X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CyberShy
    This turn takes 24h
    If there's no more opposition, I'll switch back to 12h again for the next 70 turns. (till 175 or something)
    Then we can discuss the turn timer again
    I would prefer till like turn 130 or so.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Considering the nature of the timer (max time, not fix time, as Vikings said) i wouldn't mind a 24h timer.

It is in deed the best solution for issues and vacations, while it is not problematic for days where everyone can play normally.

Comment

• Exactly.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I doubt that we will have many turns where everybody finishes his turns within 22h.
          But we'll see. I'll put it back on 11h when I'm home for another 30 something turns.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
            Celts, are you yourself not able to do the 2 turns a day?
            Or are you concerned about others?

We have initially agreed to move to a 24h timer later indeed. If that's what some players want, then we should live up to that agreement.

Though we can re-evaluate now and if nobody disagrees take a smaller turn timer. maybe 16h as a compromis.
            Many of us love the 12h timer, I think.
            We can make it a 13h timer as well of course.

That's why I ask: is it yourself, Celts? Or are you speaking up for others?
            Currently I am able to do 2 turns a day. However, I anticipate this will not last forever. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I generally make my turn when I get to work in the morning and before I leave for the day.

Next week, I will be at a conference and may not be able to make more than a move a day unless there is free wi-fi in the rooms.

However, I was speaking more for others. When you start a game and make rules, you shouldn't change it in the middle. It's just not polite as people signed up expecting one thing and then the tables are turned part of the way through. Rome has asked for a 24 hour timer. I may have missed others.

Also, because of the way I take my turns (2 turns within a 9 hour window), if I ever go to war, I'm going to be double moving somebody most likely. Queuing during a war is not an option.

What happened to the original premise? From the first post for the Pitboss Diplo game:

Originally posted by CyberShy
            A pitboss game can a solution!
            The game starts with 1 session, after that it just continues turn by turn. Every turn takes as long as it needs (all players have finished their turn), diplomacy and story telling just continue during the week. People can even post small stories based on something that only happened in 1 turn.

Comment

• 11hr turn for a little while will not kill anyone. its not like we will stay in 11hr turns forever its just for a bit longer.

Comment

• However, I was speaking more for others. When you start a game and make rules, you shouldn't change it in the middle. It's just not polite as people signed up expecting one thing and then the tables are turned part of the way through.

That's what I said.
                Nothing wrong with asking if nobody has a problem with a quicker turn timer though. Then if someone has, we go to a 24h timer.

Also, because of the way I take my turns (2 turns within a 9 hour window), if I ever go to war, I'm going to be double moving somebody most likely. Queuing during a war is not an option.

Well, a double move is not a problem, except if it gives you an advantage vs the other player.
                But maybe it's a good idea to bring down the turn timer during war anyway.

What happened to the original premise? From the first post for the Pitboss Diplo game: Every turn takes as long as it needs

I can see the miscommunication.
                What I meant there is that someone who needs 1 hour to complete his turn can do it in 1 hour, someone who needs 5 seconds can do it in 5 seconds.

Of course all within the timeframe of the turn timer.

In real MP games people can try to hurry each other. In a pitboss game you can take the time for every move and every action.

There's of course still the problem of being able to play the turn somewhere in your schedule.

It can be advised to ask someone (another player?) to sub for you during a vacation or something.

Comment

• I like having the 24hr timer but all I’m saying is for a few more turns leave it on 11hr just to speed things up alittle more. After that we can go 24hr timer without any complaints.

Comment

• sounds good

Comment

• See if the great god king Ozzy agrees then who could possibly have a problem?

Comment

• Still no posts from HRE in Story thread.

He has been online and posted in our other threads.

Guys this sucks big time.

Total Posts: 292
                        User Posts
                        Pitboss Vikings 76
                        Pitboss Japan 42
                        Pitboss Rome 19
                        Pitboss Persia 17
                        Pitboss Portugal 16
                        Pitboss Maya 15
                        Pitboss Celts 14
                        Pitboss Korea 13
                        OzzyKP 13
                        Pitboss Greece 10
                        Pitboss Russia 10
                        Pitboss Khmer 10
                        Pitboss America 7
                        Pitboss Natives 7
                        The Capo 6
                        Pitboss Inca 4
                        classical_hero 4
                        Rasputin 3
                        LzPrst 2
                        deity 2
                        CyberShy 2

Comment

• how do you know if cyber post or no since he won't give his identity away for all you know he could be persia or japan deff not rome though. we can't force people to post stories if they don't want to or don't have time to.

Comment

• I may be Japan

Comment

• Comment

• Hey, my posts and Korea should be combined, or at least combine the ones I did, which begin when Gung Ye is captured by Wang Geon and his cronies.
                                "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Working...
                                X