No announcement yet.

1.08 Patch is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, Aeson. I guess there's no one that could send me that file to look at while I'm at work, eh?

Comment

• If you give me an email address then I'll do it.

-Drachasor
      "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

• Originally posted by ElvisMonster
        Just DL'd that before work this morning. Hopefully it'll fix my crash problem...although if it does, there's a really good chance that my garage won't get cleaned this weekend.
        For me it's putting up those darned christmas lights.

U never know, we might get the patch today! Maybe they just released the wrong version of a file or something and they are re-packaging it as we speak! Don't be negative yet!

Comment

• Can someone send me a Link to the Patch? Would like to play, even if it is still buggy... better than not bbeing able to play anyways....
          Mail me forexample =)

Thanks

Comment

• I'm not being negative at all! I'm excited that I'm able to play even if it's just a little bit! I'd rather play with crashes than not play with black tiles. I'm very, very happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drachasor
              If you give me an email address then I'll do it.

-Drachasor
              I PMed you an email address.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finarfin

And I PMed you another one...

I want to be happy too... At least in the end game I can't. Too slow. Playable, but slow.
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• I want my laptop and Civ IV to make love without producing some Blue Screen of Death (well, it's blue and a sign that the computer is no longer working...but not the traditional BSOD) of an offspring. Please patch us before the day is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by greggbert
                    I work in software development. The biggest danger is this:

Let's say that the patch version that you installed(1.0.8.4 for example) introduces a new bug, and the patch they end up releasing (1.0.8.5 for example) assumes that you have version 1.0.0.16 installed (the cd-rom version). It might not remove the bug that was introduced in 1.0.8.4. In order for you to get all the benefits of 1.0.8.5 you might have to uninstall, reinstall 1.0.0.16 and then upgrade to 1.0.8.5. No big deal, but a pain in the butt. Now if uninstalling the game doesn't remove whatever caused the problem in 1.0.8.4 then you are screwed, but that's probably not the case.

When my company releases software, we only support upgrades from the last customer released version to the next customer released version, if we create an intermediate version during development (like the one that almost got released yesterday), our testers need to roll back to the last released version before applying the patch. And you would too.

DISCLIMER, all the version numbers I put below are just examples, not necessarily the real ones.
                    I sent MarkG a PM with this point and asked if he or someone else could get clarification from Firaxis on the matter. Hopefully, those of us that got and installed the patch before it was pulled will be able to put the new patch over this aborted one.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• For the record, the world builder works fine using Ctrl-W, it's only the world builder button that doesn't function.

Bh

Comment

• Originally posted by Finarfin

Ahh, it seems that PMing is only for members now. I didn't know that (it isn't very clear unless you click on the link). I think my membership expired half a year ago. Dratness.

-Drachasor
                        "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

• Go to control panel -> Private Messages. The PM (-/-) indicator is intended for PLUS members, I'm not sure it would work for non-plus members or not as a link to the PM box. As far as I know, all registered Apolyton members are able to receive and send PMs.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• I was going to say that seemed odd. No mention that I've found in the Community forum saying the PM feature had been limited to PLUS members.
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                                I sent MarkG a PM with this point and asked if he or someone else could get clarification from Firaxis on the matter. Hopefully, those of us that got and installed the patch before it was pulled will be able to put the new patch over this aborted one.
                                When a finalized patch gets released, it will be designed to install over the previous public release (v100 in this case). This isn't coming directly from Firaxis, but I'd be very surprised if it could go on top of anything in between.

Fortunately, the reinstall process allows you to keep any saves (don't know if they'll be upgradeable or not), and doesn't take too long. This is relative of course, but I've found it takes longer to fix dinner than to un- and re-install.
                                Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Working...
                                X