Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, here is a test I ran with 13 civs on a normal sea level huge terra map. I think it is perfect. A few people are cramped, a few people have good amounts of land. But that just leads to good variety in the game.
    Attached Files
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Ozzy, you can put me with the first option. I do not care about such a system but I'll vote for it anyway. I won't abstain in this.

About that terra map, most civs can have 3 or 4 cities on that map (new world excluded). That's even less then HOTWV.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• It would be nice to go low sea levels guys

Comment

• I think it'd be nice to have a diplomatic victory, like if someone puts forward the resolution of diplomatic victory, and everyone votes for who they want with no abstains. (Cyber's mod, maybe) It'd be a whole lot of fun getting votes and such.

But I abstain for the vote (no pun intended).

Comment

• doesnt seem to be much opposition to a voting system... so far we've had a few maybe's and a few yes-men. as it will require some book-keeping I suggest that the proponents of the system be the ones to keep track of it. that would be me and ozzy. should we just use what you suggested oz? I can print it out and have it by my comp when we play. I suggest you do the same so that we have a double book-keeping thing going to prevent errors and such.

Also, I insist on normal sea level. for several reasons. there should be some space issues. this will lead to more competition and thus more diplo and as a result more fun. also, navies should be an option. reducing the amount of water will reduce the effectiveness of navies and thus remove one potentially very important alternative strategy, namely naval power. If you look at the map ozzy posted there is lots of room for expansion, but also good for sea power. I'm gonna make a huge map with low sea level and we can compare.
            Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• here's a low sea level huge map with 13 players. I have to be honest and say that it looks far less interesting than what ozzy posted. I'll make some more.

Last edited by LzPrst; August 21, 2006, 16:01.

Comment

• this last one is a normal map. slightly better in my opinion. ozzy's map post is however one of the most interesting I've seen. I say we hope for something like that.

Comment

• This map script could provide a solution. I'm going to give it a trial and see what I can generate.
                  Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                  "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• BTW, how do you take a full map shot? Or are those pics just blow-ups of the minimap?
                    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

• those are a cut-out from the retire screen

Comment

• Ahhh... ok.

Well, here's my first attempt with the default settings(*) of the Tectonics Map Script:

I started with random civs, and ended up with this lot. Only India is totally isolated until the Caravel, yet India has and island which is 95% Grass and 95% Jungle. They also started by the only river on the island (this is part of the map script, not luck).

* 70% Water (Earthlike), Tropical, Huge
                        Last edited by MMC; August 21, 2006, 17:18.

Comment

• I like it! though it seems slightly too nice. with the exception of MMC's start everyone else has unending stretches of beautiful grassland...

Also, some civs are totally isolated until someone develops astronomy. quite boring for them I fear. not much diplo in it...

Comment

• That was just my first fling with that script. I can lessen the amount of water, but the script is designed to ensure everyone has a decent start. It also tries to ensure everyone starts on the same continent, unless you select the Islands mode. And even India didn't lose out entirely (see my edit above).

I'll try again with 60% water.

Comment

• toying around with it myself. interesting.... but it lacks a 2nd continent unpopulated. maybe we could combine this script with the terra script. creating a map type that has

A. The "bundling" of terrain types (very nice, also quite natural and realistic, though slightly more fractured would be good)
                              B. 1-5 continents within galley range or with land bridges where all players start.
                              C. Another continent located across an ocean without any players in it.

but after reviewing this kind of map, my personal feeling is that each civ has way way waaaaaaay to much space on their hands.

Comment

• Here we go:

Comment

Working...
                                X