Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A History of the World XII" Planning/Sign-Up Thread...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps my above post mass-vote post wasn't as dripping with irony as I intended. perhaps my previous posts before that were not clear that we are voting for and only for Random or non-Random and nothing else until that is settled. I've therefore taken the nerve to add in a disclaimer in bold red letters, and will do so from now on to make sure that people don't misunderstand me.

and before you little sticklers come and whine, I counted aussie_lurker twice. he wouldnt stand still so I chopped his vote in half and distributed it equally between his choices. ok? ok!

Here is the new vote to sort out what kind of random map we're going to use. These are now the only thing we'll be voting on until these three are sorted out.

Now we have a whole new list of variables to sort out and it's going to go like this.

Vote nr. 1
    1. Continents
    2. Terra
    3. Big and Small
    4. Other

Vote nr.2
    To resource tweak or not to resource tweak?
    I. Yes
    II. No

Vote nr.3
    Shallow sea lanes?
    A. Yes
    B. No
    C. Yes, but make it really hard.
    Last edited by LzPrst; January 21, 2008, 04:13.
    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• 1.) 2

2.) I

3.) B

Comment

• Current Vote Tally. Get on the bandwagon, it's soon time to play!

Vote nr.1
        1. Continents
        2. Terra:
        2, Pinchak, Lzprst
        3. Big and Small
        4. Other

Vote nr.2
        To resource tweak or not?
        I. Yes:
        2, Pinchak, Lzprst

Vote nr.3
        Shallow Sea lanes?
        A. Yes
        B. No: 1, Pinchak
        C. Yes, but difficult: 1, Lzprst

Non-Voters as to date:
        Asmodeus, Aussie_Lurker, Capo, Deity, Heraclitus, Toni, Trev
        Last edited by LzPrst; January 21, 2008, 04:23.

Comment

• Vote nr. 1
          2. Terra

Vote nr.2
          To resource tweak or not to resource tweak?
          I. Yes

Vote nr.3
          Shallow sea lanes?
          B. No
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Vote nr.1
            1. Continents
            2. Terra:
            3, Pinchak, Lzprst, deity
            3. Big and Small
            4. Other

Vote nr.2
            I. Yes:
            3, Pinchak, Lzprst, deity

II. No

Vote nr.3
            Shallow Sea lanes?
            A. Yes
            B. No:
            2, Pinchak, deity
            C. Yes, but difficult: 1, Lzprst

Non-Voters as to date:
            Asmodeus, Aussie_Lurker, Capo, Heraclitus, Toni, Trev
            Last edited by LzPrst; January 21, 2008, 11:11.

Comment

• Vote nr 1: 3...no 2....no 3-dammit!!! Seriously guys, put one each for me against 2 & 3 .

Vote nr 2: Yes, definitely resource tweak.

Vote nr 3: Shallow Sea Lanes, but make them very few & far between. i.e. make it REALLY HARD!

Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

• vote 1 4 Fractal but 3 as 2nd choice
                vote 2 ? Unsure what resource tweaking does
                vote 3 B No

Comment

• vote 1: Terra
                  vote 2: Don't care
                  vote 3: C Make it hard, perhaps like the Greenland thing I proposed.
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Who's idea was it to make this thing so damn complicated to begin with?

How did we get to this impasse?

I am going to say it again, because I'm tired of "voting" on something over and over again when it ultimately doesn't matter.

I want to play on a random map, not terra, no tweaking of sea lanes just play with what we get. Leave the resources, there is nothing wrong with the way we have played diplogames, or the way they've gone just the situation between the players. I dont' think the map is ever going to solve this.

And just so Lz sees it, because I've said this over and over again:

RANDOM MAP. NOT TERRA. CONTINENTS AND ISLANDS. I GUESS LARGE MAP. LEAVE THE RESOURCES AS THEY COME, LEAVE THE OCEANS AS THEY COME. LETS JUST PLAY.
                    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Another thing we're doing that I don't like is this...

You are basically giving us four options A, B, C, and D.

Now just because A wins the vote, doesn't mean that it would win if there were only two options to vote for, or if there were five. Do you get me?

Say ten people vote;

A - Five people
                      B- Two people
                      C- One person
                      D- Two people

Now just because A wins that vote, doesn't mean that if it was only A and D that it wouldn't be tied. So in actuality its not an actual victory for A in the sense that we are discussing.

