Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2K Games Announces Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adagio
    Great, now Firaxis will have to add one more Civ to the game, just to make sure people wont believe in Locutus' 'inside info' in the future
    Or one less... *ducks*

Originally posted by LordShiva
    No Indian scenarios? But we have history too
    You have too much history, that's the problem. I mean, from the Harappa on to today is what? 5000 years?
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
      Or one less... *ducks*
      Don't give them any ideas
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
        -- yes I know largely what will be in Warlords and no I'm not telling you ),
        Are you providing any scenarios for Warlords Locutus? You did do something for the vanilla game didn't you?

Comment

No Indian scenarios? But we have history too
          Let's see, you were beaten by Alexander, beaten by the Muslims, beaten by the British. Sorry a scenario where you're guarenteed to lose isn't very appealing?

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

Gah, I knew I messed that up but forgot to edit my post. I was confused, it's 6 new scenarios, not 6 new civs. (While I know largely know what features the XP will have, fine details such as what/how many civs it has have so far been kept from me as well, so no legal issues there )
            If only they had probing interrogators like myself in the White House Press Room.

Unique buildings, eh? Interesting.

But... Gauls? Really? Are we sure that's not just a filler for a Rome scenario?

EDIT: And please, Loc & Solver & everyone else who has even informal ties to TPTB... gently persuade them to include the randomize map option? Pretty please?
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Bring back the throne room!

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                Let's see, you were beaten by Alexander, beaten by the Muslims, beaten by the British. Sorry a scenario where you're guarenteed to lose isn't very appealing?
                And yet, we're still here, and you'd better watch out
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Are you pushing for Indira Gandhi?
                  The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                  "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                  "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                  The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by polarnomad
                    Bring back the throne room!
                    They said in an interview some time ago, that they had some ideas to make the throne room great, or something like that
                    They mentioned that they hope it could be in the XP, but they wasn't sure

Or at least that's if my memory is not filled with corrupt data, as it usually is...
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I think I remember hearing abotu that too. I'd love to see the throne room again.
                      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                        According to gamer.no, a Norwegian gaming site, C4:W will have 6 new civs. And 6 new scenarios. And 10 new leaders and units, 3 new wonders and new resources. Three of the new civs are the Vikings(yay! ), Carthage and Gaul. The new scenarios is about the forming of China, Athens vs Sparta, Alexander the great's conquests, the Viking raids in Europe, Rome at its height, and the conquests of Genghis Khan. All civs will get a new unique building in addition to the UU. Sounds great.

Does sound great. I wonder what the unique buildings will be? And I hope the Gauls is for the Roman scen. If they were going to include a "barbarian" European civ from that time period, I'd much rather have the Goths.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                          According to gamer.no, a Norwegian gaming site, C4:W will have 6 new civs. And 6 new scenarios. And 10 new leaders and units, 3 new wonders and new resources. Three of the new civs are the Vikings(yay! ), Carthage and Gaul. The new scenarios is about the forming of China, Athens vs Sparta, Alexander the great's conquests, the Viking raids in Europe, Rome at its height, and the conquests of Genghis Khan. All civs will get a new unique building in addition to the UU. Sounds great.
                          No WW2? Then why the WW2 leaders? Especially since England and Russia already have two?

Other than that, sounds good

Originally posted by Willem
                          Are you providing any scenarios for Warlords Locutus? You did do something for the vanilla game didn't you?
                          Not sure I could tell you if I was, but no, not this time -- at least not as designer. I *am* working on a new scenario though, but on my own. That's every bit as ambitious as any Firaxis scenario is ever going to be (I actually pitched it to Firaxis, but for the vanilla game it was too complex, and for Warlords there were other issues I can't go into -- so I figured I could either wait for expansion pack 2 or 3 or do it myself, and I'm not patient enough to wait that long )

And yes, I did Desert War for the vanilla game (with Dale and Isak) and helped Rhye with the scripting of Greek World (as well as a fair bit of playtesting for another scenario that in the end wasn't released (can't go into details as I don't know what the future plans for it are)).
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well, it's possible that the Gaulish civ in the Roman scenario could be the Celtic amalgam civ we've seen before, though I'd like to see Vercingetorix as the leader rather than Cunobelin or Brennus. He's much more famous, but maybe the name's too long. I just hope that they give it a good capital this time, maybe Alesia? Entremont was dumb, so was Cardiff.

I'd like to see some Goths too, with either Alaric the Visigoth or Theodoric the Ostrogoth.

If there's only six civs coming, and three are Gaul, Carthage, and Vikings, then I'd hope the other three are Babylon, Turkey, and Korea.

If there's only ten leaders, then the extra four we've already seen. 6 leaders for the new civs, plus Ramses?, Churchill, Stalin, Augustus.

If we've got Gaul, Carthage and Vikings, I'd think the leaders would be Vercingetorix, Hannibal, and Ragnar Lodbrok or Knut.

Oh, for more info!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01
                              Are you pushing for Indira Gandhi?
                              Nooo...
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Nooo...
                                Goood...

Comment

Working...
                                X