Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this entire line of discussion proves that showing the votes, at least for right now, was a good idea.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• That's as clear as mud now...

"Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Jeez, these posts are going up pretty quick. Its like a chatroom in here.
        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
          I think this entire line of discussion proves that showing the votes, at least for right now, was a good idea.
          Well, I don't vote for Japan on principle but now I feel sorry for him... it effects the next vote sub-consciously; so I'm not sure it's a good idea...
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• But you shouldn't do that, you're supposed to vote on the merits of what they do, that's what I did at least.

One Love.

Comment

• I know this has nothing to do with the game, but has anyone seen that movie "Mongol?" Is it any good?

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
                But you shouldn't do that, you're supposed to vote on the merits of what they do, that's what I did at least.
                But I hate Japan!!

And all his chest thumping cr@p

jj
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Raz is right, it's not like a civ can gain 18 points per month per category.
                  A civ can get max 18 points per category at all.

Thus Greece got 18 points because it got say ie. 15 votes. Vikings got 17 points because it got say ie. 13 votes. If now the Vikings 14 votes next month and the Greek get 11 votes, then Vikings get a grand total of 13+14=28 and the Greek 15+11+26.
                  That means that the final score of Greece = 17 and the Vikings 18.

So the 18 and 17 points for Greece and Vikings in the story-category is not final but an in-between score that can change.

Right at this moment the Greek have 18 points for Story telling. That can sink to 3 in the end, but never get higher then that.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Wow. It appears that Rome is the ultimate Diplomat.

Comment

• Based on the results it would seem Korea is.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                        Based on the results it would seem Korea is.
                        Ultimate just sounds better than penultimate.

I'm just surprised, since most of my diplomacy was secret. In any case Korea is on another continent.

Or maybe I should redirect my efforts towards story and military accomplishments.

Comment

• Korea is NOT another continent

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitboss Vikings
                            i have a concern that some people may have voted for korea based on Capos great performance since taking over.

From what i seen there was little DIPLO stuff in June from Korea.
                            Great stuff in July from Capo though

MAy i suggest that if some people did erronously make their decision on votes for people based on Julys great stuff then they should go back and revote, becasue whilts i may be wrong and korea may have done some great things behind the scenes, it certainly didnt appear so.

Can people please remember that the first votes are only for June period

Anything from July onwards is the vote you doing now.

i think this is another reason that voting should be closed a lot earlier.

I think voting should close for July stuff by end of next week.

What do others think.
                            I actually that near the end of each month we are voting for the that month's actions, because the way the game score was done, it was done at the end of July, and I think that all the votes are really based on what happened in July rather than June, since I cannot remember what happened in June and plus I was too busy to even pay attention to it. So I think that we have missed out on one month's vote.

Comment

• Comment

• We can sorten the voting period. Now it's 1 month.
                                Shortening it to ie. 2 weeks may result in less people voting.

We have to wait with voting till the month is over, otherwise we lose some days (and thus some stories, diploing and war-moves).

That's why we start voting when the month is over.
                                I just let it last till the next month started to make sure that everyone had enough time to vote.

I'm fine with shortening it to two weeks. If not too many object we'll vote till August 14th of this month.

If people voted for stuff that happened in july instead of june then they should compensate that for the next month. Me myself strictly voted for what happened in June. I just skimmed through the thread to light up my memory again.

For July I will skim through the posts of July again.

We will not re-vote. That's not going to be fair anyway.
                                It's up to the players responsibility to vote in the right way.

Regarding the in-game score. It's true that I used the end of july score. But in the end it doesn't matter since we'll only use the final score.

None of the scores you have seen so far are final. Everything can and will change. It's only a temp-score.

The only thing that's solid are the votes.
                                Gained votes cannot be removed again but will add with all coming votes to a grand total. That total will be used to hand out the scores. (1-18 points per category)

Some people didn't vote for June, I have to wait for one persons clarification on which civ he is. (he voted using his personal mail and didn't make clear who he was. I've asked him to clarify through mail).

After that I will remove the votes for those who didn't vote. (which will result in a last-place in each voting-category for them.)

Things I need your opinion on right now:
                                - shall I shorten the voting period till August 14th?
                                - shall we have one-time mercy on those 4 who didn't vote and count their votes?
                                - shall I publish the votes as well? (not who voted but only how many votes every civ got)
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X