. Which will give unfair results.

- I'd feel as two games instead of 1 game

That's all not that bad if there are some good advantages. But I really don't see any advantage that can't be achieved by just skipping the post that don't attract you.
                          I agree with all these points, which is why I suggested locking the thread after a certain point (say every 20 or 25 pages) and starting a new one... simply to prevent one thread from getting too full.
                          The old thread would be read-only, so no chance for mistakes, and the new one would be just the same as the old one, only with less posts for the slower readers to get confused about.
                          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Even that seems unnecessary. just use the yellow-on-gray arrow to jump directly to the first unread post, no matter how many pages there are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Persia
                              Even that seems unnecessary. just use the yellow-on-gray arrow to jump directly to the first unread post, no matter how many pages there are.
                              i like this idea best.

Comment

• I think we need another thread to discuss the number of threads we create...
                                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X