I just think the way we're voting is skewed to favor Earth and Terra rules, that's all.
                      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• WARNING: SARCASM PRESENT BELOW!!!

capo, you're starting to annoy me. people wanted an earth map, but in all fairness, you and some others didn't. so we held a vote. as you can see, the vote was almost a tie, especially after Toni went from Random to Earth. Random won by 0.5 vote. but by all means, why give a damn what half the player pool wants. let's just do what you want!

Some people suggested we should redistribute resources a bit, to be specific, cluster certain resources in certain areas. that was originally suggested if we played the earth map, but it seemed to have some merit and some support, so I figured it would be fair to put it to a vote to see if the same principle that got support for one map would have any support for the Random map we've chosen. Also, with some likelyhood we would get a neutral party (Ozzy) to check the map beforehand for any crazy flukes or discrepancies, as we have done before. again. I am so sorry that I disrespected your wishes, by only giving you one vote. I'll correct this for the next vote by giving you 9 votes so that you can win any vote by yourself.

the same thing with the sea lanes. it might just turn out to be quite boring to be stuck on a continent just 2 players until Astronomy. that's a risk if we chose Continents. and if we don't look at the map one player might be stuck ALONE on a continent until astronomy. how fun will that DIPLOGAME be? never mind, Capo knows best, we'll do whatever you say. fine with me.

now let me make this perfectly clear. I am not Captain Ahab. I have no delusions of grandure. I have no obsessions or agendas. I want to get this game going. I also want everyone to get their say in the matter as they'll be participating for some time. If I were in charge I would say, forget about what people want, we'll do this. But I am not in charge. I am merely sorting out what people want. Now my last votes have not been very difficult. The options were:
                        Earth
                        Not Earth
                        Dont care

the results were not earth. play with that all you want, htere's not much skewing possible.

the next votes are:
                        SINCE WE ARE NOT PLAYING EARTH. WHAT KIND OF RANDOM DO PEOPLE WANT?
                        Terra.
                        Continents
                        Big and Small
                        Other

now if one of these gets a clear majority, then problem solved isn't it? if not we can arrange a finalist vote if you want, but you're saying you're fed up with votes! do you want to just do the honors yourself? you say we're at an impasse?? ONLY BECAUSE YOU'RE INTERRUPTING THE CURRENT VOTE WITH YOUR BABBLE!!!!

and the other 2 votes are not exactly difficult to sort out either. Yes/No/Middle

Now when this vote is finished, without any further interruptions. We will have our map type. we will know if we're going to play around with it and we will have those issues SORTED OUT: FINISHED! And we are on the way except for you SCREAMING OUT "THIS IS WHAT I WANT. HEAR THAT!!! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT!!!"

WELL FINE!! I SEE IT. I GET IT. AND FURTHERMORE, IT IS ¤#%ING DULY NOTED!!! BUT YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I got pm's from Mr.Lincoln,
                          he wants to post in this thread, but he can't.
                          He wants to be a part of this game and sent me his civ choises.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Vote nr.1
                            1. Continents: 1, Capo
                            2. Terra:
                            4.5, Pinchak, Lzprst, deity, Heraclitus, (Aussie_Lurker)
                            3. Big and Small: 0.5 (Aussie_Lurker)
                            4. Other: 1, Trev

Vote nr.2
                            I. Yes:
                            4, Pinchak, Lzprst, deity, Aussie_Lurker
                            II. No: 1, Capo
                            -Undecided: 2, Trev, Heraclitus

Vote nr.3
                            Shallow Sea lanes?
                            A. Yes
                            B. No:
                            4, Pinchak, deity, Trev, Capo
                            C. Yes, but difficult: 3, Lzprst, Aussie_Lurker, Heraclitus

Non-Voters as to date:
                            Asmodeus, Toni,
                            Last edited by LzPrst; January 21, 2008, 20:23.

Comment

• IT IS ¤#%ING DULY NOTED!!!
                              Good thing we are playing anonomisly.

vast list of things was MEANT to be confusing and unwieldly. it was a rhetorical ploy to get people in line and shut everybody up for a second so that we could finish the damned vote. apparently it backfired

Comment

• Toni Votes:

I.

B.
                                Last edited by Toni; January 21, 2008, 13:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X