Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank: do you REALLY want that all resources are available to everybody? Isn't that a huge let down? The end of trade relations?
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• As for the vote so far...

Yes/No

Terra 7 (passed)
      Huge 7 (passed)
      Random 7 (passed)

Balanced 4/3
      Low sea 4/1 (2 abstain)
      Tropical 6/1

Seems I'm outvoted (so far) on the low sea and tropical. However, I demand that those who vote in favor of the Balanced option read the thread I have posted under here. If you vote because you believe that the circumstances described are the best for the game then I am fine with that, but if you vote without knowing what you vote for then you're setting yourself (and all of us) up for a lot of annoyance by maybe voting for something that you really dont want. Here's the thread again.

Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• What LzPrst says is true! Don't vote for ballanced unless you really want that all players have all resources (thus every player has coal, iron, copper, horses, etc.) and there's no reason at all to trade with your neighbours for it.

Comment

• Thanks for the vote tally lz

I'll have a think about the Balanced issue and may change my vote.

As far as I'm concerned the bottom line is to win. Although I appreciate what Kuno did in HOTW5 to make a good storyline you'll never find me doing that.

ozzy, can you get hold of Capo? I really think we should start this week. You guys started HOTW5 before I was available and I picked up an AI civ. Maybe Raz or someone could start up Capo's civ? Everyone seems ready to start. I'll be here before start time this week to see what gives - at least a big test.
          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• U know what after thinking about the balance issue a bit, i will change my vote to NO. I agree with CyberShy and LzPrst

Comment

• I agree with Deity, we should find a sub for Capo for the first sessions. I didn't want to start without THe Capo because I dislike AI's at the game's start, but with a human-sub we won't have that problem.

New Tally:
              Terra 7 (passed)
              Huge 7 (passed)
              Random 7 (passed)

Balanced 2/6
              Low sea 4/1 (2 abstain)
              Tropical 6/1

I'll post the check-table once again as well and check if all players can really receive e-mails through Poly since I do suddenly doubt that. (after I tried to mail someone through poly 8) apparantly there's always a 'e-mail him' link, sometimes a 'that's impossible' message when you click it though )

Comment

• Updated below
                Last edited by Robert; August 23, 2006, 17:51.

Comment

• BTW, I have great trust in these players! All have stayed active and interested in this game, eventhough we still haven't played a single turn. I don't believe that anybody who has putted that much energy already in the game is a quiter. Great guys!

If Rasputin can send me his AIM name (and OmnipotentTrout when he's back) then I'll spread all AIM names.

the e-mail column has been updated! 6 players aren't able to be e-mailed through apolyton. It's of course up to you if you want to enable it or not (LzPrst already expressed that he checks poly more often then his e-mail and therefor prefers PM's). Me myself think that every possibility to reach each other is good! But let's use the forum and PM primary.

I have the telephonenumbers of a number of players as well. If people want to share it, please pm it to me and I'll share all telephone numbers I have. That's just for cases that you can't be online for the game so we can contact you. (like: are you coming? reply: I'll be there in 15 minutes). It's just up to you if you want to share your (cell)phone or not.

(I remember playing a diplogame civ2 and one of the players (Martin from England) didn't show up so I called him, then his wife picked up the phone and said: "No way I'm going to wake him up, he's sleeping." and I said: "But he wants you to wake him up!" and she: "NO, not for a silly computer game."
                  Oh well, women will never understand it (you will Nolan, you're a good woman ) (I just told my wife to ALWAYS wake me up if people call ) (she said: "No, not for a silly game ")

Comment

• Nolan isn't very active either, Nolan, are you reading this?
                    Deity, you never read your PM's, do you

Comment

• I will give out my email to anyone here who asks for it, but I have other reasons for not enabling it on poly.
                      Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                      "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• nolan has a busy schedule I believe. She will probably be around when she has time.

As for starting early, I cant start this friday. no go. earliest for me is the 1st of september. also, I think we should wait till the 8th for Capo. if ozzy can send him a message asking if he wouldnt mind too much someone playing his first session OR if he can maybe pull a few tricks out of his hat to be ready for the 8th.

regardless, I am willing to wait (a little).
                        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• If you are counting my vote, guys, I'm changing it to:

Balanced: No
                          Low Sea: No
                          Tropical: No

Like I said, I have YIM and MSN. I believe my email options are also activated in Poly. Why not use me as a sub rather than have Ras play two civs?
                          "When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill

Comment

• There's nothing to stop you playing in both games. I might join the other one too, if it doesn't get out of hand.
                            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

• I talking about how some people were suggesting Ras play as a sub as well as his main civ in HOTW7.
                              "When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill

Comment

• No... the suggestion was that he play as a sub because he didn't want to play as a main player anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X