Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST
    I agree.
    Were it not for the military exercise grounds and the tank museum, no one would know the Munster near Hamburg (aside from the poeple living there, of course
    And even with these things in place I doubt that many people in germany know of Munster

Münster on the other hand, I think most people in germany know of this city, for the reasons you mentioned.
    And for those that don't speak German; they are pronounced quite differently.

Munster is just that: Mun-shter.

Münster is more like: Meewn-shter.

Tom P.

Comment

• ü = y in German.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• ü guys
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• There is also a Munster in southern Ireland. Ulm is in Swabia, near the Bavarian border; I believe the official province is Baden-Wuerttemberg (incidentally my family's home province too).

Originally posted by Dis
          Let me compile a quick list... Mexico, United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Spain, France, Germany, Serbia, Austria, Hungary, Russia, Poland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Italy, Greece, Egypt, Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Israel, China, India, Mongolia, Japan, Korea, Philappines. I know I'm leaving out several smaller european countries, and many african and asian ones. There just can only be so many civs in a game.
          Nah. If they want all those then they can play Europa Universalis 2.
          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Originally posted by padillah
            No. Actually if anyone started this it was either DirtyMartini (Post 251):

Anyone else think adding a bunch more marginal civs -- portugese, dutch, mayans --- takes away more than it adds?...
            Yes he did, he was the one to bring America into the discussion.

Comment

• Yeah.... I went back and found it: Post #310

Familiar is different things for different people, that's my whole point. I personally think it's ludicrous the Zulus and Americans are in the game,

Sorry about that DirtyMartini.

That still doesn't make him a coward. Simply because he realises the absurdity of trying to talk to people that take this subject way to seriously.

People from the United States of America (there's more than one America you know) have a stick up their collective butts about what they feel they deserve and it spills over into stupid crap like being included in videogames. It's a video game! Who cares?! The United States weren't in Civ I (or Civ II either I believe).

As for belonging in Civ or not; it's hard to say. The US has only been around for a little more than 230 years. But, to deny the only current superpower in the world as being significant enough to place is a hard debate.

All in all I see this as a senseless waste. The significance of any given empire being included in a video game is miniscule at best.

My original stand was that, to me, it looks like they are getting to the point of diminishing returns per adding civs to the game. I don't know how much more value they add than is already present.

Give us the ability to make our own civs and then you won't have to... hey wait - They DID!

Tom P.

Comment

The United States weren't in Civ I (or Civ II either I believe).
                Actually, America has been in all Civilization games to date. Lincoln was the American leader in Civ I (Battle Hymn of the Republic was the diplomacy music), the male leader in Civ II along with Eleanor Roosevelt as the female leader.

Comment

• Are you sure? I swear I remember them "adding" America at some point.

You sure they weren't in an xpack for Civ I?

You're messin' with childhood memories here, man.

Tom P.

Comment

• Civ1 had Americans as a civ. And there were no XP for Civ1. Other than if you count CivNet as a XP.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• They were in Civ1.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Are you sure? I swear I remember them "adding" America at some point.

You sure they weren't in an xpack for Civ I?

You're messin' with childhood memories here, man.

Tom P.
                        I don't think there was an expansion pack for Civ I, but I am certain they were in.

Civ I:

From Firaxis' site

Image attached for Civ II.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Oh God!! What else about my childhood is wrong?!?!?

Tom P.

Comment

• You don't want to know.

Comment

• THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

• Ah, fond memories...

Comment

Working...
                                X