X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Plus as Lz noted, the land forms are more intersting.
      Attached Files

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• good news (i think) omni has internet on the 7th of september and would like to join if it is still possible to fit him in.
        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• At the same level of zoom for HOTWV.

The capitols of Russia, China & Spain are about as far apart as pretty much every civ in the Huge test map I ran. It is good to have a few civs have that much land, but if every civ does... I dunno, that seems like it would be boring.

Remember of course that in Civ4 you can do a lot more with less cities, and expanding too much is very harmful.

If everyone had the land China, Spain & Russia had, would the new world have been fully settled? Or would people be hemmed in too much by maintenance and just leave it alone. Would people feel a need to conquer if they've got all the land they need? I dunno.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by LzPrst
            If I fall in the tundra I'm gonna re-read my asimov, I recommend them highly.
            "Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
            Mayor Salvor Hardin.
            First of all, I just want to say that was a good book and I love that quote. I apply that principle in my own RL. And, not everyone has to abide by that in-character. Part of the fun of role-playing is acting like someone you would never act like in RL. Wars of anihilation can be role-played. There are many historical examples too numerous and popular to mention. Like in RL, everyone wants to live, so the international community will quickly recognize that it is everyone's best interest to promptly wipe out the warmonger.

I'm now on the fence on the sea level issue. There are good arguments for it and against it.
            "When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill

Comment

• Also, I have to ask again: what is everyone voting Random-Yes on?

What value does everyone want to be random?

Again, these are the Map Options:

Map:
              Size:
              Climate:
              Sea Level:
              Era:
              Speed:
              World Wrap:
              Resources:

Wolrd Wrap and Speed cannot be random. The other settings have been debated. Are we voting to start in a random era?
              "When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel_Treize
                Are we voting to start in a random era?
                No we're not. As far as I understand it, the whole point is to recreate all of history our own way.
                Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• I think this is where we are at so far:

Balanced: YES: 1, NO: 10 [SETTLED]
                  YES: Frank
                  NO: Deity, Toni, Schtix, Colonel, CyberShy, LzPrst, Kuno, Ozzy, Prussia, MMC

Low Sea levels: YES: 5, NO/na: 6
                  YES: Deity, Toni, Schtix, Prussia, MMC
                  NO: Colonel, LzPrst, Ozzy, CyberShy, Kuno, Frank

Tropical: YES: 2, NO/na: 9[SETTLED]
                  YES: Kuno, Frank
                  NO: Deity, Schtix, Colonel, CyberShy, LzPrst, Ozzy, Toni, Prussia, MMC
                  "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel_Treize
                    Also, I have to ask again: what is everyone voting Random-Yes on?

What value does everyone want to be random?

Again, these are the Map Options:

Map:
                    Size:
                    Climate:
                    Sea Level:
                    Era:
                    Speed:
                    World Wrap:
                    Resources:

Wolrd Wrap and Speed cannot be random. The other settings have been debated. Are we voting to start in a random era?
                    Except for sea levels this is how the settings are looking:
                    Attached Files
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Random simply means we use the Terra map generated by the host at game start time (ie not loading a pre-made map)
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• I'm starting to feel that waiting TWO MORE WEEKS is too much.

We should start next week and arrange subs for those who can't play during the first session.
                        It's madness to wait 2, or even 3 if Capo turns up later, more weeks. We've figured out most of the settings, the rules, we did a very very good preparation for the game, if we wait more weeks people will lose interest or might start other lengthy games.
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• You have a good point cyber, but the first session(s) are extremely vital, not only for playstyle and plans, but also for getting the feel of your civ. Capo probably has some kind of plan outlined for how he wants to play his civ and the first few sessions Are extremely important for this.

perhaps we can ask capo to use an internet cafe or borrow a friends comp? surely he must be able to get hold of a computer somehow for a few hours each week? maybe he could set his comp up at ozzy....

if not, we have another option. we could run a few normal speed test games on the allotted time schedule to get the feel for multiplayer warlords. I would very much like to start now, but we told capo we would wait for him. and I know that if it was me, then I would have appreciated it a lot if you would wait. and finally, we have been setting this up for 2-3 months already. another 2 weeks will not run off anyone. we're hard core dedicated players here
                          Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• How can u be sure it will be another 2 weeks, lets hope u are right, strange 12-13 ppl waiting just on one person. I can live with 2 weeks, hope it doesn't turns into a month the way its going i won't be suprised

Comment

• Hope Ozzy talked to him or will!

Comment

• [b]We can play for fun tonight with as much as possible people. Just normal speed but Huge Terra etc. It'll be fun and we can see how it performs with much players.

We can continue our quick fun game next week if we want. I just wanna play

I'll be online at Game time (23:00 UTC) and I'll send everyone the AIM names tonight by mail and PM. Everybody be there if you can (just for fun))
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X