Civ4: Omega Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cartimandua

AMEN! I've had to nuke Montezuma twelve too many times! And it's even worse when Tokugawa, Isabella, and Caesar are right next door.
    You think thats bad. I once began between Ceaser, Isabella, Monty, and Napoleon with Alexander and Cyrus nearby when playing as Asoka.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

• Originally posted by Will9
      You think thats bad. I once began between Ceaser, Isabella, Monty, and Napoleon with Alexander and Cyrus nearby when playing as Asoka.
      Maybe the new expansion will focus on Peaceniks.
      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Currently not running emancipation gives one unhappy face for every other civ that has adopted the civic. This puts players at a disadvantage if they play with more civs since (with the future exception of vassals) there are no additional ways to make back that happiness as the number of civs increases.

I'd like to see unhappiness proportional to the percentage of the population living under emancipation with which the civ has open borders with a lower limit kept at one unhappiness. This gives an upper limit to the amount of unhappiness experienced by not emancipating your citizens which is independent of the number of civs in the game. It also allows the player to reduce the amount of unhappiness at the expense of trade routes and foreign relations.
        LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

• A wonder I really want to see back in the game is Darwin's Voyage!

Comment

• Do you want the circumnavigation bonus removed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thedrin
              I'd like to see unhappiness proportional to the percentage of the population living under emancipation with which the civ has open borders with a lower limit kept at one unhappiness. This gives an upper limit to the amount of unhappiness experienced by not emancipating your citizens which is independent of the number of civs in the game. It also allows the player to reduce the amount of unhappiness at the expense of trade routes and foreign relations.
              I'm not sure about unhappiness only being generated by 'open-border-civs', but unhappiness proportional to % of population instead of no. of civs is definitely a must.

EDIT: What still needs to be clarified is the upper limit for unhappiness due to 'non-emancipation' in your model. Currently, it is six on a standard map (if all civs but you have adopted emancipation).
              "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

• I've deliberatly not specified that. I'd lean towards the upper limits possible on larger map with standard numbers of civs but I'm not really bothered about that.

I'm in favour of the open border part - having to choose between happiness/production and trade routes/foreign relations - to choose the negative effect of not adopting emancipation. Historically governments have closed borders to reduce the effects of dangerous foreign ideas (though I'd like to see a guaranteed minimum of one unhappiness if any civ has adopted emancipation).

Comment

• I'd really like to see non-aggression pacts, and maybe an alliance function that's a step down from the Permanent Alliance - an entente for a certain period of time, or something...
                  "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                  "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                  The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• I also think that spies should have a lot bigger part of the game than they have now! Unlimmited spies, and indeed like CIV2! Tech stealing. and importend: If city's can have a spy for defense against enemy spies. The more spies the city have the more the change is on catching enemy spies.

COLD WAR options! Spies can be part of this, also other new units like you have in Call to power2 to get money from a enemy civ.

Better and larger diplomacy options, yes you can never have enough diplomacy options!

Ohhh a NUKE should destroy all units in a city exept if they have a shelter!
                    Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

• Originally posted by Beatie
                      I also think that spies should have a lot bigger part of the game than they have now! Unlimmited spies, and indeed like CIV2!
                      I like your Cold War ideas, but I think it has been said before that Firaxis is not going to include Civ2-style espionage due to similarities to terrorism, and the US's current situation. I think they even made it so that games with terrorist content have to have an 'M' rating or something like that.

Anybody know for sure?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander01
                        I like your Cold War ideas, but I think it has been said before that Firaxis is not going to include Civ2-style espionage due to similarities to terrorism, and the US's current situation. I think they even made it so that games with terrorist content have to have an 'M' rating or something like that.
                        It's unbelievable that the US govt even got something to say in the games bussiness!Spying is not terrorism! Besides Spying IS in the game, you can do some 'sabotage' to city's. Sabotage is closer to terrorism than just stealing tech for example.

About cold war, we are talking about things like: paying money to use some kind of propaganda for your civ, so that the targeted civ people wants to join your civ, and they getting unhappy en refuse work. Having lots of cultural points than could have another meaning if you use propaganda on another civ.

In CTP2 you could use bilology warfare, I think that's is just as worse as Nukes, so I can't see no reason to also use it in a CIV game like this.

I also think about other ways to create some counter massures against the propaganda. Civ's should be able to change govt, and make it like the USSR. So less contact with other civ's with penalty's for that civ.
                        Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01

About cold war, we are talking about things like: paying money to use some kind of propaganda for your civ, so that the targeted civ people wants to join your civ, and they getting unhappy en refuse work. Having lots of cultural points than could have another meaning if you use propaganda on another civ.

In CTP2 you could use bilology warfare, I think that's is just as worse as Nukes, so I can't see no reason to also use it in a CIV game like this.

I also think about other ways to create some counter massures against the propaganda. Civ's should be able to change govt, and make it like the USSR. So less contact with other civ's with penalty's for that civ.
                          Hey, I agree. I think spies are way underpowered as it stands. I'd love to be able to do something useful with them.

Comment

• Perhaps even different kinds of spies? I would love to have a 007

withoud kidding, I remember in CIV2 a spy cost very little shields (yes these days hammers where called shields ) I think they have to cost way more! Otherwise every civ builds a very large number of them. I remember if I where behind with the tech tree, my spy army was taking care of the techs that I needed to keep up with the AI
                            I also rememberd that you could take one tech from each city, but those where always succesfull. Very nice was the thing that you could establish a embassy with a rival civ. During peace time you can view information about your rival civ, like how many units they have.

Comment

Perhaps even different kinds of spies? I would love to have a 007

withoud kidding, I remember in CIV2 a spy cost very little shields (yes these days hammers where called shields ) I think they have to cost way more! Otherwise every civ builds a very large number of them. I remember if I where behind with the tech tree, my spy army was taking care of the techs that I needed to keep up with the AI
                              I also rememberd that you could take one tech from each city, but those where always succesfull. Very nice was the thing that you could establish a embassy with a rival civ. During peace time you can view information about your rival civ, like how many units they have.
                              Regardless of what specific features they could add, they definitely need to add something to espionage.

Comment

• You know, maybe the Olmecs wouldn't be too bad.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Except we still don't know that much about them.

And the Mayans need to come first.

Comment

Working...
                                X