No announcement yet.

1.08 Patch is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I uninstall it now? I was up late enough and managed to be running the game at exactly the right time... to get the buggy patch.

Now I have to wonder will the next patch... patch the patch??

Umm, yeah... How do I uninstall it?

Tom P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuie
      According to Chieftess over at CFC, the patch was pulled because a bug slipped through. See here:

If that's true, they will need to a) fix the bug, b) test the patch in house (Firaxis) and c) have the patch re-QA'd (Take 2).

So prepare to wait some more.

That's sadly true, let's say at least around 2-3 weeks.

Gunter

Comment

• It would be interesting to know more about the bug.

Is it a bug that wasn´t there previously (i.e. a new bug created by the patch)
        or is it just so that one of the bugs the patch should fix isn´t fixed by tha patch (so that you get a patch which fixes a lot of issues with the unpatched version of Civ IV without creating any new bugs [which would really be a reason to get the patch, no matter what the QA says ])
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by padillah
          How do I uninstall it now? I was up late enough and managed to be running the game at exactly the right time... to get the buggy patch.

Tom P.
          Padillah: I think you'll need to uninstall Civ4 and install it fresh.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• *faints*

No, please don't say that.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Originally posted by padillah
              How do I uninstall it now? I was up late enough and managed to be running the game at exactly the right time... to get the buggy patch.

Tom P.
              Since you already have the patch installed, I would suggest that you try it and see whether the game works better or worse for you before you go to the trouble to uninstall it. Some people seem to have trouble with it, but others get better results with it than without. If you do need to uninstall the patch, I think I picked up on a rumbling that the installer on the Civ IV CD can do it (or something along those lines), but I haven't checked it out.

Comment

• Where can I get the buggy patch? I couldn't open saves before, then I reinstalled, and now I can't play more than max a turn inside the game before the screen gets lots of funny colour stripes all over the place. So I doubt I'll suffer from trying the patch...
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I'm not sure, but I think that my CTD problem has been allieviated.

/me hopes that he's not jinxing himself

I opened a save after doing the auto update thing before it was shut off... so far so good.
                  Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• So we have no patch, right? My "update" command says no update is found.

Comment

• No patch but a flawed one it seems. And that one is not available anymore. But I do hope someone will upload it soon...
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handel
                        So we have no patch, right? My "update" command says no update is found.
                        Correct the patch was pulled.
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by vee4473
                          by the way, do you pronounce Firaxis Fire-axis or Fur-axis?
                          FEER-aks-is

Comment

• You know, I would apprexiate if Firaxis allowed the release of beta patches. With a disclaimer saying that' it is beta, guarenteed to have bugs, etc. etc., but it would be great for those who are impatient. I remember they did it with a patch in CFC.
                            "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                            "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                            Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by yin26

Padillah: I think you'll need to uninstall Civ4 and install it fresh.

That's not funny! You take that back!    ()

Oh, man. I don't know about the most played but this is quickly becoming the most installed game I have ever had.

Well, since I'm only missing WB I'll just hang in until they release a... patch patch?

Tom P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai
                                Where can I get the buggy patch? I couldn't open saves before, then I reinstalled, and now I can't play more than max a turn inside the game before the screen gets lots of funny colour stripes all over the place. So I doubt I'll suffer from trying the patch...
                                All due respect but we have been asked to not post the buggy patch. (As a matter of fact the url was earlier in this thread and it's been edited out).

I happen to agree with this. Since we understand there is a known bug we have to accept that there may be other, bigger, less friendly bugs also.

With that in mind I don't think it's as good an idea as it sounds to "just try it".

My .02

Tom P.

Comment

Working...
                                X